The Avengers Why see Avengers multiple times if your purpose is to help box office numbers?

why would potter and nolan fans be pissed though? that is equally dumb. those films did great and got multiple sequels.

i can't quite understand it. i swear i'm trying.

tdk was a pretty substantive movie which doesn't get measured by bo numbers for example

You clearly look pissed. And desperate. People are going again and again because they ****ing LOVE this movie. Can you grasp this concept? They don't even need to be fanboys to go watch it again. People LOVE The Avengers.

deal_with_it.gif

Is it wrong that that brings a twinkle to my eye and a smile on my face?:cwink:

Hahahaha, would it be terrible to admit that I reacted in a similar fashion?

Not that I want something as significant as Harry Potter or Batman to do poorly/be forgotten ... But some fans are so obnoxious that it tickles me to see stuff like this happen.

I will say that the Potter fans have been pretty good from what I've seen. I have a few friends who are hardcore Potter fans, and they said they were kind of sad that the record was broken, but at least a GOOD MOVIE broke that record. So yay. :)

The Nolan fans though ... Some (NOT all) of them have reacted in an uuuuuuugly way. I'm really not surprised. If The Dark Knight Rises somehow breaks The Avengers record, everyone knows how the Nolanites will react. I just hope that the hardcore Marvel fans don't throw a hissy fit (but I know some would, since every fandom has those facepalm-worthy people).

All in all, I think fandoms should take advice from George Takei: Why battle each other when we could stand together against a greater enemy ... Twilight.

im not pissed at all? i watched the avengers but there were some people who saw it multiple times saying they had to help the numbers. found it odd, and still do.

A film like Avengers is one that just regular movie goers go to see again and again, not just the fanboys. This is reflected in it's ridiculous box office numbers.

i don't see tdk beating the avengers record. i could be wrong but i think the avengers came out at a perfect time. it is the first big superhero movie of the summer which is also a plus.

i don't see tdk beating the avengers record. i could be wrong but i think the avengers came out at a perfect time. it is the first big superhero movie of the summer which is also a plus.

There's more that contributes to the film succes than just those things, but that's a discussion for another thread.

As for your question why people thinks it's important to help the BO...

It's like voting, but with your wallet.If this movie succeds, you basically tells the studio that you want more like this next time..

So it's all good:yay:

What I find it odd is the desperation.

My MOM wants to watch The Avengers. I don't remember the last time I've seen my mom in a theater, I think just when I was a kid. And of course I'll be going with her and my dad. We are talking about a movie with arguably the most rewatchability I've ever seen.

Can't Nolan fanboys realize that coming here and making these stupid troll threads make them look truly pathetic?

What I find it odd is the desperation.

My MOM wants to watch The Avengers. I don't remember the last time I've seen my mom in a theater, I think just when I was a kid. And of course I'll be going with her and my dad. We are talking about a movie with arguably the most rewatchability I've ever seen.

Can't Nolan fanboys realize that coming here and making these stupid troll threads make them look truly pathetic?

Brother, i'm with you on this one.

I was joking around last night and said, next excuse they'll come up with, would be that the reason of The avengers succes is the TDKR trailer..

And sure enough...not even an hour later, some of those sad, sad people started a thread on IMDB stating EXACTLY that:doh:

I gues if being a dumb mothertruckers is a crime, these fools would be on deathrow.

Brother, i'm with you on this one.

I was joking around last night and said, next excuse they'll come up with, would be that the reason of The avengers succes is the TDKR trailer..

And sure enough...not even an hour later, some of those sad, sad people started a thread on IMDB stating EXACTLY that:doh:

I gues if being a dumb mothertruckers is a crime, these fools would be on deathrow.

To both of you...word :word:

why would potter and nolan fans be pissed though? that is equally dumb. those films did great and got multiple sequels.

i can't quite understand it. i swear i'm trying.

tdk was a pretty substantive movie which doesn't get measured by bo numbers for example

Why do you even care about other people's reasons for watching the film? People do what they want. The fact that it bothers you to this extent strikes me as bizarre.

I don't agree with the question, but I agree that he has the right to ask the question...

:D

Um...people like me watch movies multiple times because we like them.

Marvel films fanship is less organized & less fanatic than DC movie fans or the so called "Nolanites" (which I believe is a misnomer since these people won't stick with Nolan if he's hired by Marvel)

If you want fanaticism, look no further than among them.

Oh, OP, you must come from a more evolved board where such a thing as encouraging people to see movies and bragging about bo records are a thing of the past. Our geeky primitive ways must astonish you...

All in good humor :)

The thing is, Batman fans were always the most rabid in comicdom. Since Nolan came along they've turned into what amounts to a cult. It's really quite creepy.

Not all of them, obviously, but you can spot a "Nolanite" a mile off.

The thing is, Batman fans were always the most rabid in comicdom. Since Nolan came along they've turned into what amounts to a cult. It's really quite creepy.

Not all of them, obviously, but you can spot a "Nolanite" a mile off.

The funny part is that they actually believe the nolan/bat movie are some kind of higher art movie.:yay:

Of course they do, because they think it makes them more intelligent. The Bat films are not intelligent, not when all the themes and subtexts are hammered over our heads to the point where you'd have to be a simpleton to not understand them. Nothing is left for the audience to figure out for themselves, it's all spelt out for us.

And now we're ridiculing Nolan Batfilm fans... Cap would be so proud ;)

some Nolanites are in denial. they can't believe that this film has succeeded not only as a film but financially. therapy in order i suspect. lighten up and enjoy the ride

Of course they do, because they think it makes them more intelligent. The Bat films are not intelligent, not when all the themes and subtexts are hammered over our heads to the point where you'd have to be a simpleton to not understand them. Nothing is left for the audience to figure out for themselves, it's all spelt out for us.

Other thing: they act as if they're all superior to the other fans, that they don't need to diss other franchises (as we do here in the avengers forum:whatever:), which is an enormous lie. I remember very well how they trolled the spidey forums back in 2008 (one of the most ridiculous threads I've seen here), rubbing TDK success and ''depth'' on spider-man faces...

Heh, people should be used to me doings this by now. I don't think they are bad, at all. I just find the notion that they are really intelligent to be utterly laughable. As is the notion that Batman fans now think they are somehow all arm chair psychologists after watching the films.

Oh please. We are not a bunch of mary sues to keep reading ******** and keep quiet. I love Batman as much if not more than any Nolanite, but I'd never act like this supposed Batman "fans" do. Never. Have you ever seen someone here having an argument with any Harry Potter fan? That doesn't happen because they are a cool bunch, just like us. We love The Avengers, I bet most of us love Batman, but we don't act like a bunch of ****ing weirdos mad at movie for making bank and being loved. The World loves The Avengers, and it seems like the end of the World for a certain rabid faction of a fanbase.

Bravo, I couldn't have said any better, my exact thoughts. I pity Nolan's Batman fans that are completely clueless how much cooler Batman is in comics. I can't wait for Warner to reboot Batman and see what they've - hopefully - learn from Marvel. Give us Batman produced and supervisioned by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm, don't be afraid of the original material, most of all, don't be ashamed of its comic book roots. Future looks bright for movies based out of comics. Hopefully the studios have learn their lesson.

Last edited:
I saw it once but was tempted to see it multiple times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"