Why do Batman and Catwoman love each other?

batman1

Civilian
Reaction score
They've been doing thia dance for 80 years now. Can we talk about the attraction? And what makes their relationship tick? Why are they into each other?

They understand each other and have a lot in common.

Mostly because of the cat/mouse game...the danger of the "forbidden".
It is a lot based on ideas...on the gimmick of it all.
The hero who flirts with the "villian" hoping to turn her good.

Characterwise? I dont know, havent seen too many writers put a lot of focus on them as people.
I never saw anything with substance to be honest, the flirt sure...the idea and sexyness of it.
But real depth, something that makes me think they are everlasting? Havent personally seen that.

Maybe someone else has a different angle i havent considered.

Their's is a tragic romance, at least as it has been predominantly portrayed in comics canon. They do love each other, and it many ways are really meant for each other, but because of who they are and their dedication to their respective paths in life, they can never truly be together.

They've been doing thia dance for 80 years now. Can we talk about the attraction? And what makes their relationship tick? Why are they into each other?

The answers really depend on which version of the myths we're talking about. The Burton films have one , The Nolan films have another, BTAS has one take, Gotham the series has another etc.

Its a bit difficult to answer imo, given that there really aren't definitive versions of these characters.

I guess if there's one constant in the tv and film realm , its Batman's desire for Catwoman to "go straight" though the question always is "to what end?".

Bruce isn't Clark Kent, and his demons make it difficult for him to truly trust, settle down, or truly be a spouse/partner who'd be there to support her emotionally.

So, if we're playing armchair psych, maybe its her "unavailability" that draws him to her.

Deep down, he knows he can't or won't truly commit to someone, so he's drawn to someone who's basically always unavailable and elusive .

She's shifty, dangerous, etc, so he knows he can never truly trust her 100 percent, nor could have ever really commit to her and take the risks involved in any committed relationship.

But since he fears those things , he goes to someone unlike Vicki Vale, Silver St Cloud, Julie Madison, who won't demand of him a true commitment and emotional stability.

And that's not even counting his own commitment he feels to Gotham, his parents memory, his need to control etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"