WiiU - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's what I call it. I've heard others calling it power sliding.

Hehe, you have played previous Mario Karts right? :p

Yeah, but it's been a long time. This is my first one since Mario Kart DS, and even that one I didn't play a huge amount.

I had over 1000 coins in Club Nintendo, so I decided to pick up MK 64 that was on sale for 250 for a few more days. Heh, it's been a while since I've played it. The drifting is trickier than I remember it being. But at least I have it to play, now. I still think I should find a cheap copy of MK Wii. It's the only one I haven't played or own.

I still love booting up my SNES and playing some Battle with friends. I just need to buy another classic controller for my Wii, so we can play some Battle with MK 64.

Wii U Virtual Console Gets Its First Nintendo DS Game, It’s Brain Age. June 4, 2014 . 12:26am

Brain Age is available in Japan as a freebie for Wii U owners until June 30.

Earlier this year, Nintendo announced that they will bring Nintendo DS titles to the Wii U Virtual Console. Since then, we haven’t heard specific plans, but according to Inside-Games, Nintendo just made Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! available on the Japanese Wii U eShop.

Japanese Wii U owners can now play the popular 2005 (2006 outside Japan) educational Nintendo DS title, Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! using the Wii U GamePad to solve the game’s variety of puzzles such as Sudoku, math, stroop tests, and more.

Each registered account on the Wii U console can have up to four save data files for the game, and it is currently available to download for free until June 30, 2014.

This marks the first Nintendo DS title available for Wii U Virtual Console with more expected to be available in the near future.

and

Nintendo Bringing Persona Q: Shadow Of The Labyrinth To Korea . June 4, 2014 . 1:02am

Just like Shin Megami Tensei IV, Nintendo of Korea will help Atlus by localizing and publishing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth in Korea.

The Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games have an interesting history in Korea. Starting on PlayStation 2, Sony Computer Entertainment Korea localized the games in Korean and released them in South Korea before Atlus USA brought them to the West. This was being done at a time when Korean localized RPGs were relatively uncommon.

Now, Nintendo of Korea is taking the lead with Atlus’ titles. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth will be fully localized into Korean and published by Nintendo just like Shin Megami Tensei IV. The Korean version is slated for release in 2014.
source:Siliconera

as soon as I hear i latter's coming to the west as well, it'll have it's own thread.

Last edited:
Still don't know about DS games on the Wii U. I suppose it'd be cool if we could have the top screen on the TV and bottom screen on the Gamepad, but I'm assuming we'll just have to hold the Gamepad sideways to play.

Nah, I'm sure it'll be TV as top screen and gamepad as bottom. The biggest fear would be resolution, but they did a good job with the GBA games, so I think they'll make it smooth enough.

I'm actually surprised by how well the GBA games look on my 47" TV. Nintendo did a good job with 'em.

Well, to tell you the truth, they look good on my Wii, and that system is non-HD.

I just beat Metroid: Zero Mission about 6 weeks ago, and it looks really good on my TV.

Would it be crazy for Nintendo to release 3DS games on the Wii U? Or let you play your 3DS games on it, like how you could play GBA games on your Gamecube, if you bought that adapter? I mean, as long as it's money in their pocket, what do they care where people play them?

It actually has two screens, so I almost wonder if they had that in the back of their head when they designed it.

A 3DS adapter would be pretty cool, but I don't know how it would work, or if they'd even consider it. The 3DS is doing pretty damn good as is.

I like my 3DS as is, but I don't think it would be that hard to do. The 3DS rarely, if ever, utilizes the bottom screen for anything gameplay related. It just functions as a convenient mini map or some kind of status indicator. Kinda like how the game pad is used for the Wii U.

I've got an N64 and Gamecube, so getting those on VC would be nice, but the only reason I'm pushing for anything on the VC is because of the Gamepad only functionality. I share a TV with three other people, so if I could play Paper Mario or Super Mario Sunshine while other people watch or play other stuff, that'd be rad.

I think the main issue with that idea is resolution. Just having a game natively made blown up on a TV without any work is probably going to look pretty bad. Most reviews of the Vita TV via Japan said that PSP titles played through it looked pretty fuzzy. I'm sure they'd be perfectly playable, but I'm not sure how much you'd want to play them that way.

It actually has two screens, so I almost wonder if they had that in the back of their head when they designed it.

Considering how the design predates the Wii U, I find it doubtful.

Picking up a Wii U tomorrow. I was originally going to get one back in November, but I decided on a PS4 instead. I actually think I posted here then, looking for input. But with the new Mario Kart bundle, I couldn't resist. Especially since Club Nintendo has that offer where you can get a select game free just for purchasing Mario Kart (and the console bundle counts towards the promotion). So, pretty excited. I'm also looking forward to playing Link to the Past again, after getting it on the Virtual Console.

Yeah I'm thinking of doing that too and like you I have a ps4 as well

• the good news

• Shovel Knight Arriving This Month On PC, Wii U, And 3DS

preview
    on Jun 06, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    pc-icon.png
    cafe-icon.png
    3ds_icon.png

Kickstarter success story Shovel Knight finally has a release date, and it's not too far off.
    ... more
  • and the not good news

• Nintendo Lays Off 130 In Europe As Industry Prepares For E3

news
    on Jun 06, 2014 at 09:55 AM

Nintendo has made significant cuts to streamline its European operations.
    ... more
  • source:GI

Last edited:
Blimey what's going on in that picture?

Blimey what's going on in that picture?
lol wow I haven't heard or seen the word Blimey in years . Ok I found the image it looks like peach is using toad as a weapon. she's really mean in this series. Wow. and some one at GI likes showing that.
I had to look through siliconera screenshots to find this image

smash_screenshots_017_thumb.jpg

it was a from and article I posted some time back
The Touching Tale Of Super Smash Bros. at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/14/touching-tale-super-smash-bros/#zSiyMiiH11RPO6xM.99

Yeah, it's been a meme on video game sites. It's pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"