Will the Guardians get shelved in favor of Fantastic Four?

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Darkprime, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Darkprime

Darkprime Well-Known Member

Whether vol 3 does or doesnt happen I think we are nearing the end of the Guardians in the MCU. With the uncertain future surrounding the franchise the F4 couldnt be coming home at a better time.

If Volume 3 doesnt do well then Disney can just shelve them and give F4 the spotlight as the cosmic franchise moving forward.

2. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Well-Known Member

I want this to happen but I'll just say no. What is likely to be shelved in favor of the FF is probably The Eternals but even that is a longshot since that will at least likley be delayed instead of out-right shelved.

Guardians has made way more money than any Fantastic Four film ever --they're a much more successful brand cinematically than the FF ever was so no way Marvel is gong to shelve a third installment in a franchise that made them billions in favor of risking a third relaunch of a failed franchise. Marvel will get to the FF when they're ready and not as a last-minute replacement job.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  3. Shinobi Shaw

Shinobi Shaw The Black King of THC

Looks like it’s gonna happen.

Maybe not for Fantastic Four out right, but GOTG might get shelved until this Gunn mess blows over.

4. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

Vol. 3 will happen in one way or another, I don't think they'd just flat out drop them if James Gunn isn't rehired. Gunn may have put them on the map, but he's not the creator of the Guardians of the Galaxy. They'll still move on without him as needed. That being said, though, they'll most likely put the Guardians on the backburner after Vol. 3 after the whole Gunn drama as well as them having more properties to explore after the Fox merger. Plus, besides Avengers, no individual franchise within the MCU has exceeded beyond a trilogy yet. They'll prioritize other films before a GOTG Vol. 4.

5. Kahran Ramsus

Kahran Ramsus Well-Known Member

No. GotG is a more valuable property with a more proven track record of success than Fantastic Four.

6. Willie Lumpkin

Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

From my personal, selfish perspective, I'd like them to get started on FF as soon as possible. But it seems highly unlikely FF would happen before GOTG 3.

The GOTG3 release date might get pushed back, but they could still easily hire a new director and start filming in spring. And it doesn't look like they'll be able to start doing anything with FF until Spring or summer at the earliest.

7. Silvers24

Silvers24 Butters, The Boy Wonder

If we get sime FF love (no clue what is going on atm since disney got fox)
    Id like to see them build up to where we did in ultimate FF.
    The alternate MCU. You know what I mean.
    With FF can have some fun with alt deminsions nd spinoffs once their main arc is over with infinity wars.

Otherwise, this has nothing to do with the Q at hand. :)

8. Steyin

Steyin Bidding you ADIEU!

You'd be a fool to think Guardians would get shelved.

9. UltimatePyro9

UltimatePyro9 Well-Known Member

Doubt it. GotG was a massive hit. It'll be made with or without Gunn.