Sequels Will the Red Skull Return?

I would love for them to have a twist ending where there’s someone under cap’s nose who was the red skull the whole time. That would be so much fun and would definitely help propel red skull back into the villain hall of fame.

Might have to recast though

Marvel introduce Senator Dell Rusk :cwink:

That would be pretty fun. And they’re always looking for a a new role for the hulk as a sidekick so that could really work

That heart attack Ross talked about? That's when the real Ross died and Schmidt took over.

I want Red Skull back so badly.

Yeah I feel like he’s one of marvels most terrifying and iconic villains but he hasn’t been done well on screen yet and there’s just so much potential.

Plus let’s be honest, no time like the present to remind people Nazis = bad

If I was doing it, I might have a new president as a character, with skull!Ross as a member of his administration. I'd have hints of Ross' secrets and scheming, until the reveal of who he really is.

And more than Schmidt having usurped Ross' body, the big reveal is that he isn't trying to destroy America, or the world, or take over as president. The big reveal is that he's come to find America agreeable, and that he's actually content to just help and nurture the completely American president and his homegrown agenda.

tumblr_may1mp64ME1rstvppo1_1280.png

Said president can be shocked by the revelation... But ultimately decides he can live with skull!Ross as his right hand.

That would be insane.

And insanely interesting

If the Red Skull was to ever come back then a Cap 4 would only make sense at this point

Don't know if to tag or not

But I wonder if they ever use Red Skull again after Infinity War, that they'll keep Ross Marquand. The guy is known for his impressions and was obviously hired for it, and it did seem like he was mimicking Hugo Weaving with a toned down accent... I'd be all for it but actors and directors always go on about [actors] making a character their own and not copying whoever played them before.

And although Marquand did fantastic in bringing back a bit of Weaving's spirit, would he or the Russos, Feige or even Weaving himself be OK with him just impersonating the previous actor the next time he might play Skull?

The same thing goes for the face model. Because it was obviously molded/sculpted from Hugo Weaving's face, and it seemed the same in Infinity War but just plastered on Marquand's face.

Don't know if to tag or not

But I wonder if they ever use Red Skull again after Infinity War, that they'll keep Ross Marquand. The guy is known for his impressions and was obviously hired for it, and it did seem like he was mimicking Hugo Weaving with a toned down accent... I'd be all for it but actors and directors always go on about [actors] making a character their own and not copying whoever played them before.

And although Marquand did fantastic in bringing back a bit of Weaving's spirit, would he or the Russos, Feige or even Weaving himself be OK with him just impersonating the previous actor the next time he might play Skull?

The same thing goes for the face model. Because it was obviously molded/sculpted from Hugo Weaving's face, and it seemed the same in Infinity War but just plastered on Marquand's face.

Weaving does not want to have the remaining commitments he has in legal contract called upon so it's not likely he'd care (past being relieved) if someone else took over Red Skull.

I haven't seen Infinity War. I've heard Red Skull is the keeper of the soul stone, etc.

Do they give an explanation of why he's the keeper? If someone has charged him with it? What is his intention by doing it?

I haven't seen Infinity War. I've heard Red Skull is the keeper of the soul stone, etc.

Do they give an explanation of why he's the keeper? If someone has charged him with it? What is his intention by doing it?

He says that the Tesseract zapped him to the planet the Soul Stone is kept on because he tried to abuse it's power. He says that the Stone is different from the others and has 'wisdom'. While not outright stated, it seems that the Soul Stone probably charged him with guarding it and it also gave him the knowledge on how to obtain the stone which is sacrificing someone you love... which is why the Red Skull can never leave because he loves no one else but himself.

Thoroughly enjoyed his surprise appearance in IW. Didn't see it coming at all.

I'd still like him to make his way back to Earth at some point and play a more significant role in the MCU moving forward. Red Skull is one of Marvel's premier villains and I'd hate to see him wasted. Perhaps Thanos claiming the Soul Stone frees him of his charge?

Also, really enjoyed Marquand in the role, imitation or not.

Red Skull back on Earth yeah he would probably be the biggest threat since Thanos for sure because with him is the return of HYDRA as an organization

He says that the Tesseract zapped him to the planet the Soul Stone is kept on because he tried to abuse it's power. He says that the Stone is different from the others and has 'wisdom'. While not outright stated, it seems that the Soul Stone probably charged him with guarding it and it also gave him the knowledge on how to obtain the stone which is sacrificing someone you love... which is why the Red Skull can never leave because he loves no one else but himself.

Thanks.

Though one wonders why it let Ronan and Malakath off.

It seemed to me like the Red Skull is done being a villain. Not reformed, just done. Trapped on the Soul Stone's desolate hiding place for over half century may have shown Schmidt how insignificant his plans were on a universal scale. But that's all just speculation on my part.

they will need to recast him though. The guy in IW was clearly just a placeholder because Hugo wouldn’t come back

Red Skull being used as he was in IW hints at him being of no future consequence. If Feige wanted to use him again as a major villain, he wouldn't have set the current status in IW and instead kept it open ended.

Yeah. You wouldn't re-cast it with a close-to-no-name, either, if there were plans for Skull going forward. I'd say he's done, unless Hugo's somehow agreed to come back for some substantial future role but didn't want to bother for a single-scene cameo. But that seems unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Civil War was hallow without The Red Skull. Him coming back now wouldn't have the same impact.

You know who would be fun for a red skull when he comes back? Bruno ganz.

Basically he comes back to grandfather the next generation of hate, with a new Reich of ku klux klan members, thugs and neo nazis

I mean, he can’t guard the soul stone forever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"