Will he remain MIA against Jihad?

Discussion in 'Captain America: The First Avenger' started by Venom'sDad, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

Captain America Returns Big Hollywood article by Bosch Fawstin. Interesing take I thought needed posted.

Sorry... Mods, I ment to put this in the non-spoilers. My bad... please move to non-spoilers.

#1 Venom'sDad, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  2. Drakon I got a rock.

3. Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

Thanks Drakon.

I guess my question is, should the film follow what is now considered America's and Western Civilization biggest threat?

4. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

I think the movie will cover caps origin but thesequels might like the marvel knights cap did following 9-11

5. Squidboy Registered

It works for Iron Man, only because that movie's set in the present, but since I understand that Cap will take place during WWII, there's no reason to force current politics into this movie. They could make very brief mention to the Ten Rings being part of the Nazi regime, to give a greater sense of what the Marvel Movie Universe might have to face some day, but other than that, I'm hoping Cap will play it true to the original stories

6. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I hope so. I have no interest in seeing Cap face villains who aren't in the comics.

7. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

He shouldn't be completely. But I wouldn't want him dealing with the issue in the way the author of that article is describing. "Jihadists getting what;s coming to them with no apology and full fury..." that's not Cap. He's not some unforgiving vengeful war god who smites America's enemies. He's not that guy. He's the guy who fights for what's right, who never goes soft to the point of risking defeat, but never forgets that bad people are still people. So, I think he should deal with the threat of Islamic terrorists, as he deals with all threats to American and international security. I don't think he should get so blinded by hatred and vengeance that he fools himself into thinking that islamic terrorist are the only threat to American and international security.