Will The Deadpool Films Be integrated Into the MCU?

Marvel united

Mutant and proud
Reaction score
I'm sure most people can agree that the Deadpool movies are gems to the modern CBM genre. And I'm sure almost everyone can agree that Ryan Reynolds is to Deadpool what Robert Downey is to Iron Man. And he's only loosely connected to the Fox X-Men movies.. The nature of Deadpool's fourth wall breaking allows the transition to easily be explained away with a joke. So the question becomes, what happens to Deadpool after the Fox merger is finalized?

We heard last year that Disney wants integrate Deadpool into the MCU and that Bob Iger sees "an opportunity" to continue R-Rated Deadpool movies. What does this mean for Reynolds' Deadpool? Will he be making the cut? And if so, what about his cast of supporting characters i.e Colossus, Domino, Juggernaut and Cable. What about X-Force? Does that proceed as planned or does it get retooled to fit the MCU or does it get cancelled altogether.

Will Feige have creative control over Deadpool?

My guess is Feige will bring Reynold's Deadpool and his supporting cast into the MCU mostly as is, with Colossus possibly left behind for the rebooted X-Men franchise. Mr. Pool is an unreliable narrator, so he is an easy fit into the existing continuity. X-Force likely gets rejiggered to fit into the MCU, and I wouldn't be shocked if the character makes a cameo in an Avengers 4 post credit scene.

My guess is Feige will bring Reynold's Deadpool and his supporting cast into the MCU mostly as is, with Colossus possibly left behind for the rebooted X-Men franchise. Mr. Pool is an unreliable narrator, so he is an easy fit into the existing continuity. X-Force likely gets rejiggered to fit into the MCU, and I wouldn't be shocked if the character makes a cameo in an Avengers 4 post credit scene.
Imagine the post credits of A4. Deadpool walking into frame with Mickey Mouse ears talking about how the Fox properties are now owned by Disney. Could be a meta way of explaining to the audience what's in store for the future of the MCU

My thought was to have Wade show up at Avengers headquarters to apply for one of the open slots. Wearing a suit over his costume, carrying a blood stained resume and referring to the layoffs over at Fox.

As much as i would want it i can't see it. Feige has built the mcu to be a family friendly brand that parents know what they are going to see and what they are going to get. They don't have to be worried about their children watching the films. You bring deadpool in that means that his other films will be considered mcu and might damage that trust. Think they will play it safe unfortunately.

Idk
I am 110% certain that "Once Upon a Deadpool" is Reynolds way of saying "Hey Disney! See? I can play nice! It's even still funny in PG-13, if need be!!"
Took him all those years to get DP off the ground, no way he gives it up without a fight

Plus, as fans of the books said before DP1 ever came out, his comics were never R-rated...there's blood and violence, just no swearing or boobs

And Feige is Feige, we know they'll find a good way to integrate him, so I vote yes. He may be kept off to the side a bit, I don't see 4th wall breaks in an Avengers movie, but they'll find a way.

is this just the thread to ask which scrapped joke in DP2 was too risque for Disney?

Well Iger did say X-Men, Fantastic Four and DP would be integrated into the MCU.

I rewatched DP2, it looked more MCU/Comic-ish than a lot of the Foxverse movies.

Well, here are my thoughts:

1) Yeah, Reynolds as Deadpool is awesome, and the same way you compared him to Downey, I think he can be compared to Jackman as well. So as iconic as he is as the character like Downey is, he's also not irreplaceable like Jackman.
2) With that said, I don't mind Reynolds jumping to the MCU at all. I'd actually like that. However, if that happens, I'd rather see a fresh start. Which means rebooting. Deadpool is a character that allows them to keep Reynolds, reboot the franchise in the MCU, make jokes about it, and people would love and buy all the mess.
3) I'd like to see them keeping other actors as well, especially Zazie (although I don't see it happening), but it has to be rebooted anyway, IMO. In the Deadpool franchise the X-Men already exists and they're played by McAvoy, Hoult, Shipp, Sheridan, Peters and Turner... And I don't want any of that. Deadpool is super cool and all, but the X-Men should be the priority now. And they need and deserve a fresh start.

3) I'd like to see them keeping other actors as well, especially Zazie (although I don't see it happening), but it has to be rebooted anyway, IMO. In the Deadpool franchise the X-Men already exists and they're played by McAvoy, Hoult, Shipp, Sheridan, Peters and Turner... And I don't want any of that. Deadpool is super cool and all, but the X-Men should be the priority now. And they need and deserve a fresh start.

Wade Wilson had no interactions with the Fox First Class crew in his two films, and I don't see why a post credit scene would force a reboot. Deadpool is a 4th wall breaker and an unreliable narrator, so the Marvel Studios crew can take what they want from the current series and leave behind what they don't. Mr. Wilson can waive away the inconsistencies in a talk to the audience. They may want Colossus for X-Men proper, but I don't see any reason why they would have to reboot Deadpool.

I'm gonna say no. The tone is just all off. Deadpool 3 will still happen but it won't be in the MCU. Deadpool will end up in the MCU. And they'll probably still get Reynolds for the role but the Deadpool trilogy won't be MCU canon. But Deadpool will probably joke about being in a reboot from Disney maybe in a post credit scene for Deadpool 3 they'll reveal it was in the MCU but I just don't see the current films being MCU canon.

I think one thing is keeping Reynolds and bringing him to the MCU as Deadpool. Another thing is integrating the two Deadpool movies in the MCU and everything that comes with it. Deadpool is a forth wall breaker, yes, and for that he can "get a pass" for whatever incosistency that comes up with him. But that franchise has connections to the FOX universe, where Colossus and the X-Men already exist, and I feel that Marvel will want to stay away from that.

I really don't see the franchise as that irreplaceable to the point of Marvel including it with everything that comes with it. Marvel have their own way to do things. I just don't see it happening.

I honestly don't care. I love the MCU and the DP franchise, but I don't care what happens. I expect crossovers and cameos, but whether it's the same universe is irrelevant to me because of the "rules" that DP operates by..

Reynolds will still be playing DP whatever is decided.

If they want to reboot Deadpool's continuity and make him relatively more family friendly for the MCU, they should use Siryn.

Ryan Reynolds will play Deadpool in the MCU I think. I think as far as the continuity may go is 4th wall breaking stuff or Deadpool being ready to do something hardcore R-rated, but then someone stops him and he gets really mad about it.

Idk
I am 110% certain that "Once Upon a Deadpool" is Reynolds way of saying "Hey Disney! See? I can play nice! It's even still funny in PG-13, if need be!!"
Took him all those years to get DP off the ground, no way he gives it up without a fight

Plus, as fans of the books said before DP1 ever came out, his comics were never R-rated...there's blood and violence, just no swearing or boobs

And Feige is Feige, we know they'll find a good way to integrate him, so I vote yes. He may be kept off to the side a bit, I don't see 4th wall breaks in an Avengers movie, but they'll find a way.
I agree. Would not be surprised if he brought over Colossus as well because he's pretty comic accurate.

Watch the MCU integrating Venom and Deadpool in a way that makes everyone happy, seems difficult now but after all Marvel Studios pulled off, to me it is just a matter if they want to, not ever if they can. True believer here.

Venom won't be integrated and unlike Deadpool, Marvel doesn't own the film rights to that character

I agree. Would not be surprised if he brought over Colossus as well because he's pretty comic accurate.

It's hilarious that Deadpool's Colossus is more true to the comics version than any character in the main X-Men series.

Deadpool will fall under Feige's control, of course, but I don't think that his first two films will be integrated into the MCU. That would be all but impossible given that the Fox series is being rebooted, and it's really unnecessary. There are a lot of creative (and funny) ways to explain how Wade made the jump to the MCU. The writers could simply have him tell the audience himself or turn it into a running gag.

Now wouldn’t it be fun if in Deadpool’s last theatrical release in December before the merger closes they include an alternate ending in which Deadpool accidentally destroys the universe because he damaged the space time continuum by overusing Cable’s time traveling device? But before DP can die he figures out a way to survive(by doing some quick tinkering with the device and turning it into a dimension-traveling one instead) and then he says “ Oh sh*t this universe is dead! Then DP looks directly at the audience and says “ Oh no.. false alarm it’s just the Fox-licensed Marvel universe is dead! But I’m gonna be the only survivor since I’m traveling to the real Marvel Universe! MCU HERE I COME BABY!’’

Then Deadpool remembers” Oh sh*t, half of the universe is dead there since that purple Cable-lookalike snap-killed half of the population. Oh well, better half dead than all dead!”

Last edited:
Hahah
less might be more in that case

just have him say "Huh.. guess I'm Mickey's b***h now"

Reactions: CJ
Not sure about the movie, but 100% Ryan Reynolds will be MCU Deadpool.

Imagine the backlash if Disney cast someone else :funny:

The Fred Savage trailer that directly mentions the MCU makes me think they're going to merge him some how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"