Why does Marvel hate Mary Jane so much

My only peeve is that they're hinting at Pete having one of four different relationships. Two in the first (Gwen and Betty [it was a sorta 'blink and you miss it' type hint), and then Liz Allen in the second, and now MJ is gonna be in the show. Pick one people!:cmad:

ONE!!!!

No. Peter should be open to options. It makes for more interesting story telling and it reitterates what was done in the comics. Seeing peter pine after one girl imo is lame and boring and doesn't leave room for growth. Should he end up with one of these girls, that'll be great but until he actually enters an exclusive elationship, Pete should try and get what he can.

I'm going to be a tad dissapointed if the show doesn't hint at some sort of potential romance between Peter and Betty before things really get hot and heavy with MJ.

You and me both, chief. I go hard for some Brant action. On a side note, if Wiki is accurate, I get to see some Black Cat action by episode 10 :cwink:

Total Catwoman knockoff. They couldn't have came up with some more original animal other then a cat when creating a character? I mean come on! Total lameness.

I read somewhere, that Black cat came around before Catwoman became the way she is nowadays. Before she like wore that purple dress costume and other things.

I read somewhere, that Black cat came around before Catwoman became the way she is nowadays. Before she like wore that purple dress costume and other things.
True, when Black cat was first introduced the only similarites were that she was a theif and a cat themed character.

Wikipedia said:
Felicia Hardy's signature costume, cat burglar profession, and her steady relationship to Spider-Man predate Selina Kyle's similar depiction in comics by almost a decade. Catwoman spent most of her comic life as a purple-dressed female super villain who used big cats to commit anything but subtle crimes. Selina Kyle's current comic book incarnation as a black suited cat burglar with romantic ties to Batman didn't occur until 1987 with Frank Miller's classic Batman: Year One, although Batman did show a romantic interest in her during her first appearance in Batman #1 before she wore a costume and was known simply as "The Cat". Catwoman's depiction in 1966 on the Batman television series was the first time outside the comics that we saw Selina Kyle as a black catsuit-clad cat burglar seductress.
Yea I know its Wiki blah blah, but it referances certain issues and stories and a BOF article.

Total Catwoman knockoff. They couldn't have came up with some more original animal other then a cat when creating a character? I mean come on! Total lameness.
IMO, Black Cat really adds something in Peter Parkers life and that makes for very interesting stories. I just don't find her to be like Catwoman.

I found her Ultimate sPider-Man role entertaining. Here she was crushing on him for months and when she finally takes the mask off to find out he's (still unbelievably) 15... she throws up on him. I doubt a Saturday Morning Cartoon will feature a tightly clad, top heavy seductress initiating a May/December romance with it's 16 year old protagonist but if it did IT WOULD BE THE COOLEST F**KING SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON EVER!

Well we dont know right now how old black cat is going to be in the show.

I don't really imagine Tricia Helfer voicing a high school character but yeah, you never know.

yea i figure they will probably make flicia hardy/black cat early/mid 20s most likely.

College girl perhaps? Maybe Eddie's girlfriend if they keep playing on the LOST-esque theme of interwoven character arcs.

Well i was saying before i doubt every single character will be internwoven into everyone. There is just so many guys who dont have any connections to people untill spidey tries to stop what ever they are doing.

Say what you will about BC but she's a sex symbol and I know all of you have at least looked twice and were like, "damn! she's kinda hot" at least once. Anyway, like spiderhero12 said, has been in some interesting stories with Peter. She's not the greatest or an original character but who in comicdom is these days?

College girl perhaps? Maybe Eddie's girlfriend if they keep playing on the LOST-esque theme of interwoven character arcs.

I wouldn't mind that. Maybe she falls for spidey and this only fuels Eddy's jealousy!

Yay, MJ got mentioned on today's show. We'll probably see her in next week's episode.

Yay, MJ got mentioned on today's show. We'll probably see her in next week's episode.
Yeah, I saw so glad to hear Aunt May say that she wants Peter to meet mary Jane Watson. It's taken straight out of the comics. :up:

Yeah, I saw so glad to hear Aunt May say that she wants Peter to meet mary Jane Watson. It's taken straight out of the comics. :up:
I went 'squee' a little at that bit in today's episode. :) I love all the nods to the original continuity. :heart:

Yea he probably thinks she is fat/ugly looking like in the comics too and was the reason he didnt want to meet her. I am betting since betty blew him off, and gwen still mad at him peter is probably going to end up taking mj to his fall formal thing. I mentioned this in another thread.

Yea he probably thinks she is fat/ugly looking like in the comics too and was the reason he didnt want to meet her. I am betting since betty blew him off, and gwen still mad at him peter is probably going to end up taking mj to his fall formal thing. I mentioned this in another thread.

I'm pretty sure that's where they're going with this as well. I can totally picture the scene where Peter arrives with MJ and Flash and the gang is all "SHE'S Puny Parker's date!" Then, just as things start going well with Peter and MJ, he's got to leave her to stop a villain (probably Rhino would be my guess) thus opening it up for Harry to move in and impress her, having taking his father's advice way too much to heart from this week's episode. Thus we have our Peter/Gwen and MJ/Harry pairing like the classic Stan Lee comics...before Harry's newfound confidence leads to self-destructive behavior to the point that MJ, feeling Harry wasn't the guy she thought he was, to break up with him.

I went 'squee' a little at that bit in today's episode. :) I love all the nods to the original continuity. :heart:
I defenitley agree, OctoHaz. zthe amount of Comic material in this show so far has indeed caused me to have a nerdgasm. :yay::woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"