Sequels Will Avengers: Infinity War have Cap, BW, Hawkeye, Iron Man and Thor?

Gu3ree

Sidekick
Reaction score
So with this announcement of the new Marvel movies planned up to 2019, we know Hulk will be in the Avengers movies, but will the others reprise their roles? If not, I'd be disapointed. I can go without Black Widow and Hawkeye, yet straight characters make the team work. Iron Man, well, I don't mind. Definitely Hulk, but that means I still want Captain America and Thor.

I kind of think Civil War won't have much to do with its namesake. Rather than a war between Rogers and Stark about hero rights, it will be a disagreement about how political Avengers specifically are in the world. I imagine there to be a civil war in Wakanda. Rogers or Stark want to intervene, because it's the right thing to do, but the other one disagrees, because it sets a dangerous precedent for the militancy of superheroes. It's one thing to stop an invasion, quite another to take sides in a civil war. Rogers and Stark's feud leads them to fighting against one another. Toward the end of the film it's revealed that Man-Ape is working with AIM/some other organization which means Rogers and Stark can defeat the bad guys. It's just a title. Without SHIELD the Avengers are on their own, and the government, no surprise, doesn't like it. And yes, it's Captain America vs. Iron Man with Black Panther guest starring. There's no need for all the Avengers around. Plus, it's a shared universe. It'll follow into other movies thematically. Maybe Hawkeye dies, and Black Widow goes nuts over it, causing her to quit the team, and others have their own reasons.

Last edited:
@I'm Venom

I think it has something to do with the aftermath of Age of Ultron.

The US government (or governments of the world) want super powered beings reigned in because Ultron and Cap or Stark agrees but the other doesn't - like in the comic but I think the similarities will end there.

I also assume that it is primarily a Cap movie or Marvel would be putting Iron Man in the title - e.g. Captain America vs. Iron Man.

In the end they clear up their differences against a common foe.

I wonder if the movie is an origin story for Black Panther or if that will covered in flashbacks in his own solo movie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"