why don't all polls just show the results if they're closed?

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
there are some polls in the threads in these forums that have the polling options displayed, but when I attempt to vote it, says that the poll is closed. so in order for me to see the results, I have to go back and press the button to see the results. My question now becomes if the poll is already closed why don't they just display the results?!

it is a nice suggestion as it will save time of those people who try to give their vote without success and they also cannot see the results of the poll at on first look.

Those are polls from closed threads that get carried over into new ones. It's mildly annoying seeing them but I'm not sure there's anything to be done short of deleting the poll entirely.

deleting the poll would be a mistake, i'd like to see the results

Those are polls from closed threads that get carried over into new ones. It's mildly annoying seeing them but I'm not sure there's anything to be done short of deleting the poll entirely.

this

sometimes you are able to see the results, sometimes you cannot. it depends on how the OP created the poll and whether it was made private or public, etc

If the suggestion is to immediately show the poll when it closes, there will probably not be a remedy for that, simply because it is only a few seconds more to view the poll's results....really no need to change that.

If the suggestion is to make all polls viewable as to who voted, and how they voted, that will continue to be up to the original creator of the poll....that also will not change.

So, in short.....sorry, neither suggestion is probably going to change at this time.

I have never tried this option. Can anyone in this forum create a poll? If yes, can you tell me where is the option for the same.

It has been awhile since I was Blue, so it might be a little different.

But, if you have started a thread you can go into Thread tools and hit add a poll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"