Will TDK beat IM's opening weekend?

I love analyzing the box office, so this question is rather interesting.

In my opinion, Iron Man doesn't stand a chance. I wholly expect TDK to tally $120+ million on its opening weekend at minimum, and I also expect that it will become one of the highest grossing films of all time domestically, i.e: in between Spider-Man and Dead Man's Chest, although it could fall a bit short of $400 million depending on certain factors.

Of course, these numbers of mine are only really a result of everybody saying the film "lives up to the hype and then some". At the end of the day, you need a truly great film to live up to the hype of its opening weekend. Spider-Man 3 wasn't able to to do that, because in terms of legs in correlation with its opening weekend of $151 million, it should have crossed $400 million without breaking a sweat, but the film wasn't deemed that good so it fell considerably short.

I'm not sure about the international market for TDK at this moment. I don't see why it couldn't make $350 million or so overseas.

locally for me the IMAX midnite show on thurs. is sold out and the companion midnight show in Theatre 1 is 70% sold. normally midnight shows are only 1 screen. IMAX and a regular screen are being done for TDK.

Yes, TDK will handily beat Shellhead's opening B.O.'s numbers. It's its longevity that I'm more concerned with.

It's dark & serious subtext worries me just a little; I'm rooting for it though...

I'm really not sure about this, some people are predicting 150m+ which I think is a strech, & on one hand everybody is talking about it & hyping it up but on the other hand Batman Begins only made 50m on its weekend & didn't even beat '89's Box Office total (without inflation) so its kinda hard for me to believe it will make 130/150m but I do think it will make somewhere between 80-100m on the weekend.

It's going to beat iron man's opening,but only because it's a sequel to a popular movie, i can't wait too see it!

It's going to beat iron man's opening,but only because it's a sequel to a popular movie, i can't wait too see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"