World Will humans ever become like Kryptonians?

The Joker_1000

Superhero
Reaction score
I believe that we do have the potential to become like Kryptonians. However, this could only happen if people would stop doing the wrong thing & would focus more on making a healthier society & trying to find ways to better the Earth. I'd love it if we had a more advanced society & we were more peaceful beings. Then, we could focus more on real problems like how we can help fix up the planet rather than who might be killed next or what place may be robbed next.

So we let the planet or sun blow up because we live in the land of denial? ;)

Seriously you do have nice sentiments. :)

Angeloz

I take it that by being like Kryptonians you mean having a fair and just utopian society beyond such pursuits as greed and selfishness?

It's possible, but really comes down to the speech at the end of Superman IV. ;)

dam that's deep. I wonder the same thing sometimes. I know it's sad to say, but I truly believe that utopia will never be achived on this planet.

I have a Villian on CoV and his back story involves this topic. Basically he's po'd becuase he can't understand why people (govt's and such) don't wok on more things like ending world hunger and finding cures, something anything to better mankind instead of wiping it out (weapons of mass destruction, wars over religion). He uses his powers to right what he thinks is wrong.

Kinda bizzare but I pretty much have the same attitude (hence I put it into my character).

I would like to beleive what Jor-El says about humans...but I look around at this world we live in and I just don't see it.

...It's not the world that's f'd up...it's the people in it!

nope, and i'd rather not see it that way...

there are too many conflicting views on what is right for such a land to exist.

everyone is ultimately just out for themselves.

I believe that we do have the potential to become like Kryptonians. However, this could only happen if people would stop doing the wrong thing & would focus more on making a healthier society & trying to find ways to better the Earth. I'd love it if we had a more advanced society & we were more peaceful beings. Then, we could focus more on real problems like how we can help fix up the planet rather than who might be killed next or what place may be robbed next.

You have to remeber that Kryptonians became a cold and harsh race for the most part. It also had it's fair share of wars. In fact the amount of wars that race had left Krypton very barron and bare planet. A shell of what the planet used to be.

So no I think the human race can do better :o

So we let the planet or sun blow up because we live in the land of denial? ;)

Seriously you do have nice sentiments. :)

Angeloz

way humans are we probably blow up the planet first :oldrazz:

way humans are we probably blow up the planet first :oldrazz:

Black Zero kinda did that on Krypton anyway....

Human and Kryptons are not that different when it comes to war or hurting the planet they inhabbit.

Krypton? Dude, and entire planet torn apart by war over the ethics of their sciences! Like how people protest stem cell research and the like now. Cuz remember on Krypton they were fighting for clone rights which is a related issue to stem cell research here.

Krypton? Dude, and entire planet torn apart by war over the ethics of their sciences! Like how people protest stem cell research and the like now. Cuz remember on Krypton they were fighting for clone rights which is a related issue to stem cell research here.

Yeah that's what I said they are just as bad as us if not worse!

I'm not against science in any shape or form but Krypton is a fictional extreme of what can happen if the religious right who's against stem cell research, oppose a woman's right to choose if she has a baby or not etc. take their cause to it's logical end. There are already bombings at fertility clinics, planned parenthood and abortion clinics. Whatever your beliefs are imposing them on another person's freedom of choice does cross that theoretical line that Black Zero did.

I don't believe in all that end of the world garbage but if it happens, it happens. I don't know if we'll ever have super-powers (I feel that it's all up to God) but I would love to see how we evolve over a long period of time. I'm pretty sure that we may soon become an even smarter race & the sooner people become less petty, the better the planet will be. The government needs to attack the main source of crime: poverty. If that were to be done then we'd have a lot less criminals as if someone is in poverty they'll always feel the need to steal what they want. I'm not sure but my gut feeling tells me that as soon as that S.O.B Bush is out of office the U.S will start to become a better place than it currently is.

Dude you might want to read Olaf Stapledon's Last and First Men. It's pretty heavy going but it's like an evolutionary future history of mankind. If you can get through it it's really good.

With regard to your point about poverty, I don't know what it's like over there, but here in the UK poverty is more often the excuse than the cause. Middle class people actually turn to poverty, for want of a better phrase, as a way of never having to face up to the responsibility of making something of their lives. It's quite pathetic, but it's gradually becoming the norm, which is extremely worrying.

In my opinion, the solution to the increasing problem of street crime is not to try to eliminate poverty, although this is something we should be doing anyway. Most crime is not caused by a need to obtain food or sustanance any more. Most crime is caused by gangs of kids who would rather terrorize people than get a job. So the solution to me would be public humiliation. Prison isn't a deterrrant any more; these people wear a stretch inside like a badge of honour. You would get the same thing from Tony Blair's ASBO orange jumpsuit street cleaning thing. What we need is to make crime not be cool any more. And that's the real challenge.

(Sorry for the soap box moment there! It's just that this is something I tend to get quite passionate about).

Dude you might want to read Olaf Stapledon's Last and First Men. It's pretty heavy going but it's like an evolutionary future history of mankind. If you can get through it it's really good.

With regard to your point about poverty, I don't know what it's like over there, but here in the UK poverty is more often the excuse than the cause. Middle class people actually turn to poverty, for want of a better phrase, as a way of never having to face up to the responsibility of making something of their lives. It's quite pathetic, but it's gradually becoming the norm, which is extremely worrying.

In my opinion, the solution to the increasing problem of street crime is not to try to eliminate poverty, although this is something we should be doing anyway. Most crime is not caused by a need to obtain food or sustanance any more. Most crime is caused by gangs of kids who would rather terrorize people than get a job. So the solution to me would be public humiliation. Prison isn't a deterrrant any more; these people wear a stretch inside like a badge of honour. You would get the same thing from Tony Blair's ASBO orange jumpsuit street cleaning thing. What we need is to make crime not be cool any more. And that's the real challenge.

(Sorry for the soap box moment there! It's just that this is something I tend to get quite passionate about).

You are forgiven. Yes the real issue is to stop those you would turn to crime stop before it becomes too late. Making it not cool is the first step. Giving them better goals in life would help but the UK makes it too easy to sit on your butt and get benefits.

There are many problems with the world & poverty is just one of them.

:up: Excellent post. Unfortunately, it's much the same on this side of the pond.

Honestly, I have some idea of how I might be taken out the game but before that, I want to actually change the world. I want to take people off the streets & get them to do something with their lives. I want to get people to be more focused on being positive instead of being asses while in school.

We could become like Krypton.A noble planet,but then it becomes corrupt..and a scientist sends out his son to another planet before the planet explodes...it's actually sort of scary..how similar things could be.

Humankind will never cease to prefer the bad over the good, as it has never had.

That said, Kryptonians showed they can be as stupid as humans. Which is quite an achievement.

Humans have the potential to be smarter & if many problems were actually attacked & dealt with by the president such as poverty, we'd be able to make many more advances in the field of science & such. Heck, we might even be able to come up with more cures for diseases. Overall, the more money that isn't used putting criminals behind bars, the better. We need less criminals & we need to try to get rid of people living in poverty.

Well superman only has super powers because of the way our planet and sun are. Allegedly.

So I guess if we met aliens who lived on a planet with a hundred times less gravity we could lord it over them with our amazing strength and ability to leap continents in a single bound. Sounds fun. Lets find that planet soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"