Why do people care if Jesus had a wife and child?

Abaddon said:
This made me think of the opening to Batman Beyond.:o

There was a kick ass opening song for that show too.

Definitely should be the Jesus Theme Song.

OR

GI JESUS!!

COOL_JESUS.jpg

Bill said:
And how does Jacob fleecing Laban of some goats using some off kilter biology a metaphor for creation? And I agree with the second part.

Somehow I think "metaphors" and "allegory" are the apologists excuse for the Bible being wrong.
but thats the christians miss concepetion. No one is trying to prove it wrong, just not word for word fact. Proving stories are teachings and metaphors in no way proves the bible wrong. Its a book of learning and a book that teaches one in a peaceful way to be a better person.

Abaddon said:
This made me think of the opening to Batman Beyond.:o
actually... it made me think of yoda... lol just sub out ignorance for hate

TheSumOfGod said:
Why do people care if Jesus had a wife and child? Because if he did, it would mean that he had sex. And, as we all know, sex is evil. :o

Sex isn't evil. What may be evil is how the sex and what circumstances they occur in.

Matt said:
I don't get why people take such offense to this. Does anyone know?

Because it disrupts there tightly woven beliefs.

it doesnt upset there beliefs... it changes what they've been told.. and people fear change

spideyboy_1111 said:
but thats the christians miss concepetion. No one is trying to prove it wrong, just not word for word fact. Proving stories are teachings and metaphors in no way proves the bible wrong. Its a book of learning and a book that teaches one in a peaceful way to be a better person.

But thus far, you haven't offered any evidence that it is anything more than an ancient people writing down how they thought the world came to be. The need to attach "metaphor" to it, in my opinion, means you know how ridiculous it sounds so let's enable it to make sense in some context.

There's a lot of metaphor in my Spider-Man and Batman comics. Should I start worshipping Spider-Man as my one true savior?

To me, it sounds like Jesus Christ was the first superhero story. Jesus would make a good Marvel comic character. You know, with the whole being pinned to a cross and being ressurrected. Just couldn't see DC pulling that off.

Stan Lee....Steve Ditko...together again. For.

The Spectacular JESUS CHRIST!!! :eek:

SpideyInATree said:
There's a lot of metaphor in my Spider-Man and Batman comics. Should I start worshipping Spider-Man as my one true savior?

To me, it sounds like Jesus Christ was the first superhero story. Jesus would make a good Marvel comic character. You know, with the whole being pinned to a cross and being ressurrected. Just couldn't see DC pulling that off.

Stan Lee....Steve Ditko...together again. For.

The Spectacular JESUS CHRIST!!! :eek:

I'd pick that book up :up:

Me too. Ditko's Jesus would be the definitive Jesus Christ. :o

Bill said:
But thus far, you haven't offered any evidence that it is anything more than an ancient people writing down how they thought the world came to be. The need to attach "metaphor" to it, in my opinion, means you know how ridiculous it sounds so let's enable it to make sense in some context.
you cant prove a metaphor is a metaphor, it takes intellegents to spot one though.

and if all bible thumpers need is "the bible says so" to be proof then you cant tell me anything that ive said isnt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"