Why doesn't someone go into business making custom made superhero/heroine costumes?

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
I once read a Spider Man story in which a tailor got into the business of repairing the costumes of superheroes(and villains) too. It just occurred to me- with the exception of Janet Van Dyne(who of course is a fashion designer), most heroes are issued their costumes(Wolverine, Captain America et al).
Why doesn't a smart entrepeneur go into the business of making custom made hero/villain costumes. They wouldn't need to meet their clients( they could be paid via online banking services such as PayPal, communicate via email and send the finished product to a post office box or mail drop-thus relieving fears of "blowing" secret identities)

Terry

There's an asian woman in bad place's Kitchen who makes costumes and does repairs for superheroes.

I once read a Spider Man story in which a tailor got into the business of repairing the costumes of superheroes(and villains) too. It just occurred to me- with the exception of Janet Van Dyne(who of course is a fashion designer), most heroes are issued their costumes(Wolverine, Captain America et al).
Why doesn't a smart entrepeneur go into the business of making custom made hero/villain costumes. They wouldn't need to meet their clients( they could be paid via online banking services such as PayPal, communicate via email and send the finished product to a post office box or mail drop-thus relieving fears of "blowing" secret identities)

Terry
If someone like that did exist, they probably would've been imprisoned by Iron Man during the Civil War for aiding illegal super-humans...

...or given a spectacular government contract, making costumes for the Initiative.

Gladiator was doing this for a bit.

You mean like the dude who made Robbie's Penance costume?

Judging by the rubbish that Jan brought out for Wonderman to try on in Mighty recently, I dont think she should even have a fashion company :D

Her and Kitty have had some of the worst outfits comics history, yet they have on several occasions been the designers for the teams

Judging by the rubbish that Jan brought out for Wonderman to try on in Mighty recently, I dont think she should even have a fashion company :D

They were the same costumes she showed Luke Cage a while back :D

Her and Kitty have had some of the worst outfits comics history, yet they have on several occasions been the designers for the teams
There's a reason Kitty always defaults to variations of the old training uniform.

Read Sider-Man: The Other, there is a guy who makes and repairs costumes for heroes and villains. Heroes are allowed their during one part of the week, and villains are allowed in the other part......it like a time share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"