Superman Returns Will SR rock or suck???

Cinemaman said:
Ok, I think you should to say your opinion on what will be.

Bad:

The script.

Because of one guys opinion at Aint it Cool News? What's to say that he wasn't agitated because Harry had nagged him earlier about not getting his truck of Chocodiles?

From the evidence so far I think it will be great, but then again we won't know until 6/30. But Singer didn't dissapoint with X1 and X2.

This thread is useless... SR will ROCK like nothing else.. That trailer is just pure magic!!! The effects are just awesome!!! But if people are truely only seeing that, than they dont see the beauty of this perfect trailer!!

ROCK! This movie is going to rock so hard! :up: The plane sequence looks awesome.

I will definitely be seeing the movie, but I have some big fears. I know I will love the effects, I think I'll even like Routh as Supes.

But after seeing the trailer, I wish it wasn't such a "sequel" to Donner's films. SOme scenes it looks like Spacey is doing his best Gene Hackman impression, which IMO is NOT good. I hope we don't get the same Luthor as Donner's films. But seeing as how it's a direct sequel and not a revamp, I'm worried. Also, couldn't we get a stronger villian...? Luthor AND someone else...?

I actully think lex from returns looks clownish. I hope he's a lot more level headed in the film and not as joker-ish. My favorite lex is the one from STAS, a seriously bad man who's always thinking of ways to kill superman rather than get land or something like that, explaining his plans to everybody in that villian monologue they always do. What do you want to watch tonight lex?

B00005BH29.01._PE65_.Bring-It-On-Special-Edition._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Wesyeed said:
I actully think lex from returns looks clownish. I hope he's a lot more level headed in the film and not as joker-ish. My favorite lex is the one from STAS, a seriously bad man who's always thinking of ways to kill superman rather than get land or something like that, explaining his plans to everybody in that villian monologue they always do. What do you want to watch tonight lex?

B00005BH29.01._PE65_.Bring-It-On-Special-Edition._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

What's wrong with saying "bring it on"? Why must everything be completely serious? We're talking about a dude in tights flying around, what's wrong with a little over the top dialogue?

I guess "just bring it, jabroni" would have been cool but The Rock kinda took that first.

Is that Kirsten Dunst in that "Bring it on" pic?

Cinemaman said:
Ok, I think you should to say your opinion on what will be.

Good:

1) Cast.

2) Vissual effects and CGI.

3) The suit.

Bad:

The script.

Unknown:

1) Box office numbers.

2) Critic's reviews.

But I want to know, do you believe such movie as SR can have bad script?

I hope people will change their opinion about this movie after they will see SR full trailer.

What will be with SR?

I want to know your suppositions. Will usual people love it or not?
How would you know that the script is bad?

Rockage factor will be bigger than teh suckage element IMO.

Kane said:
If he is what the AICN report said he would be.... then I dont see him surviving in the end (especially given how Superman is rumored to be mortally wounded by Lex)....

I think someone will be sacrificed for another...
ya, the words of mouth will kill it if that's true.

hulkamania85 said:
What's wrong with saying "bring it on"? Why must everything be completely serious? We're talking about a dude in tights flying around, what's wrong with a little over the top dialogue?

I guess "just bring it, jabroni" would have been cool but The Rock kinda took that first.

What's wrong with bring it on? I don't know. Why must everything be completely un-serious? He wears tights and flies around, not do stand-up. A little over the top dialogue makes me think it's all just a cheesy b-movie. That's what's wrong with that.

People love POTC2 full trailer, but hate SR trailer. Why? Because they think if it is POTC's it will be cool. If it is SUperman's it will be crap. The want SR to suck. I don't get it! Why they are so? Why they can't understand that SR can be great???

It will be a medium quality of a film i believe. I was dissapointed by BB as i had huge expectations. With this one, in the last three days, the expectations went crashing down. Shure the trailer was cool, but it brought more worries than excitement. Im really bummed out that Luthor does not have Lexcorp and im pretty shure Singer, if he does do the sequel, wont bring that aspect in either. I hate the fact he has to wear wigs again, i mean what is he, master of disguise? Next thing you know, he'll have a moustache and a afro...

Another issue that pops into mind is the lack of intensity (action). I for one find Singer to be quite low key in going for big exciting action scenes. This reminds me of X2 a little bit, as in there's only 2 big action scenes. The rest were mere fill-ins.

Shure there's the big plane scene, but CGI never really struck me as a fun action factor. Im quite worried this plane scene will be similar to the Die Another Day one. The overused explosions, everything being caotic etc. Its a really uneasy scene to watch with a bad flow to it as well. I hope SR will prove me wrong for its case.

There are also other aspects i could touch on but i'll keep that for later, im not much of a chatter right now.

millennium movies said:
It will be a medium quality of a film i believe. I was dissapointed by BB as i had huge expectations. With this one, in the last three days, the expectations went crashing down. Shure the trailer was cool, but it brought more worries than excitement. Im really bummed out that Luthor does not have Lexcorp and im pretty shure Singer, if he does do the sequel, wont bring that aspect in either. I hate the fact he has to wear wigs again, i mean what is he, master of disguise? Next thing you know, he'll have a moustache and a afro...

Another issue that pops into mind is the lack of intensity (action). I for one find Singer to be quite low key in going for big exciting action scenes. This reminds me of X2 a little bit, as in there's only 2 big action scenes. The rest were mere fill-ins.

Shure there's the big plane scene, but CGI never really struck me as a fun action factor. Im quite worried this plane scene will be similar to the Die Another Day one. The overused explosions, everything being caotic etc. Its a really uneasy scene to watch with a bad flow to it as well. I hope SR will prove me wrong for its case.

There are also other aspects i could touch on but i'll keep that for later, im not much of a chatter right now.

Moriarty read only script draft, not final script. It was confirmed. And real script has: plane sequence (it will be really exciting), earthquakes, new Krypton, a bank robbery and ocean sequence. 5 action sequences, not only 2.

So if POTC2 and SR full trailer are both attached to MI3, it will be bad for SR. Why?

Because most people wills say "POTC2 was better than it. SR is ok, not great, but ok".

ok,well,I'm gonna wait for POTC2 on dvd,and I'm seeing S.R. on the big screen.I'm not as excited for potc2 as I am S.R.,but each to their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"