Why do people care if Jesus had a wife and child?

Darthphere said:
The whole Bible wouldt be wrong, only the New Testament, therefore meaning the Jews are right!:eek:

But the point is, if it can be wrong about something it can be wrong about anything. Including the Old Testement.

DorkyFresh said:
if i remember correctly (i might be wrong)....in christianity, EVERYTHING = God. but we don't worship the person sleeping on the side of the road do we? ;)

You're wrong.

DorkyFresh said:
if i remember correctly (i might be wrong)....in christianity, EVERYTHING = God. but we don't worship the person sleeping on the side of the road do we? ;)

Nope.

Darthphere said:
The whole Bible wouldt be wrong, only the New Testament, therefore meaning the Jews are right!:eek:

Damn those Jews :mad:

oh well...then i'm wrong, but even Jesus himself said "don't worship me" so...whatever

InsaneMembrane said:
I think you need to read up gnosticism.

I think people are upset because it goes against Christian doctrine. I watched a documentary on the whole thing on CNN I believe the person speaking said it wouldnt be that unsual for a jewish Man to remain unmarried (and you have to remember Jesus died when he was 33)

Last time I checked the carthars where a gnostic sect and many scholars link them to grail myth and legends of the holy family.

Emrys said:
Last time I checked the carthars where a gnostic sect and many scholars link them to grail myth and legends of the holy family.

Your arguments are completely out of place here. The majority of Christians do not believe Jesus had a wife and child and they are the ones offended.

ampersand said:
But the point is, if it can be wrong about something it can be wrong about anything. Including the Old Testement.

Considering that the bible isn't very historically accurate it wouldn't be that much of a change since it's wrong most of the times already.

It takes away from His purity. (although, sex in marriage is not a sin Ronny;) ) And we Chistians believe in the Trinity, there are no demi-god kids walking the earth.

I may be wrong, but I think Christians worship Kali and can magically pull the still-beating heart from a man's chest with their bare hands.:confused:

Emrys said:

Gnosticism wasnt a hemogenous group, the branch that includes Christian themes is the Syrian-Egyptian group, some gnostics believed in what the Carthars said and some didn't so what's your point?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
lol, Dorky Fresh, you....clearly need to bone up on Christianity.:confused:

well.....as much as i'd like to.....

.....actually i'm lying. i don't want to. christianity's done nothing for me but hold me down. but you're right.....i don't know much about the teachings of Christianity...

ampersand said:
Your arguments are completely out of place here. The majority of Christians do not believe Jesus had a wife and child and they are the ones offended.

Well, then let them be, who cares? Point is, there are schools of thoughts that believe the holy family exists, some of those are as old as the 1st century AD and that alone gives them enough legitimacy, or at least as much as the mainstream denominations have.

InsaneMembrane said:
Gnosticism wasnt a hemogenous group, the branch that includes Christian themes is the Syrian-Egyptian group, some gnostics believed in what the Carthars said and some didn't so what's your point?
That there were gnostic sects who believed in the holy family?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I may be wrong, but I think Christians worship Kali and can magically pull the still-beating heart from a man's chest with their bare hands.:confused:
Only the level 12 power priests.

:D

Emrys said:
Well, then let them be, who cares? Point is, there are schools of thoughts that believe the holy family exists, some of those are as old as the 1st century AD and that alone gives them enough legitimacy, or at least as much as the mainstream denominations have.

You don't have to convince me, I'm not a Christian. I was just answering Matt's question.

Mee said:
It takes away from His purity. (although, sex in marriage is not a sin Ronny;) ) And we Chistians believe in the Trinity, there are no demi-god kids walking the earth.
Not all christians believe in the trinity and there is no homogenous teaching. Actually I find this whole uproar of the christians highly insulting to sects that believe in the holy family. After all that's an aspect which falls under freedom of religion.

Emrys said:
Not all christians believe in the trinity and there is no homogenous teaching. Actually I find this whole uproar of the christians highly insulting to sects that believe in the holy family. After all that's an aspect which falls under freedom of religion.

I find it insulting that Dan Brown is making up history and things about Da Vinci.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
How has it held you down?

Aint nothing gonna break my stride, aint nothing gonna hold me down uh-oh I got to keep on mvoing.

Emrys said:
True, some do believe it. There are alot of denominations and alot of different views, I posted from the view of the denominations I've been a part of.

ampersand said:
I find it insulting that Dan Brown is making up history and things about Da Vinci.

DAN BROWN DIDNT MAKE IT UP! HE STOLE THE IDEAS! THEYVE BEEN AROUND FOR CENTURIES!

ok, im good now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"