WiiU - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so I read someplace that a leaked list of MK8 compatible amiibo's was floating around. Fox was on that list. Fox DLC would blow my damn mind. I don't foresee them doing anymore DLC after this group.

I'd be ok with Fox, but only if we get the very missed Birdo and Diddy Kong back too. there was an image of those 2 and Egad(dr from Luigi's mansion), weird birdo ish dino, and kamek? floating around on a player guide way back before the game was released :(

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibt...blic/2014/04/15/mariokart81.jpg?itok=IcXKCzpJ

http://cdn.nintendonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/diddy_kong_birdo_kamek_mario_kart_8.jpg

Last edited:
I'd rather have Diddy Kong and leave Fox to his ignored franchise, but I also sure as **** wouldn't complain if we got him.

Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Captain Falcon, Samus, and Fox McCloud are the amiibos that will be compatible with MK8.

I'd rather have Diddy Kong and leave Fox to his ignored franchise, but I also sure as **** wouldn't complain if we got him.

Star Fox is getting a game next year. F-Zero, though...

I'm still confused on what exactly the Amibos are going to do. :hehe:

In MK8 they give your Mii racer costumes based on the characters on that list.

The new trailer for Splatoon with today's Direct was incredible, that jumped up to one of my most anticipated games for next year.

EDIT: Also, the MK8 first DLC pack was confirmed for November 13th.

Last edited:
Sweet, can't wait to play on the 13th!

Anything else worth watching it for?

Hmm, the original Duck Hunt coming to VC, Duck Hunt stage in Wii U Smash, Majora's Mask 3DS, Captain Toad trailer, stuff about Project STEAM, amiibo stuff, indie stuff...think that's about it.

How is Duck hunt going to work? Do you have to shoot with the Wiimote?

How is Duck hunt going to work? Do you have to shoot with the Wiimote?

I guess so, it didn't go into detail. Also, I lied. There was also a bit about Xenoblade Chronicles X and the new Wii U Kirby game, just remembered. And Pikmin animated shorts.

NOTE: This article will be updated periodically as more information and images become available. Also, while this recap will primarily focus on what happens in the North American Direct, we will be covering games and announcements for both NOA and NOE.

It’s strange. We’ve had a number of Directs in the past few months, including two Super Smash Bros. Directs, but we haven’t had a multi-game Direct since E3. Heck, we haven’t had one outside of the conference since February. It’s especially weird since it seemed like Nintendo was having a Direct nearly every month last year.
So, what are we hoping to see this time around? Well, Nintendo has said that it will feature games coming to the 3DS and Wii U this holiday season as well as early next year. In addition, we did get a tweet from Soraya Saga, which generally means that something Monolith Soft related will be appearing, such as a sequel to 2012’s Game of the Year. Could we also see more of a new 3DS strategy game coming from Intelligent Systems? Information on a crossover at least a year and a half in the making? A localization of a game many of us have been hoping for? Let’s see…

The Direct starts with a bang as the long asked for 3D remake of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask was revealed. Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata made his first appearance in a Nintendo Direct to reveal the release window of Spring 2015.

Following this, we got more information on Code Name S.T.E.A.M. This is the steam punk strategy game that was revealed in a closed press event at E3. Four characters were talked about: Henry Fleming, Lion, Tiger Lilly, and Tom Sawyer. The game is slated for a Spring 2015 release.

Ultimate NES Remix was talked about briefly. It will include a special Famicom Remix mode as well as a sped-up version of Super Mario Bros and online leaderboards for every challenge. A Famicom theme will also be available for those that purchase the game either at retail or through the eShop. The 3DS version of the games will be coming to North America on December 5th. The game will release in Europe on Friday.

Next, we move on to a Wii U game, the puzzler Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. A new trailer was made to show off the 0ver 70 stages in the game. The game is scheduled for release in North America on December 5th and in Europe on January 9th (Spain and Portugal will receive the game one week early on January 2nd). Nintendo also took the time to show off how you can pre-order select games on the eShop.

We now go to Super Smash Bros. As the previous Direct last week covered all the details you could ever want to know about the game, Nintendo kept it simple with just amiibo talk. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will release in North America on November 21st and in Europe on November 28th.

Following this is a new trailer for Mario Kart 8 DLC, featuring Link and other upcoming racers and tracks. We were told a while back that new content will be coming to the game, with the free Mercedes-Benz DLC releasing back in August. Today, they announced the first batch of paid DLC, which includes Link and his Zelda-themed car, comes November 13th for $7.99. The next batch will come May 2015. Some amiibos will also be used in game, adding costumes for your Mii.

We then get a new look at Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. This game features a clay-like work as well as multiplayer, were friends can play as waddledees to help Kirby out. The game will be coming in February 2015 and will have amiibo features.

Hyrule Warriors will also have amiibos as well, which will be coming thanks to an upcoming update. Around the same time, gamers can purchase a Twilight Princess add-on for the game.

After this, a trailer for the Duck Hunt Dog in Super Smash Bros. was shown. But this was a ruse as it was really a way to announce that Duck Hunt would be coming to the Wii U Virtual Console.
After this revelation, Nintendo took some time to talk about the indies coming to Nintendo — or Nindies, as they call them. They also invited you to check out their coverage from IndieCade on the Nintendo YouTube channel. Nintendo also focused on a number of ways they’re reaching out to third parties, such as themes for Sonic and Shovel Knight on 3DS, the upcoming Persona 3DS, and a Commander Video trophy in Super Smash Bros.
Following this was a trailer for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, which featured cat characters (I don’t know what they’re called; if you do, feel free to say what they are in the comments below) in Mario and Luigi suits.

Following this was an appearance of Shigeru Miyamoto, talking about a Pikmin animation that he was working on while Pikmin 3 was in development. The shorts are available for $4.99 on 3DS and Wii U. You can also see the sketches he did for the animation in Flipnote Studio as part of the movie. Also, a demo of the game will be coming to the eShop.

Xenoblade Chronicles X was given a new trailer. In addition, we have more details about the game. People have left Earth and are looking for refuge. You will conduct planetary research from your home base of New Los Angeles. The game has been described as “massive” by Mr. Iwata. Xenoblade Chronicles X will release sometime in 2015.

To close the Direct, we were shown a new trailer for Splatoon. This trailer featured a number of enemy octopi that will appear in the single player campaign. Splatoon will release Q2 2015.
Source: Operation Rainfall

There's a poll with in that same article I just posted

Ah yeah, I forgot about Ultimate NES Remix, too. If that were $19.99, I'd pick it up, but not for $29.99.

Here's the trailer for Splatoon. It makes me think of Dreamcast-era Sega, not just the visual style, but the music and the overall style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXg3e_ZTZoI

Wasn't there a thread for splattoon too ? I thought soapy made it. well I'll look & see .

There's not really any point to bumping it, I'm just going to post stuff in here about it.

hmm according to search there is no thread . I don't feel like hunting it down, so it's fine it should have a thread of it's own though if there wasn't one

Mario Kart 8’s First DLC Pack Will Add Mute City From F-Zero, Zelda-Themed Course. November 5, 2014 . 3:25pm

The first DLC pack for Mario Kart 8 will be released on November 13th, Nintendo said today.

[YT]BcL6JYR5eFs[/YT]

The first DLC pack for Mario Kart 8 will be released on November 13th, Nintendo said today. The pack will add new characters, tracks and vehicles to the game, which are highlighted in the trailer above.

Among this new content is the Master Cycle based on The Legend of Zelda. It looks as though a new course based on the Zelda series will be available in the game as well. Meanwhile, Mute City from F-Zero will be one of the new courses, too. The DLC pack will cost $7.99.

[YT]IMUqVHnMawQ[/YT]

Additionally, Nintendo have announced what their Amiibo figurines will do in Mario Kart 8. When players tap a Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Link, Captain Falcon, Fox, Samus or Kirby Amiibo figure on the Wii U GamePad, they’ll receive a Mii racing suit themed to that particular Amiibo character.

Amiibos will begin rolling out on November 21st, alongside Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Read more stories about Mario Kart 8 & Videos & Wii U on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Last edited:
Honestly, at this point, we could probably do with just the Wii U, 3DS, Smash, and Zelda thread at this point. They are the only ones that get any real traffic, others just flander.

Xenoblade looks epic:

ckmprm.gif

xx11_by_onilink888-d85edx5.gif

Wait a second, they're doing another Rainbow Road? There's already 2 in this game alone, why did we need another?

Other than that, it looks pretty cool.

Yeah, I think it's a remake of the SNES one. Mute City, Zelda one (Hyrule?), Yoshi Court, Excitebike, new Asiay looking one, and another goddamn Rainbow Road.

These Indie Games Are Headed To Wii U And 3DS In The Near Future. November 5, 2014 . 3:43pm

Nintendo have announced release windows/dates for a bunch of indie games on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in North America.

Nintendo have announced release windows/dates for a bunch of indie games on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in North America. Here’s the full list, according to a press release the publisher sent out this afternoon:

• Runbow from 13AM Games (Wii U) – 2015
  • Chromophore: The Two Brothers Director’s Cut from Ackk Studios LLC (Wii U) – Winter
  • Citizens of Earth from ATLUS (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS) – Winter
  • Nihilumbra from BeautiFun Games (Wii U) – Winter
  • The Swapper from Curve Digital (Wii U) – Nov. 6
  • Thomas Was Alone from Curve Digital (Wii U) – Nov. 25
  • Proun+ from Engine Software (Wii U) – Winter
  • Trine Enchanted Edition from Frozenbyte (Wii U) – Winter
  • Chariot from Frima Studio Inc. (Wii U) – Winter
  • A.N.N.E. from Gamesbymo (Wii U) – Winter
  • Gunman Clive 2 from Hörberg Productions (Wii U) – Winter
  • SteamWorld Heist from Image & Form (Wii U) – Spring 2015
  • Affordable Space Adventures from KnapNok Games (Wii U) – Q1 2015
  • Gone Home from Midnight City (Wii U) – Winter
  • High Strangeness from Midnight City (Wii U) – Winter
  • forma.8 from MixedBag (Wii U) – Winter
  • A World of Keflings from NinjaBee (Wii U) – Nov. 13
  • Tengami from Nyamyam Ltd. (Wii U) – Nov. 13
  • Treasurenauts from Renegade Kid (Nintendo 3DS) – Q1 2015
  • Xeodrifter from Renegade Kid (Nintendo 3DS) – Q4
  • Swords & Soldiers II from Ronimo Games BV (Wii U) – Winter
  • Beatbuddy from THREAKS (Wii U) – Q1 2015
  • Sportsball from TOO DX (Wii U) – Nov. 6
  • 6180 the moon from Turtle Cream (Wii U) – Winter
  • Rive from Two Tribes (Wii U) – 2015

In addition, the company also announced that they are adding a CommanderVideo trophy (above) to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, based on the Bit. Trip character.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Wii U on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Nothing too earth shattering. Still, really looking forward to Xenoblade and Splatoon next year.

Majora's Mask 3DS is earth shattering, well, at least in three days time.

The Excitebike track looks incredibly boring, and I'm not that excited for another Rainbow Road. Everything else looks amazing. That Zelda and F-Zero track look incredible.

The Excitebike track looks incredibly boring, and I'm not that excited for another Rainbow Road. Everything else looks amazing. That Zelda and F-Zero track look incredible.

I agree, i'm not sure how anyone could be excited for a simple oval shaped dirt track with nothing but bumps added to it.

I would really love to see the following tracks return however with a MK8 update...

-Choco Mountain 64
-Koopa Troopa Beach 64
-Bowser Castle 64
-Banshee Boardwalk 64
-Daisy Cruiser GCN
-Dino Dino Jungle GCN
-Wario's Gold Mine Wii
-Maple Tree Way Wii
-Luigi's Mansion DS
-Waluigi Pin Ball DS
-Shy Guy Bazaar 3DS
-Rock Rock Mountain 3DS