Why was Holly Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
boy, i've been away too long.

i come back and holly's banned.

shocking.

Sloth7d said:
The santa claus hat on your dangermouse avatar misleads me.
The eye-patched albino rat celebrates Christmas. I don't. :)

The Riddler said:
boy, i've been away too long.

i come back and holly's banned.

shocking.
Serves you right for being away. Maybe if you had stayed, Holly would probably still be with us. :cmad:

Probably.

Danger Mouse said:
And what gave you the right to speculate my reasons for her banning? What was your motive in telling people that I was being vindictive?

Last time I checked, I still have the right to look at anything I want to. I didn't think it was illegal nor a crime to investigate a banning, especially one that looks suspicious. And upon closer scrutiny, it became unclear to me if your banning was "justified". Therefore, perhaps, in my opinion, it could have been more than just "speculation"; hence, my PM's to those in power who would look at it for me. (you got a copy so it's not like I'm doing something without your knowledge... that would be disrespectful) I realize that I get general rhetoric from most of the mods & admins, but there are a couple who will give it an honest look. Or at least, I trust them to do so.

But you seem awfully defensive for someone who alledgedly feels "justified" in their actions. Of course, that would be mere speculation on my part. :whatever:

And I have no motives in my actions other than making sure that the right thing occured. Maybe you think it's ok to stand on your soapbox and flash that shiney mod badge of yours at anybody who dares cross your path, but I don't.

I love the Hype, and I'm "speculating" that I love it more than you. So it kinda pisses me off to see power-hungry mods try to act like "tough guys", imposing their will upon those of the people, and bringing down the gavel whenever someone has a different opinion than their own. So when I see something bad occuring, even though it always goes for naught, I can't help but bring it to the higher ups attention... because I want freedom of expression and ideas here at the Hype (within Hype rules of course), and not be shunned because what I like is not of the same likes as a moderator.

And if you don't believe that happens here, then you're a lot more naive that I could ever imagine.... or maybe you just like to turn a blind eye to your fellow mods. :whatever:

The quality of modship here at the Hype is at an all time low (in my opinion), and I've seen a lot of mods over the last 6 1/2 years. And looking at that classy retort of yours up there Mr.Mouse, you don't exactly up the ante on that scale.

But who knows, with a little less gloating when making mod decisions and maybe a little more maturity on your part, you might become a decent mod some day. I've been keeping my fingers crossed for a few others (but to no avail unfortunately), but maybe you can be different.

Elijya's the only recent mod whom you can actually see improvement on his mod skills... maybe you can ask him for some tips... and I mean that sincerely. Because otherwise, you'll just end up on a long list of forgotten mods that we used to make fun of... and I'm sure you'd like a better Hype legacy than that.

Have a good night everyone...

Sleep well.... I have to get up in a couple of hours.

:csad:

Personally if someone were to be banned, they should be put through a process. The mod should get together with the other mods and vote on the punishment (not just the judgement of one person). I was banned under a different name once before for posting a picture of a silouette of a baby being breast-fed (my first offense and I didnt even get a warning) *cough morg cough*. The punishments should be a process, not just the death pentalty right off the bat (this reminds me too much of Judge Dredd). Hell, Sudam Husein even went through a trial and hes guilty of genocide!

But, Holly did have it coming I guess. I dont know, all I gotta say is: At least JAL isnt a mod. Could be worse.

This thread is beautiful. Someone Tivo.

Drakon said:
And NOW I gotta chime in. If you* see this kind of stuff, and you don't report it, you lose the right to complain about the staff banning someone for something and not banning someone else for the same thing. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, we can't be everywhere at once. So, by you not reporting this kind of stuff and don't say anything about it to a staffer, there's no way that we can correct a problem we don't know exists.

*"you" in the general sense, not specifically Erz.
Posters like Toven amuse me, offensive jokes amuse me. Where's the line going to be drawn though, oh someone said another Asian joke, called me a jerk, a racist, sexist, blah blah blah. It doesn't bother me. I guess I have a thicker skin here than most but I'm kinda sick of the whole PG rated version of the site.

Posters here have no say. Mods don't go against other mods and you have an owner who doesn't care who gets banned and how as long as people still post.

I logged off last night because I really couldn't find any thread to post in. With a lot of the better posters gone, it's like where's the comraderly.

I understand that some posters are edgier than others but I also think there are way too many crybabies here as well.

And yes I'm quite aware of where the door is, if I'm not happy.

"Out of order, I show you out of order. You don't know what out of order is, Mr. Trask. I'd show you, but I'm too old, I'm too tired, I'm too ****in' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place! Out of order? Who the hell do you think you're talkin' to? I've been around, you know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen. Boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there isn't nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit. There is no prosthetic for that. You think you're merely sending this splendid foot soldier back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs, but I say you are... executin' his soul! And why? Because he's not a Bairdman. Bairdmen. You hurt this boy, you're gonna be Baird bums, the lot of ya. And Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, **** YOU TOO! "

Danger Mouse said:
Or I could've banned her when she called my 5-year-old daughter a prostitute, and that happened AFTER my modship.

Okay, nevermind. She deserved it.

This is utterly ridiculous. Whether or not Danger Mouse's banning of Holly was the result of a personal vendetta or simply because he thought it was the proper response to years of her questionable posts, the fact is that mods do abuse their powers or this issue never would've arised. We have all seen, on multiple occassions, mods banning a user simply because that poster hurt their feelings. Let's face it, we have a handful of mods who are actually fair and good at what they do and the rest just don't give a rats ash or don't even bother with the site anymore. And even the mods who are actually decent won't stand up against the corrupt mods because they can't just go around advertising some of the mods here are power-abusive. Eventually the Hype is going to be nothing more than a group of newbies too afraid to even joke around or speak their minds and a group of power-hungry corrupt mods because the few good posters and mods who've been here through the years are either going to sick of this bull**** or get banned.

You are right this is utterly ridiculous, not for the same reasons as you believe x

Malice, I still :heart: you. :csad:

But even though you're not around anymore, you have to realize that the other mods here (not admins, but mods) are abusive of their power at times. And they don't even care if its obvious. Then one of the few good ones gets demodded. It's like the current mods were just names randomly drawn from a hat. I vote that all mods get de-modded and we leave just the admins in charge. They do more around here anyway. :up:

Darren Daring said:
Tell us, Uncy Malice!

Um no.
Seeing how it everyone thinks the mods sit here with no other purpose than to make your life miserable, its pointless to comment on further.

I will most likely close this thread in an hour as the pointing of fingers and the blah blah blah hereafter is done.

So get your last accusations and finger-pointing in now while you still can!

Malice said:
Um no.
Seeing how it everyone thinks the mods sit here with no other purpose than to make your life miserable, its pointless to comment on further.

I will most likely close this thread in an hour as the pointing of fingers and the blah blah blah hereafter is done.

So get your last accusations and finger-pointing in now while you still can!

I was kinda defending you:(

Also, here's a novel thought: Don't make sexually suggestive remarks about the ruling party's children. It kind of applies to life everywhere.

Darren Daring said:

Ditto. :csad:

I don't think the mods are all horrible. I know they help out more than most of us will ever know, but just like the rest of us, their human and sometimes ruled by emotion more than practicality. Everyone is misunderstanding me. :csad:

Darren Daring said:

And for that thanks!

I just get tired of the fight.
So I don't bother commenting anymore. Had that for a few years...now I quietly do work behind the scenes as you can see up till now.

So enjoy!

Aw, now Malice doesn't like me. :csad:

Look what you did, Brodie! :cmad:

I can understand why Malice will close this thread.

Mainly because nothing will ever become of it. Finger pointing and posters and mods going back and forth but ultimately like someone else said this thread will be closed and it will be business as usual.

If Toven is to be unbanned, it's up to the admins to decide no matter how many people try and stick up for her or stick up for the principle. I really hope they reconsider because she does make posting here fun.

Lastly, I like to say that I do appreciate all the work the Admins and Mods here do. But like X-Chick said, they are only human and can make rash decisions that should be allowed to be questioned by other mods and posters alike.

Blast that Goodhead! Blast her, and Blast Danger Mouse, And Blast his completely chaste daughter:cmad:

Geez, Holly got banned. I don't know what was more surprising this banning or Paladin's. What does it matter, life goes on. She'll be back, unlike Paladin.

Hype lesson #101 - don't piss off the Mod's. Love the Mod's like Jesus loves you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"