World Why no Swamp Thing, Plastic-Man or Animal-Man as a guest on JL TAS?

Hordakfan

Civilian
Reaction score
I would have loved to see them on the show back then especially with ST who needs a comeback and same for Plastic-Man who just got a comeback on Brave and The Bold.

I think because Swamp Thing was more of a vertigo, horror-type comic, and I guess the producers didn't think he fit in with a mainstream audience like kids, even though he did have a short-lived animated series and toyline in 1991. Not really sure about plastic man or animal man.

I could be wrong, but weren't the original ST comics mainly from DC? It wasn't until later that Vertigo was associated with it.

BTW, I really loved Alan Moore's run on ST....awesome! :D

Yes they were ST has been my favorite DC character for 27 years since i was 4 reading DC comics and collected his comics despite some were for mature readers as my parents had no problem of me reading mature readers comics

I think ST is really underrated....there were some pretty wicked story lines in it! It was fun to see Etrigan show up in some of them. And Moore's run with Jason Woodrue...that's still my favorite story arc from ST!

I would have loved to see them on the show back then especially with ST who needs a comeback and same for Plastic-Man who just got a comeback on Brave and The Bold.

I think because Swamp Thing was more of a vertigo, horror-type comic, and I guess the producers didn't think he fit in with a mainstream audience like kids, even though he did have a short-lived animated series and toyline in 1991. Not really sure about plastic man or animal man.

I think Plastic Man had a TV/film rights issue during that period that got resolved a couple of years ago when the "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" series was out. There might have been a similar thing going on with Swamp Thing since he had some films in the 1980's and a TV series in the 1990's.

Yeah, I was gonna say. I loved Swamp Thing as a kid. Even the live action films and show. Had some toys.

He was my third biggest comic influence at a very young age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"