WiiU - Part 3

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Thread Manager, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travesty Registered

Yeah, that's actually the biggest misstep and blunder for MK8 as a whole, not just this DLC pack. I can't believe they couldn't have just given us a free DLC update with a real Battle Mode. It's incredibly disappointing.

And for how great MK8, I can never put it as my favorite in the series, and that's all due to Battle Mode. It's a pretty important feature for me. Hell, one of my friends wont even buy the game, because it doesn't have a proper Battle Mode.

2. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Man, that Direct was fantastic. I love everything they showed off. The MP in the new Kirby looks like a ton of fun. Xenoblade Chronicles X though, wow! There's some great **** coming to the Wii U soon.

I do kinda hate the MK8 amiibo functionality. Costumes for the Mii racer? That's it? I don't know what else they could have done, but it would have been cool if there was more, I guess.

3. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Nintendo President Says Nintendo Will Consider Region Free Devices In The Future. November 6, 2014 . 11:24am

“In a sense, the region-lock has existed more for reasons having to do with the seller than the consumers,” Iwata said to investors.
    source: Siliconera

4. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Nintendo To Create More Spin-Off Games To Fill Software Gaps Says Miyamoto. November 6, 2014 . 12:23pm

“We are now making progress to develop a number of games that will become key software for us,” says Miyamoto.

5. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Zelda II “Spiritual Successor” Elliot Quest Is Coming To Wii U In Early 2015. November 7, 2014 . 9:30am

It’s a 2D action-adventure about a guy who has to confront an ancient demon to rid himself of a curse.

6. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

I think to be a "spiritual successor" you have to actually be involved in the series you're succeeding in spirit. I would just call it "inspired by", since this guy had no involvement with Zelda II.

But it looks cool anyway, I've always liked Zelda II, even though it's so different from the group.

7. zenith16 Registered

Nintendo discusses cheaper Amiibo figures, trading cards

(1 day ago)

[​IMG]
    Future iterations of Nintendo's Amiibo figure line will include cards, the company revealed during last week's investor Q&A. Nintendo President Satoru Iwata and longtime designer and producer Shigeru Miyamoto discussed the company's near-field communications initiatives, Miyamoto stressing that Amiibo "can take forms other than figures." Miyamoto offered Amiibo-style cards as an example, hypothesizing a game that would require players to pass "several cards over the NFC reader/writer" in the Wii U Game Pad.

"I cannot discuss any of the details today, but Amiibo has the potential to propose new ways to play card games," Miyamoto said. The designer also brought up Animal Crossing as an example of a brand that could receive Amiibo compatibility in the future. Miyamoto noted that Nintendo plans on launching "smaller and even more affordable Amiibo figures in the future."

The first set of Amiibo figures, available for pre-order now, will launch on November 21 alongside Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. All of the initial Amiibo figures will be compatible with Hyrule Warriors, and Nintendo just confirmed that Amiibo support will arrive in Mario Kart 8 soon.

8. the dmg The Funky Homosapien

Man...Captain Toad, Splatoon, and X have me hyped.

9. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Went ahead and picked up the Mario Kart season pass. It's been awhile since I played, but still looking forward to the new stuff this week, should be good fun. It's part of my buying spree on the eShop to squeeze as much out of the DDP as I can, bought it with Child of Light (which I am enjoying a lot). Next week I'm probably going to get the Hyrule Warriors season pass and Stealth, Inc 2, which will give me another $5 credit. After that I'll work on getting some VC titles I've meant to be getting to, that should net me one last $5 before year's end. May get Shovel Knight, too, but I don't know.

10. zenith16 Registered

Nintendo considering letting third-party games use Amiibos

(20 minutes ago)

[​IMG]
    We're still learning how Nintendo's line of Amiibo figurines will be used for its own games, but future compatibility announcements might not be limited to first-party titles. Nintendo of America Licensing Manager Damon Baker told IGN that the company is looking into ways for third-party developers, including independent developers, to use Amiibos with their games.

Baker said there's a "ton of interest" from third-party studios, adding that "There are some really creative ideas that are coming through and we are working towards some opportunities for next year."

So many integration questions! At least we know what Amiibos will do in Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8, but even beyond future third party support, there's still the question of how the compatibility-confirmed Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mario Party 10 and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse will use Nintendo's line of real-world Smash trophies.
    [Image: Joystiq]​

Via: Joystiq
    source: IGN

11. zenith16 Registered

Also

[​IMG]
    Golden Sun: The Lost Age Headed To Wii U In Europe. November 10, 2014 . 4:31pm

Golden Sun: The Lost Age is headed to the Wii U Virtual Console in Europe this week.

source: GI & Siliconera

#886 zenith16, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  12. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]
    Wii U
    Wii U update 5.3.0 U released, adds Amiibo Settings
    Published 54 mins ago. 0 comments.

source: Gematsu

13. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]
    Wii U
    Third and fourth waves of Amiibo figures revealed
    Published 1 hour ago. 11 comments.

source: Gematsu & GI

14. Travesty Registered

Definitely picking up MM. He looks great!

15. zenith16 Registered

16. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Ike is an amiibo! Sweet. I'm waiting on a Wario one. I might sign up for the loot crate. Have they announced a price for that yet?

17. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

18. Travesty Registered

I'm glad MM doesn't look bad. I'm not a fan of the Amibos with the stick up their butts, so they can stand.

19. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

It doesn't look so bad when it's a clear stand, so I'm glad they went with that starting with wave three instead of the amber one of the first two. Those just look...unfortunate.

20. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Definitely getting the Shulk amiibo.

21. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

I like Shulk's look, though I haven't used him much.

22. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I haven't used him much yet either. I feel like I'm waiting till Wii U smash to try out a lot of the newer characters.

23. Travesty Registered

Shulk is alright. I know a lot of people love him, but I'm not good with him.

24. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

What little I've played with him seemed fine, but I wasn't sure what Mondo art did what. His counter, though, is a beast if you press forward as he does it. Makes the FE groups counters like nothing.

25. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Has this been posted yet? Here's the breakdown of everything that the DLC for MK8 hitting tomorrow will add, including stages and parts:

Pack 1 adds:

Tanooki Mario
    Cat Peach
    Link

B-Dasher
    Blue Falcon
    Tanooki Kart
    Master Bike

Triforce Tires

Hyrule Kite

Triforce Cup:
    Wii Wario's Gold Mine
    SNES Rainbow Road
    Ice Ice Outpost
    Hyrule Circuit

Egg Cup:
    GCN Yoshi Circuit
    Excitebike Arena
    Dragon Driftway
    Mute City

Hyrule Circuit: Coins remodelled/replaced with rupees. Spin bumpers replaced with dungeon switch gems. Deku Baba and Keese enemies. Master Sword boost jump.

Mute City: Entirely anti-gravity. No coins, coins recharged by driving over booster strips.

Excitebike Arena: Randomised ramps and jumps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.