The Flash Why didn't Grant get more muscular/ripped during Season 2/3?

As she should be, honestly. He's a speedster, she's a brick. And yes, Kryptonian superpowers, but empowered Kryptonians are usually portrayed as muscular, and she does spend a lot of term exerting herself.

I think he looks good. If they really wanted a bulky Flash, they'd just pad his suit and other costumes.

Honestly, I think a lot of the male actors playing superheroes go overboard. Would Starlord really spend hours and hours on the Milano in the gym bulking up? Would Wolverine really be that self-conscious about his appearance that he'd spent so much time bulking up since joining the X-Men. Superman has never made much sense, since he'd need special gym equipment for muscle building given his super strength (and muscular bulk is pretty much unnecessary for him). Batman does make a degree of sense, but the older gadget dependent Batman probably wouldn't rely too much on physical force.

That's true to a point, but remember that visual coding is important. Superman isn't muscular because he needs to be, so much as he's muscular so that his image to the audience reads as "strong". Same reason why the Flash really *shouldn't* be super ripped, even though real world sprinters tend to have enormous leg muscles.

No reason why he shouldn't look at least like a sprinter.

I think he looks good. If they really wanted a bulky Flash, they'd just pad his suit and other costumes.

Honestly, I think a lot of the male actors playing superheroes go overboard. Would Starlord really spend hours and hours on the Milano in the gym bulking up? Would Wolverine really be that self-conscious about his appearance that he'd spent so much time bulking up since joining the X-Men. Superman has never made much sense, since he'd need special gym equipment for muscle building given his super strength (and muscular bulk is pretty much unnecessary for him). Batman does make a degree of sense, but the older gadget dependent Batman probably wouldn't rely too much on physical force.
lol it's funny you brought up super man he's not ripped cause he went to a gym , he's ripped & muscly cause he grew up a far boy and the only silly reason I'm saying this is cause of none sense like talk show's like the one Meredith Vira had on NBc which ened last year. where she mentioned there's a calendar model thing for male farmers where she other other certain women from her audoince love gawking at them like their meat. lol all that none sens aside

I think clark got a pretty decent work out just being a farmer before heading into journalism . I remember when I was working at factory for bit my buddies said i was looking more ripped then usual. so he didn't no he didn't need no Gym

Last edited:
Heh the farmers don't have to worry about memberships, truth. Imagine Clark lifting weights though.

Heh the farmers don't have to worry about memberships, truth. Imagine Clark lifting weights though.
lol yeah it'll be like the hulk using the front pat of car's for boxing gloves . lol he'll have some explaining to to with those around . cause well he supposed to be ordinary if we're talk about him in just the reporter and ordnary guy sense and a boss or editor . in which he'd have his own private gym . .so yeah there's alot of reason it was avoid with the silly farm boy';s don't need no gym . and in some ways they don't.

i'll agree visually if he bulked up abit he would look better in the suit.

however grant isn't a man yet, he's young male in his early 20's, he's essentially still growing, so as he ages he'll naturally put on weight and beef up abit more.

I think he looks fine in the suit, being a speedster isn't about your body's phyique, other than maybe stamina and conditioning.

I don't think if he was muscular that it would make him faster, its all about controlling and being in tune with the speedforce that makes you faster or how fast the speedforce allows you to go...he may look better bulked up but it would have no affect on his powers.

It's ridiculous that anyone with superpowers needs to be bulky. Why does Superman need to be built like Arnold Schwarzenegger? Supergirl is just as powerful as Superman and in most depictions of her she is built like a normal woman.
Only non-superpowered heroes like Batman need to have bulk. What legitimate reason is for there to be a bulked up Flash. Is it going to make him run faster? Put more oomph in his lightning punches? Make it easier to phase through things?

The more mass Superman has, the more energy he can store the more power he can put into his muscles to make them stronger. He gains mass by just sitting in the sun with his biology building the muscle from the surplus of energy he gets.

Whoomp there it is.

DHAJIxtUMAEX057.jpg

Now I want the Flash to wear a sleeveless costume! Arrow went sleeveless for one season ... from memory, so it's time for a gun show from Barry too.

Wishful thinking, they won't do it. Grant is bulking up for nothing, they won't take him out of the sleeves.

Doesn't the suit help protect him from the heat generated by air friction?

The spandex does. The suit he's wearing now looks too heavy.

The show seems way too PG to do anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"