Spies In Disguise

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
991_013_lawa_4k_universalcolor_promoalt-3.jpg

Blue Sky Lays Out Mission for ‘Spies in Disguise’

Connecticut-based Blue Sky Studios were in Annecy this week to introduce the world to their new feature film, the Will Smith and Tom Holland-led animated feature “Spies in Disguise.”

The 3D animated feature will follow super spy Lance Sterling (Smith) and scientist Walter Beckett (Holland), two characters that couldn’t be more different. While Lance is smooth, suave and debonair, Walter is… not. But, when the two work together, they become two halves of a better whole.

What Walter lacks in social graces, he more than makes up for in intellect and creativity. He provides Lance with amazing gadgets he uses on his many globetrotting missions. And while Lance handles the espionage with class and grace, he is not much of a people person. There are also some very important pigeons.

A good portion of the film will take place in a stylized version of Washington D.C. The creators talked the audience through the design decisions made by their team, and explained that the idea was to go for the ‘60s spy movie look but set in a modern context. For research, the filmmakers visited D.C., and were especially inspired by the International Spy Museum.

“We were geeking out over the Bond collection,” said Knapp. “It’s not historically accurate but they have so many props in this place!”

Additional drawings were shown detailing the agency, its meeting rooms and high-tech halls, Lance’s sparse apartment and Walter’s disheveled home, which he inherited from his grandma and rather than redecorate, has just piled his things on top of her eclectic collection of old furniture and knick-knacks. Each was overflowing with tech that would make Q blush, but for the most part still based in reality.

Ben Mendelsohn, Karen Gillan, Rashida Jones, DJ Khaled and Masi Oka Join Voice Cast Of Fox Animation ‘Spies In Disguise’

Ben Mendelsohn (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), Karen Gillan (Doctor Who), Rashida Jones (Parks And Recreation), DJ and music producer DJ Khaled and Masi Oka (Hawaii Five-0) have joined Will Smith and Tom Holland in the voice cast of Fox Animation Spies In Disguise. Directed by Epic animator Nick Bruno and Ferdinand storyboard artist Troy Quane. Release is set for Sep 2019.

Goddamn do their respective actors look just like themselves.

That probably would've been hilarious but they're more than likely doing **** that would cost millions to do stunt wise.

Yea tbh I'd rather this was just live-action. Especially since they just make the characters look like Will Smith and Tom Holland anyway.

The concept/storyboard artists wanted to recreate a 60's spy movie aesthetic set in Washington DC.

Also from the original Variety article:

The entire film was drawn just off-center. The buildings, the spies and their gadgets each has a unique-to-them tilt, highlighted with polygonal shapes intended to give the impression of stealth. All except for Walter and his pigeon friends that is. They were drawn slightly slouched and rounder than their secret agent counterparts.

I think these artistic choices are not entirely conducive for a live action movie. Also like terry78 said, a live action adaptation wouldn't deliver the wacky stunts the filmmakers want to display.

Call this a wild stab in the dark, but I bet Mendelsohn is the villain.
He's probably the head of the organization. How many movies are there with the head of the organization or one of the higher ups is actually 'the' or 'a' villain? NONE. None I tell you, NONE.*

Audi love to advertise with movies that carry the name Tom Holland on their posters.

*Sarcasm emoticon will not be included, I want to make it look authentic

Audi love to advertise with movies that carry the name Tom Holland on their posters.

audi-rsq-i-robot-1.jpg

Maybe you know this already but in any case, the new car is actually a follow-up to the Audi RSQ that Will Smith drove in 'I, Robot'.

I need Holland in a tight catsuit for science. :o Or Will... Science ain't picky.

tumblr_mq4vryZyki1rkyz0ro1_500.gif

audi-rsq-i-robot-1.jpg

Maybe you know this already but in any case, the new car is actually a follow-up to the Audi RSQ that Will Smith drove in 'I, Robot'.
I did not pay attention to his car brand in that movie.
Bravo, bravo I say.

I admit I laughed at that. The premise is actually much more clever than I thought. I assumed it was just gonna be them teaming up.

That ending caught me by surprised. Very curious about this.

So he's like slightly more mad scientist Peter Parker. Tony Stark's influence rubbing off.

Ok so the suave black male lead has to be a pigeon for the whole movie (at least based on what this preview shows us)?

That may not sit well with some folks.

Yeah, somebody mentioned that on the comments, lol. I kinda get that and it's similar to Princess and the Frog where she was an animal most of the film. It is kinda iffy but it's also a jab at the characters Smith has played over the years kinda being subverted by having him out of his element.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"