BvS Will BvS use flashback scenes from MOS? Which scenes would work best?

BatmanVSuperman

Gothopolis
Reaction score
I also wonder if they might attempt adding on to old scenes...or even basing a totally new scene as happening during the events of MOS.

Zod's neck snap on a loop for the first half hour would be glorious. I play it over and over at home. Lol. Just kidding.

Being serious, I'm thinking we'll get scenes of the Metropolis destruction, but with shots of Bruce and other heroes saving people.

Some of you just want Snyder to apologize for MOS.

It doesn't make much sense but I had this vision of a shot with Supes snapping Zod's neck and the camera zooming out showing Bats watching from a hidden spot high in the train station.

It doesn't make much sense but I had this vision of a shot with Supes snapping Zod's neck and the camera zooming out showing Bats watching from a hidden spot high in the train station.

Not to highlight you man but this is the sort of thing which will have people re writing everything that happened in MOS to fit their purpose.

Sounds contrived and convenient. I'd rather they have little to no attempts at retconning previous events.

I didn't really mean it like that.

We've seen Affleck running in the streets and some have speculated that it was during the battle of Metropolis. So I was thinking he could have tracked the fight to see what he could potentially be up against.

I hope Zack Snyder keeps the Man of Steel apologizing to a minimum.

I hope Zack Snyder keeps the Man of Steel apologizing to a minimum.

He doesn't need to apologize at all. No director worth their salt should do it while currently working on the same character and universe.

If in 20 years time he comes out and say's "Yeah maybe I should've done it a bit diffretly in MOS " then fare enough.

Some of you just want Snyder to apologize for MOS.

I loved MOS so I'd rather personally shake Snyder's hand.

Also, I'm thinking Snyder actually enjoys the polarized reaction to MOS. Controversy creates interest. He's an artist and likely craves reaction to his work, both good critiques and bad. The fact MOS had people debating almost every scene would be most artist's dream wish. And to have fans still not only debating after all this time but also being passionate on both sides has gotta feel incredible for him.

Plus, at the end of the day, the phenomenal sales of the MOS Blu-Ray had to thrill him. Lots of folks wanted to own the film, which means it def made an impact.

Last, I predict 99.9% of the haters and 100% of the true fans will line up for BvS. Add in all the newcomers that'll flood the theaters and I'd say it's a fantastic day (decade) to be Zack Snyder.

Also, I'm thinking Snyder actually enjoys the polarized reaction to MOS. Controversy creates interest. He's an artist and likely craves reaction to his work, both good critiques and bad. The fact MOS had people debating almost every scene would be most artist's dream wish. And to have fans still not only debating after all this time but also being passionate on both sides has gotta feel incredible for him.

Plus, at the end of the day, the phenomenal sales of the MOS Blu-Ray had to thrill him. Lots of folks wanted to own the film, which means it def made an impact.

Last, I predict 99.9% of the haters and 100% of the true fans will line up for BvS. Add in all the newcomers that'll flood the theaters and I'd say it's a fantastic day (decade) to be Zack Snyder.

:up::up::up::up::up::up:

Yeah, this. A polarized reaction is usually a much better one than just a 'meh' one. It means that at least people cared and got invested in the experience.

My hope is that the entire movie is a flashback. Hopefully they flashback to a point when a character is having a flashback. A flashback within a flashback. THAT is what I want.

Hey Hapless! I just realized today that Zryson got banned. Long time coming. Or at least it felt lonnnngggggg.

He never rejoined CBR because they upgraded their system to make it virtually impossible to mask IP addresses and troll under his multiple accts. Smart move. if Hype doesn't have the same safeguards he's likely here now interacting under a different name.

And to make this thread related, I got "flashbacks" to the days and nights he endlessly terrorized CBR. Lol

I really don't think they should use ANY flashbacks at all.

He doesn't need to apologize at all. No director worth their salt should do it while currently working on the same character and universe.

If in 20 years time he comes out and say's "Yeah maybe I should've done it a bit diffretly in MOS " then fare enough.
During the making of TF3 Michael Bay apologized for TF2. Ironic how TF3 and TF4 turned out terrible as well.

Snyder & co have nothing to apologise for... a $688m box office film, a film that kick starts a DC universe and a Superman film for a modern era.

What was Kal-El supposed to do in that situation, and his remorse, guilt and inner pain was there in the scream exhaled...

Deal with it people....

Last edited:
No flashbacks. 100% new. No apology necessary, either. Lucas never apologized for the SW prequels. His defenders are legion, and he laughed all the way to the bank...

Last edited:
It'd be extremely predictable at this point (given how fans have been using it for fan-made trailers and manips for months now), but Batman watching the "You Are Not Alone" transmission.

I'm not for flashbacks either. I'd rather all new content. But if they have Bruce Wayne saving people during the Superman/Zod battle, a flashback could be spliced in there perhaps.

Flashbacks were the right thing to do in MoS given how well known the back story is. Maybe ones where Bruce is linking what happened in MoS, but this id a forward story.

I haven't checked previous posts, but I reckon that B v S should start where MOS left off, or shortly before....with the destruction of Metropolis,
and people witnessing Superman's killing of Zod.

I was thinking that a great motivation for Luthor (other than just him being a prick) would be that he loses someone he cares about in the metropolis catastrophe. It would be good to see Luthor's take on that.

So flashbacks, yes if appropriate to provide motivation for some of the characters.

The main logos appear. A voice over begins, with Faora standing in front of a lecturn.

"I knew General Zod. I was his friend. And it will be a very long time before someone... inspires us the way he did. I believed in General Zod."

My hope is that the entire movie is a flashback. Hopefully they flashback to a point when a character is having a flashback. A flashback within a flashback. THAT is what I want.

tumblr_inline_n9dy1fPRVd1r7qi67.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"