Why do people care if Jesus had a wife and child?

Emrys said:
Not really considering that stupid mythology isn't really needed.

Every religion is a fraud.

The mythology is needed because a man cannot save mankind, only God can. If Christianity cannot save me, than there is no need to follow it. I can do whatever I want and there are no eternal consequences.

Jourmugand said:
People are insulted because the idea that they have been taught about Jesus might be wrong.What if something you belived in for your whole life was wrong,or you did not know some facts?Would you feel threatned?To feel you wasted your life beliving that something might be wrong or not all the facts were known?That`s how they feel.

Ahwww poor little christians, my goodness how bad it must be to actually have to aknowledge that there are different schools of thought concerning their pet deity. Damn damn, that freedom of religion thing is really coming back to bite us in the ass hmmm?

War Lord said:
The mythology is needed because a man cannot save mankind, only God can. If Christianity cannot save me, than there is no need to follow it. I can do whatever I want and there are no eternal consequences.

Hey, you got it, That's exactly how the world works :)

You know what I never understood, why is man in need of saving? if you ask me whe have done a pretty good job of getting ourselves on track the last 500 years when we finally stopped taking weird mythology seriously.

Emrys said:
Not really considering that stupid mythology isn't really needed.

Every religion is a fraud.
Ahh some things never change :rolleyes:

Did we ever figure out what country you are from?

Emrys said:

That's if Christ was not God, but since he is and Scripture, which has been proven to me to be Truth, I'll take that instead.

War Lord said:
That's if Christ was not God, but since he is and Scripture, which has been proven to me to be Truth, I'll take that instead.

Well nice for you, to me it has been proven that he isn't and scripture is false, I'll take that and since I'm not bound to respect christian sensitvites people like me and Dan Brown can pretty much write whatever we want about Jesus and god.

Emrys said:

You know what I never understood, why is man in need of saving? if you ask me whe have done a pretty good job of getting ourselves on track the last 500 years when we finally stopped taking weird mythology seriously.

I dont know lets ask the wife of a soldier who got killed in war, or the father of a 12 year old girl who got raped why man needs saving.

InsaneMembrane said:
Ahh some things never change :rolleyes:

Did we ever figure out what country you are from?

Nope still not but there is someone you can ask if you want :p

Darthphere said:
I dont know lets ask the wife of a soldier who got killed in war, or the father of a 12 year old girl who got raped why man needs saving.
Oh some individuals are in dire need of saving but considering that at least most western countries frown upon such acts, I'd say we don't need saving as a species. We just need to get those individuals out of the dark ages and into modern times.

Emrys said:
Well nice for you, to me it has been proven that he isn't and scripture is false, I'll take that and since I'm not bound to respect christian sensitvites people like me and Dan Brown can pretty much write whatever we want about Jesus and god.

I respect your right to do so and I also respect your right to be wrong.

War Lord said:

what's been discussed in the last few posts is all a matter of opinion....nothing is proven nor has anything been debunked....there's no 'right' or 'wrong'. don't act like you're better than him just because he doesn't believe in the same things you do...

War Lord said:

Thanks, I also respect your right to be wrong

DorkyFresh said:
what's been discussed in the last few posts is all a matter of opinion....nothing is proven nor has anything been debunked....there's no 'right' or 'wrong'. don't act like you're better than him just because he doesn't believe in the same things you do...

Don't bother, I'm as much convinced that he's wrong as he is convinced that I am.

oh okay....well in that case, both of ya'll are wrong and i'm right. :up: :D

DorkyFresh said:

Whether it be Christ's resurrection or the miracles he performed, Christianity has been well documented from its beginning.

Actually War Lord, the documentation of Christianity is more like a long game of telephone, the monks who originally made "copies" of the bibles sometimes added or subtracted things to help the story. Making your own little revisions after the fact kinda prevents things from being considered well documented.

As a Christian I have no problems with the possiblility of Jesus being married and having kids. I never understood why Christian priests couldn't marry, every other religion allows their spiritual leaders to marry and have kids. Maybe we wouldn't have so many priests molesting little boys if they could marry.

amazingfantasy15 said:
Actually War Lord, the documentation of Christianity is more like a long game of telephone, the monks who originally made "copies" of the bibles sometimes added or subtracted things to help the story. Making your own little revisions after the fact kinda prevents things from being considered well documented.

you're wrong

dead sea scrolls

amazingfantasy15 said:
Maybe we wouldn't have so many priests molesting little boys if they could marry.
great point.....a lot of the times when acts of sexual abuse occure it's because of pent up sexual frustration from everyone telling everyone else that sex is bad.

amazingfantasy15 said:

As a Christian I have no problems with the possiblility of Jesus being married and having kids. I never understood why Christian priests couldn't marry, every other religion allows their spiritual leaders to marry and have kids. Maybe we wouldn't have so many priests molesting little boys if they could marry.

Only Roman Catholic priests cannot marry and that had nothing to do with Scripture, because nearly all the apostles were married. It had everything to do with protecting church property from claims from divorces or children.

Ronny Shade said:
because sex is a sin. Even if you're married.

Sex is not a sin. it is a gift from God for married couples. But look what us humans have done to it :( :down We perverted it!

Some people may not know this, but Jesus was Jewish. In the time that he lived and died for a man to be in his early 30's and not married already was not very likely. Frankly I would not be surprised if he was married or had a "special" relationship with Mary Magdalene. Revisionist history is commonplace and the stories told in the New Testament were written decades and in some cases centuries after his death. Who is to say that the stories written there are accurate? I guess thats why they call it "Faith".

boywonder13 said:
Sex is not a sin. it is a gift from God for married couples. But look what us humans have done to it :( :down We perverted it!

We're God's science experiment gone completely wrong. Lucifer broke into the science class overnight and sabotaged God's project lol

God: What in the hell? Why is he sticking that in her mouth???

Exile said:
Some people may not know this, but Jesus was Jewish. In the time that he lived and died for a man to be in his early 30's and not married already was not very likely. Frankly I would not be surprised if he was married or had a "special" relationship with Mary Magdalene. Revisionist history is commonplace and the stories told in the New Testament were written decades and in some cases centuries after his death. Who is to say that the stories written there are accurate? I guess thats why they call it "Faith".

It's well documented that Revelation, the last book written, was written shortly prior to 100 AD.

Jesus was a Jew?

Nooooooooooooooo!! My world is crushed.

War Lord said:
It's well documented that Revelation, the last book written, was written shortly prior to 100 AD.
"well documented" can mean anything...

...and a lot can change in 100 years.

DorkyFresh said:
"well documented" can mean anything...

...and a lot can change in 100 years.

And a lot doesn't change in 100 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members