Guardians of the Galaxy Why isn't Quasar in this?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
She's a very important member of the Guardians and I think that it's a shame that Marvel believes that audiences can take a talking raccoon more seriously than a gay superhero.

Oh, is that what Marvel believes? Good to know.

^Dasher if you are talking about Phyla-Vel, she was only Quasar for a short time. Wendell Vaughn has been Quasar for decades, it was only because he died in Annihilaton that Phyla even got to be Quasar.

Vaughn has since come back to life and is Quasar again so if Quasar is used in this or any future movie it will be Wendell as him I think.

"Marvel believes that audiences can take a talking raccoon more seriously than a gay superhero."

That's not why she's not in the film...

Adding a "super-powered" being may diminish the need of the team. Probably why we won't see Adam Warlock either.

She's a very important member of the Guardians and I think that it's a shame that Marvel believes that audiences can take a talking raccoon more seriously than a gay superhero.

Ever heard of Wendell Vaughn? You know..THE Quasar.

The only thing I can think of regarding Pyla-Vell was her getting one shotted by Thanos twice, the second time, killing her.

If they were going to have one of the Kree become a superhero it's much more likely they'd go with Captain Marvel than his daughter. As it stands the Kree that are in this movie will apparently be the bad guys

If they were going to have one of the Kree become a superhero it's much more likely they'd go with Captain Marvel than his daughter. As it stands the Kree that are in this movie will apparently be the bad guys

Actually, I'd argue that if we get a Captain Marvel, it would be Carol Danvers. I'm just arguing that Phylla-Vell is an important character in Guardians of the Galaxy (as is Adam Warlock) and I'm kind of surprised that neither one of them made it into the script. Here's hoping we get a sequel.

I get that, I'm just saying it's unlikely that Phyla will be in these films when her father is a more important figure in the Marvel lore (and Danvers gets her powers from him, which is another reason they'll likely want to bring him to the big screen). Phyla was really just a substitute for him anyway, and was never all that well-established

I'm definitely also hoping for a sequel that introduces Adam Warlock in all his zany glory :up:

I think Phylla will be in these movies if we get more than one, and 2nd or 3rd movie perhaps, but she wont be Quasar, Quasar is Wendell Vaughn and has been for a very long time, comparatively Phylla only had the Quantum Bands for 5 mins compared to Vaughn.

She's not in it for the same reason Adam Warlock and bug aren't. Guardians team changes

Actually, I'd argue that if we get a Captain Marvel, it would be Carol Danvers. I'm just arguing that Phylla-Vell is an important character in Guardians of the Galaxy (as is Adam Warlock) and I'm kind of surprised that neither one of them made it into the script. Here's hoping we get a sequel.

Carol has only recently been referred to as Captain Marvel.... Mar-Vell is Captain Marvell

Warlock will show up at some point, in this, or a sequel. Thanos is there, gamora, nebula, Warlock and he have such a great relationship. IF he doesn't show up in this, I fully expect him to be in a sequel.

It just feels like something will be missing if we get Thanos without Warlock at SOME point.

Carol has only recently been referred to as Captain Marvel.... Mar-Vell is Captain Marvell

This x1,000,000. Mar-Vell is Captain Marvel, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

If they ever include Quasar, I really hope its Wendell Vaughn. Phyla. . . sucks. She really does. I mean, there's no reason she should have had to, but her entire run in the cosmic line was being useless or being actively counterproductive.

Wendell Vaughn IS Quasar, and always will be, if we get Quasar in the movies he will be it, Phylla-Vell was Quasar for comparitively 5 mins compared to Vaughn.

This x1,000,000. Mar-Vell is Captain Marvel, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

No, Billy Batson is Captain Marvel, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Captain_Marvel_004.jpg

And that's fine, but that doesn't change the fact that the real Captain Marvel is Billy Batson, and the one and only reason that Mar-Vell even exists, and why they keep putting out dozens of titles under almost as many different characters under the same name, is so that Marvel Comics can legally squat on the name.

You're a broken record CM. You should just make that your sig.

No, Billy Batson is Captain Marvel, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Captain_Marvel_004.jpg

Bingo. Mar-vell wasn't even a twinkle in Stan's (or whoever) eye when the big red cheese was saving the world. I'm a marvel guy but always had a soft spot for cap. He, green arrow and (old school) plastic man are about the only dc characters I care for.

That said would still love to see original quasar as well as mar-vell in gotg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"