Why does Daredevil and Elektra flims not sit well with fans?

the DD DC is good, and much better than the theatrical.
Affleck was a good Matt Murdock, but had serious problem to play DD ( he isn't a martial art artist at all )
DD should have been batman begins, it had the potential, but the movie is still enjoyable.

As for Elektra, it sucked. The way Typhoid Mary ( her ann nocenti version was probably the best supervilainess of all time ) or Stone were butchered is infamous

Mr. Socko said:
I thought the DD costume was pretty good.

It's really one of the more practical costumes...unbuttoned collar and all...(because seriously, you wear that thing closed all the time, you're going to be gagging constantly...)

deemar325 said:
9.At no point did I believe the movie was in NewYork, it didn't feel like NY and it was very obvious that it was filmed in Los Angeles.

I've never once believed that, when watching the SPIDER-MAN films, that I was in New York (or queens, or...you get the idea). However, both DD and SPIDER-MAN did have some location shooting in NYC, despite all being primarily shot in LA.

cookiva said:
I cant think of anyone to play Murdock though. Every name i just cant stand. Its the same with Captain America. Either they cant act (Jason Lewis), or they dont look the part (Pitt, Damon) for Cap. DD is even harder....

Affleck actually looks like Frank Miller's DD.

Before they cast Affleck, I always (ironically) envisioned Matt Damon as Murdock. Of course, after the movie I was converted, but I still think Damon could've done it for sure.

Well I did notice that you could easily tell that they shot in LA not New York.

As I posted earlier, I think the DC cut of Daredevil is one of the best superhero movies ever made!

I have absolutely no problem with Ben Affleck. I do agree that they didn't give the Kingpin enough backstory and screentime.

As for the action scenes, they were great imho, the DC cuts added footage shows even more of Daredevils fighting style, nothing wrong with it at all. I can't say the same for Batman Begins, some of the fight scenes in that movie absolutely sucked! I hope they get that right before they make the next one!

When I saw "Daredevil" in theatres, I enjoyed it. Second time, I didn't enjoy it quite so much. I saw alot of the flaws I didn't see before.

Then I received it on DVD... and this time around, I absolutely hated it.
"I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school...
He was terrible in that film..."

Sure, this excerpt from the "End of an Act" song from "Team America: World Police"'s soundtrack was written about Pearl Harbor, but it applies to Daredevil too. I didn't see Matt Murdock. I saw Ben Affleck in Cyclops's shades. Garner was bad too. Elektra is supposed to be an exotic beauty, not a man-faced tv actress. They should have gotten someone who knows how to act on the big screen, and Garner did not leave that impression with me.

Bullseye and Foggy were the only highlights of the film in my opinion. Kingpin could have been good, but he was barely in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"