Why So Serious? Needs YOU

But he is a big villain of the Bat family and he'd fight right in, IMO.
Ok, we are missing the point of this RPG. Its for Gotham only with occasional guest stars. Not lets bring the whole DC universe and center it in Gotham.

There isn't that many Gotham residents. Sure there are a lot but not many that people want to play.

Ok, we are missing the point of this RPG. Its for Gotham only with occasional guest stars. Not lets bring the whole DC universe and center it in Gotham.
But like Harl said, some characters that would fit well in Gotham can be done, and Deathstroke can be one of them, like the Question and Vigilante.

Yes there are. Enough for everyone to have at least one.
Maybe enough for people who read Gotham Central, but some of us don't really know any other detective/mobster/villain characters besides the ones we know from Batman comics.

Like I meant to say, Deathstroke is very iffy. He's got powers, and is not really a noirish villain. Certainly not one to settle.

There's a little leeway when it comes to characters, but they need to have some ties to the Bat mythology and be a little noirish. There's enough of that in the Batman comics themselves, including detectives and mob bosses etc.

So use ones from Batman comics. Though I did like the idea of making your own character...not sure if it would go down well though.

Do people really understand who lives in Gotham? Cause it is really a huge list, and if we are allowing some to be added, it only makes the list bigger.

Mob Bosses

Villians

Cops

Superheroes

Vigilantees

Big list.

There isn't that many Gotham residents. Sure there are a lot but not many that people want to play.

Really?

Batman
Black Canary
Creeper
Ragman
Jim Gordon
Harvey Bullock
Commissioner Loeb
Flass
Crispus Allen
Renee Montoya
Marcus Driver
Vicki Vale
Alexander Knox
Alfred Pennyworth
Lucius Fox
Harold Allnut
Harvey Dent
Joker
Riddler
Scarecrow
Killer Croc
Poison Ivy
Harley Quinn
Firefly
Mister Freeze

and that's off the top of my head.

I'm talking about the ones who aren't taken and who someone who wants to play in the universe, but doesn't know of the small time characters.

I'm talking about the ones who aren't taken and who someone who wants to play in the universe, but doesn't know of the small time characters.
Not all of those are taken. infact, a small ammount of those are taken.

All they need to do is ask, and either the GMs, or Harl would be happy to help them.

If you didn't know of a character, would you want to play them?

If you didn't know of a character, would you want to play them?

Maybe, maybe not. I like a bit of mystery...but like I said, if anyone is interested in joining the RPG, all they need to do is ask and we'd be happy to give them a list of Gotham residents and their backstory the best we can.

Ok. It just doesn't seem likely that someone would want to play a character they know nothing about. I still think a custom detective in the world of Batman would be interesting.

Ok. It just doesn't seem likely that someone would want to play a character they know nothing about. I still think a custom detective in the world of Batman would be interesting.

I know, Custom characters would be allowed if someone signed up for them.

How can you sign up for them if they aren't allowed...

Read, dude. They'd be allowed if someone signed up for one. So far all signees have been based in the comics and movies. I'd approve them, regardless of what MB said. We need fresh blood.

2. Rules Of Establishment:
  • Welcome To Gotham: Immerse yourself in the roles of the city's most famous, or infamous citizens. Choose anyone you want, bearing in mind they cannot be a customized, non-canonical, or fellow DC character. Assume their traits and personalities as your own, and never overstep their capabilities...
This is on the front page of the OOC thread...

Exactly. So I say screw MB's rules. If the custom character fits the qualites of the RPG, they should be approved.

Why is there a Gotham which is essentially a Batman RPG anyway? Aren't these against the rules? :confused:

But you can only play his characters which makes it a Batman RPG...

Why is there a Gotham which is essentially a Batman RPG anyway? Aren't these against the rules? :confused:

Batman is involved. But it's a Gotham RPG, there's a lot going on that Batman doesn't have a hand in. Namely the Riddler killings. So should I just give Batman up to prove that I'm commited to the RPG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"