Why do comic-book fans smell bad?

The sad thing is there really are grown men out there that don't know how to properly. :csad:

Oh, I know of at least one guy who didn't know how to shower properly. I was over at his place to help prep for a party, I know he went into the shower, but he came out smelling just as bad as when he went in.

You have to scrub everywhere with SOAP guys, and don't buy dollar store brand soap either.

"Teeth, armpits, a-hole, crotch. Preferably with the same brush." -George Carlin on how to shower

One thing that is so hard to do is breaking it to the guy that he smells bad. I couldn't even tell somebody that their breath stinks. I'd feel horrible.

Guys that get up in the morning and just splash some water on their face...no. And if you're a girl, hell no. Babe, you have way more stinky crevices than we do.

Complete and total lack of hygiene. It afflicts most LAN Party goers as well :(

well can a mod close this thread cause it was obivously made by someone who wants to start a fight.

Where's my "other" option when I really need it?

If I smell bad it's because you're not used to the smell of shampoo and hair conditioner. Either that or I was recently in a mud wrestling match ;) or just came back from a night of dancing at the clubs, or both.

God I missed you
36_3_7.gif

I think anime fans smell worse
they have H.O.B.O.(Horrible Otaku Body Odor)

i went to a comic con to see rob zombie.... didnt smell nearly as bad as a dundracon.. oh man, there was like... a cloud of funk hanging over that Hilton.

Well, according to Joe Q, all comic book fans are 30 something who live with their parents/guardians, unemployed and broke, so it would make sense they also smell. Probably of a wiff a sulfur from their latest deal with the devil.

This is so lame.

I'll tell you, one of the biggest motivators for cleanliness and grooming, is knowing that you're going to be physically intimate with a hot chick at any time....like, having a girlfriend?

If you've just given up on attracting someone sexually, then why bother, right? :whatever:

I believe this is the main problem. Also, they lead such depressing lives, reaping pleasure only from escapism, and the depression robs you of motivation and makes you lazy and apathetic.

They're trying to "phase out" physical reality and focus on fantasy, so soon, they're oblivious to the reality of their stench, not so concerned with the fact that there's a thick amber crust forming around their clothes that they haven't ****ing washed in 6 months, and much more concerned with whether Tony Stark is a Skrull or not. :whatever:

Anyway, I still love geeky things, but I'm not a geek.
Occasionally I go in to buy a new video game, in my suit, smelling of Armani cologne, and GOD!....it's ****ing SICK.
I walk in and GOD! You sick, sick freaks!!!!

It's a real problem, I feel like I'm going to catch a rare disease just from breathing the AIR in the gamestop store.
I would never in a million years take a girl with me to buy video games, because the word for it, a word that's overused, but perfectly suited to this phenomenon...

It's OFFENSIVE.
You feel like a homeless guy has jumped on you and is rubbing his fetid crotch right in your face, as curdled body filth and sour milk, rotten food and hair grease oozes into your lungs and mouth...just when you walk in the door.

I stopped reading comics in the 90's. Now I only read Wizard magazine to watch an overview of new developments from afar...but back in the 80's, if you wanted to get all the cool comics in Utah, you had to go to Comics Utah (imaginative name!), and yes, it was like running a gauntlet, trying to navigate through the perilous "little boy sneaker stink"...the sudden BASH in the face of a 9 foot tall column of rancid back sweat and corner of the ear cheese.

TAKE A BATH AND WASH YOUR CLOTHES REGULARLY, dip****s!

GOD! :whatever:
Or, if that's too much trouble for you, then order your crap online because we civilized beings are sick of having to become intimately familiar with your musks and greases.

SICK!

There are a few comic shops still around the downtown Chicago area, and they all do have that distinctive smell of old pizza and socks.

I have to agree, there is a select bunch of comic fans that stink, i think its because the characters they love are there life, they live for the characters, theres being a fan and theres being a FAN. I think they adore there characters so much they have no time for nothing else, including bathing.

if i'm honest my comic shop has it's own smell...like a mixture of a fried egg and slightly burnt paper...:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"