Why Joker, Penguin, and Riddler should appear in DC Cinematic Batman 2 Film

Spider-Cross

Civilian
Reaction score
With The DC Cinematic Universe now having to have begun in 2013 with Man of Steel, and it's sequel Batman Vs Superman being the signal to confirming the DC Cinematic Universe is now in motion, and a stand alone film with Ben Affleck as Batman awaiting production, fans are rumoring and speculating who the villains will appear. Some want Riddler, some want Mr. Freeze, but why bet on one of the dark knight's most popular foes to show up right away when it would be best to save them for later, like the sequel to the first DC Cinematic film where he along with Joker and Penguin appear as the villains and here is why in this thread.

Now for the second DC Cinematic Batman film, Batman would go up against the Joker, the Penguin, and the Riddler to stop them and their men from continuing the gang wars in Gotham City and before more people get hurt in their crossfires. Of course I'm not talking graffiti from The Batman animated series, I'm talking about lots of thugs, gun fire, fist fights, and blowing stuff up kind of gang war and doing so with certain deviations and extentions would help make this plot idea more official and interesting.

For the Riddler, lots of you fans are wanting him to be the villain of the first stand alone Batman film of the DC Cinematic Universe but why bother? Some of us want a villain with potential physical fighting skills for the Bat to take on in the first film so it's best for the Riddler to be the main bad guy in the sequel of the stand alone Batman films. How would Riddler act as the main villain in the sequel when Joker and Penguin are expected to be involve? Simple. When Joker and Penguin along with their men get into a gang wars with each other, Riddler and his men would intervene to propose a wager to the two crime leaders on who ever is left standing with the most territory and men or who ever defeats/captures and unmasks Batman wins control over Gotham but of course Riddler himself would intend on eliminating both Joker and Penguin for control over the city all for himself.

For Riddler to be depicted in the DC Cinematic Universe, he has to be played by someone with attributes of sheer arrogance, hansom, intellect, and desperation;

Guy Pearce

Guy Pearce has been known for roles in films like The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994), L.A. Confidential (1997), Memento (2000), The King's Speech (2010), Lockout (2012), Prometheus (2012), and Iron Man 3 (2013). He also played Mike Young in the Australian television series Neighbours, and has won an Emmy Award and received nominations for Golden Globe Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards, and Saturn Awards.

Now some of you may noticed that Guy Pearce was recently speculated to portray Riddler in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Rises film before that rumor was denied of Nolan choosing choosing Tom Hardy as Bane over his attempts of basing the film on normal people dealing with situations in the real world like terrorism and it may seem impossible since Pearce had recently played the role of a villain in Marvel's Iron Man 3, but who cares. Ben Affleck played Daredevil in a Marvel Comic based film in 2003 and he's already been confirmed to play Batman in the upcoming Batman vs Superman film in 2015 so why go through all that trouble denying him? Pearce would do be a "smart" choice for the role of the Riddler not just for looks but for all the films he has done so far where he acted smart, arrogant, intellegent, and desperate, he's just the guy we need for the Riddler in the DC Cinematic films to take on Ben Affleck as Batman.

Now for the Joker who is infamous for being Batman's greatest nemisis.The Joker is known best for his methods of deception and complete unpredictability that makes him a very great threat to Gotham. As relentless and crazy as he is, the Joker stops at nothing from achieving his goals at committing crimes at scales beyond 10 way beyond. Even if it means committing massacres, prison riots, corrupting the brightest people, and blowing up buildings to do it. When the Joker appears in the films, we can't expect him to go killing innocent people at a carnival like he did in the second part of the animated Dark Knight Returns movie. That would be too cruel and not so appropriate. We want him to be at war with the Penguin because gang wars between them and the Riddler would be sweet, even for the Joker himself. Now for the person some of us want for the Joker in the film, the actor best suited for the role of the clown prince of crime, who recently did roles in movies that involved serial killers, someone with a certain tone voice and sense of humor fit for the character is an old friend of Heath Ledger;

Wes Bentley

Wesley Cook "Wes" Bentley (born September 4, 1978)[1] is an American film actor known for his roles of Ricky Fitts in American Beauty (1999) and Seneca Crane in The Hunger Games (2012).

Bentley, other than being a friend to Heath Ledger has the right kind of talent for the Joker because he did roles in previous films that involved him as a sinister antagonist like Thomas from P2, Blackheart from Ghost Rider, and Seneca Crane from Hunger Games which fits him suitably in the DC Cinematic Universe as the Dark Knights greatest foe. Now some of you may notice that before Ben Affleck was given the part of Batman, Bentley was one of the actor that director Christopher Nolan wanted for Batman. Bentley may have the looks and the black colored hair style but the voice is not enough to qualify him for Batman in this highly potential superhero franchise so it's a good thing Affleck got the part otherwise the character wouldn't look so serious enough so why bother wanting Bentley for the Batman when he can play the role of the Joker.

And as for the clowns girlfriend Harley Quinn

After being absent and unaccounted for in the previous Batman films, she is now up for making her debate in the cinematic films and Battlestar Galactica actress Katee Sackhoff has been wanted to play either Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn and because she was rejected from playing Wonder Woman, Sackhoff will be up to play Harley Quinn instead and the role as the Joker's girlfriend should suit her well because both she and Quinn are blondes and as the crazy clown's girlfriend, she'll be second in command in the Joker's crew helping him lead his army into victory against the Penguin and the Riddler in attempts of taking over Gotham so he can continue bringing the city to its knees.

Now for the Penguin, he is one of Batman's oldest and most persistant enemies.The Penguin is a short, rotund man known for his love of birds and his specialized high-tech umbrellas. A mobster and thief, he fancies himself as being a "gentleman of crime;" his nightclub business provides a cover for criminal activity, which Batman sometimes uses as a source of criminal underworld information. According to Kane the character was inspired from the then advertising mascot of Kool cigarettes – a penguin with a top hat and cane. Finger thought the image of high-society gentlemen in tuxedos was reminiscent of emperor penguins.

Here in the DC Cinematic Universe, the Penguin would appear as an arms dealer and a crime lord competing against the Joker and the Riddler for control over Gotham and intends on winning so that he does not have any competition. Now for the Penguin to be depicted in the DC Cinematic Universe, finding the proper candidate suitable enough for the character won't be easy but then again after seeing some alternated changes of characters from the Man of Steel film, maybe Penguin doesn't need to be short or perhaps someone who previously denied the role of the character in the Dark Knight Rises movie would now have a change of heart and be more than happy to portray the character in the DC Cinematic films and there is only one actor we know that is fitting for the character and should now take this chance on playing the villain while time is still present

Philip Seymour Hoffman

Philip Seymour Hoffman would be the only actor fit for the role of the Penguin because he is short and the tone of his voice does sometimes sound squawky like the character so who else would be available for the role as Oswald Cobblepot other than him? And of course another villain maybe needed to help assist Penguin in the gang war against Joker and Riddler but who would it be?

Killer Croc

or

Deadshot

Now if anyone has noticed that all three of these actors have been denied the roles of these villains in the past during the wait on Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Rises film, we'll now it is time for these speculations to be reignited once again for all time sake and by having all these villains Joker, Penguin, and Riddler saved up for the sequel to the first DC Cinematic Batman film, they should make the plot of the second film really interesting and it would give us a fun moment on choosing which one of these villains has what it takes to take down the Batman as well just like us right now choosing sides on Batman or Superman in the upcoming blockbuster film in 2015. In the meantime stay tuned

Riddler doesn't have to be handsome. I doubt Guy Pearce will play a villain like Riddler. He played a villain for Marvel, and was practically playing Edward Nygma from Batman Forever in his early scenes with Stark.

Don't like the idea of Wes Bentley for Joker either. But i like the casting you had for the rest.

Hoffman isn't the only actor who can play Penguin. David Suchet would have been great 10 years ago, or 5. But Toby Jones could play Cobblepot now. Depending on how big of a role he has, there may be more options. Meaning they may not need a huge name. Hoffman would be fantastic though.

I think Sharlto Copley has a good chance in playing either Riddler or Joker. Maybe Neil Blomkamp can direct a future Batman Beyond movie, and after Copley has already played a villain in one of the Affleck solo movies, he and Blomkamp could reunite for Beyond.

I wouldnt mind Katie Sackhoff as Harley but i dont know if she'll be in this universe. Jane Levy is also a good choice for the role.

Deadshot is boring and barely a Batman character anymore. I hope they ignore him.

Freeze or Clayface would be a better choice. And yeah, Joker/Penguin/Riddler are musts for this new take.

Just came back from The Wolf of Wall Street and I'm more convinced than ever that this idea really works... The actor I suggest actually eats a live fish in an act of aggression in the movie. He's comic relief in Wolf of Wall Street, but shows all the chops he needs to play Penguin as I describe him below.

So this one is going out on a limb, but I actually really like it.

The Penguin, as an extremely rich, young, only mildly deformed but extremely depraved, unmoral financial and/or tech company mogul, who very well may have murdered his parents as a young kid. Totally ruthless. Loves the finest things in life. Total rich kid scumbag. Smokes black blunts, and has high tech umbrellas (the type pictured here is actually by a company called Blunt). Impeccably dressed.

jonahumbrella.jpg

Comes from the same world as Bruce Wayne but obviously much younger... in many ways, a direct foil to Wayne. Whereas Bruce's parents were killed and it turned him into Batman, Cobblepot's first kill as Penguin was his parents and various kids who tormented him while growing up. He's a master of manipulation, tied to every person of power either through coercion, bribery, and carefully orchestrated murders. Rarely gets his own hands dirty, but when he does, he's absolutely vicious and sadistic.

Dresses in all black. Accent colors are a cool blue, and a sickly orange. Ice blue to symbolize his icy sociopathy and glacial patience in planning. Orange to reference the coloring of King Penguins, as well as to accent that the kid smokes WAY too much. Sallow eyes, short, fat, with a deformed right dominant hand that could have been fixed at birth if his parents hadn't been so totally apathetic, absent and neglectful.
jonahcobblepot.jpg

And here's the ridiculous image of Joker & Penguin (a much sillier version that I did for the Joker thread) that inspired me to take Jonah Hill seriously as a really out-of-left field, thoroughly modern monster that merges a lot of the kinds of celebrity rich kid tech moguls that we see in the news & popular culture with the visual flare of a Bond villain.
leojokerjonahpenguincolorfix.jpg

And actually now that I've seen Wolf of Wall Street, I'm thoroughly convinced Leo would be a damn good Joker even though he's not at all my first pick for the role.

Before seeing Wolf of Wallstreet I would've said no...

but I support this 100%. The manips sold me. And he's actually a good dramatic actor. Moneyball and Wolf of Wallstreet both had solid performances from Jonah Hill

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"