Why do you read comics?

Green Arrow's one of my favorite characters. Too bad DC's sucking with him. :(

There's a difference being interested in something and being completely ignorant to it.

I admit ignorance on my part because I don't know every single other comics publisher out there (gee, imagine that), but I feel as if I'm still missing the rationale here.

I said I only read Marvel. Are you saying I'm ignorant for that reason or b/c I don't know the names of every other publisher out there?

Well from my knowledge being ignorant of something is not an insult, its a fact.
I'm ignorant to the subsistence patterns of the Nandi's of western Kenya, doesn't mean I'm an idiot, just means I don't know something.

From what your saying, you are indeed ignorant of other comic publishers, as am I, as Marvel indoctrinated me early on, brainwashing me to believe that I had to "make mine marvel". :\

Well from my knowledge being ignorant of something is not an insult, its a fact.
I'm ignorant to the subsistence patterns of the Nandi's of western Kenya, doesn't mean I'm an idiot, just means I don't know something.

From what your saying, you are indeed ignorant of other comic publishers, as am I, as Marvel indoctrinated me early on, brainwashing me to believe that I had to "make mine marvel". :\

You're right.

But from what I've seen, the other publishers don't grab my attention. I don't "make mine Marvel" just for the sake of making it Marvel. I make it Marvel b/c I like it.

Logical and true. :up:

lmao nice response

I'm laughing b/c that reminds me of Yes, Minister. Ever seen it?

No.

But you'll never read non-Marvel books. The best books out there are non-Marvel.

You're right.

But from what I've seen, the other publishers don't grab my attention. I don't "make mine Marvel" just for the sake of making it Marvel. I make it Marvel b/c I like it.

Oh I know, Marvel probably has partially sunk into my head as the status quo, yet I can't help but feel underwhelmed, visually, by the characters of other comic companies.

Also, when I was a kid, 10 years ago, I'd go into the comic shop with limited funds, and was faced with tons of choice.

I went with what I thought were sure bets, and I liked them. Today I hardly ever buy, I umm, have placeholders... But some of you guys seem to spend inordinant amounts monthly!

But you'll never read non-Marvel books. The best books out there are non-Marvel.

That's your opinion.

Part of the reason I don't read anything else is b/c they don't seem to be as widely available. Leaving DC out of the equation, and I guess Dark Horse, I don't see the others you mentioned around very much, if at all.

DC has imo better chars than Marvel.

That's your opinion.

Part of the reason I don't read anything else is b/c they don't seem to be as widely available. Leaving DC out of the equation, and I guess Dark Horse, I don't see the others you mentioned around very much, if at all.

Then, either your shop blows pole or you're not looking hard enough.

Okay, then. If Marvel's all the interests you, then you've got a one track mind. Would you concede that?

Ok, I should re-phrase that. It's Marvel's characters that interest me. As far as I am concerned, it could've been DC that created Ghost Rider and Captain America.

It's the characters I go for. That's why I sometimes read Dark Horse b/c of Alien and Predator.

Ok, I should re-phrase that. It's Marvel's characters that interest me. As far as I am concerned, it could've been DC that created Ghost Rider and Captain America.

It's the characters I go for. That's why I sometimes read Dark Horse b/c of Alien and Predator.

Do you also listen to one kind of music and watch only one kind of movie and eat only one kind of food?

So, why read read only type of comic?

Because it's those characters that interest me. As dumb as this might sound, what more can other publishers do that Marvel hasn't done already?

Actually wait, scratch that...you could probably say the same thing about DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"