Sequels Will there be a character's death in part 3?

Hypestyle

Superhero
Reaction score
Coulson died in part 1. Who knows how the stakes will be raised in part 2. But for part 3, the stakes should be raised further. Will this be a hero's final appearance, will they sacrifice themselves or be killed outright? I guess we'll see.

I see Downey as Iron Man retiring the role after part 3. In all likelihood, there will be a near-definitive death, but there will probably be some backdoor plot thread like uploading his consciousness into a computer, or Asgardian science possibly preserving the body.

No doubt will be a death. My bets are on Captain America and then bringing the Winter Soldier in to replace him. Couldn't see Iron Man going since I'm pretty sure he creates Vision from his J.A.R.V.I.S, so he could easily just make himself robot-like. This is just me being hopeful because I don't like change though

Well I say Captain America. Chris Evans only has 2 more contracts left after shooting Avengers 2, so depends on the order of his next projects. If Captain America 3 comes out before Avengers 3 (rumor has it Cap 3 coming out in 2016 right after Ant-Man), then yes, I think there's a good chance we will loose our original Captain during Avengers 3.

Not to mention Winter Soldier has 8 more contracts after Captain America 2, the studio is so preparing him to be the next Captain.

One thing bothers me is that Captain America should be killed AFTER the great crossover event- Marvel's Civil War. However, since SONY/FOX has no intention to let the separated children (spidey/X-men) reuniting with the Marvel family, a civil war movie will not see daylight in any intimidate future. So they're going to kill off Cap (if they are indeed going to) in a very different way.

I hope they kill off at least 3 main heroes. I want the third one to be emotional and dark with an end of the world theme since Thanos is no joke.

I hope they don't kill anyone from the big four.

But characters like Black Widow, Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision and Quicksilver, I wouldn't mind as long as they execute it well. And some members have to go to make room for the new characters in future movies.

I kind of wish to see Iron Man die in this one. Despite the talk of recasting, I'd rather they retire the character completely until an inevitable reboot. I can also see Captain America dying here.

I'm feeling Black Widow here since she'll have been in 1 and 2, along with TWS. I can't see her having much impact against Thanos compared to the likes of Dr Strange, Ms Marvel or Hulk. Doubt Hawkeye since he's got a significant role in the next film so I think he'll be even bigger in the 3rd, I don't know haha
Quicksilver could go, being too cocky against Thanos or something and then gets taken out, and then causes Scarlet to lose whatever sanity she has left perhaps? I dunno that's what I want!

bucky as cap, thor is either dead, gets cloned or recast (anotherone could take the hammer) keep scarlett witch (even i dont really care) i think they could form a whole new team t'ill avengers 4. recast iron man(or get rid of him) have ant/giant-man, the vision, dr. strange, black panther, captain (bucky) america, ms. captain marvel, adam warlock, blackbolt, some from the guardians maybe.

Probs gonna be Cap if anyone, seeing as Chris Evans has said he wants to retire from acting after his Marvel contract is up, Bucky is most likely gonna become the new Cap, I can't say I really blame Chris Evans for wanting to retire, He will be Captain America 3 times in 3 consecutive years by the time we get to Cap 3, he needs a break.

Chris Evans said one thing and people started assuming and speculating by themselves. He is not done with Cap after the end of his contract.

He simply said he will focus on Directing instead of acting.

Avengers movies come once every 3 years and he can easily act once every 3 years for the Avengers only. Im pretty sure he will be in Avengers 4 & 5 with a better contract. Marvel can easily sign him for those two.

Eventually Chris Evans will be too old for the role and will depart but thats not coming soon.

He is not the biatch diva RDJ is.

Im not sure if they will kill Iron Man in Avengers 3 but Marvel is certainly DONE with RDJ after Avengers 3 (unless by some miracle he stops demanding 100-200 mil per movie). Thats opens a possibility for his character demise.They may not kill him but he wont be reprising his role anymore.

He is not the biatch diva RDJ is.

Im not sure if they will kill Iron Man in Avengers 3 but Marvel is certainly DONE with RDJ after Avengers 3 (unless by some miracle he stops demanding 100-200 mil per movie). Thats opens a possibility for his character demise.They may not kill him but he wont be reprising his role anymore.

I thought RDJ asked for a percentage of the profit, not necessarily that much money straight up. If anything wouldn't that indicate that he had a bit more faith than Disney did in the Avengers movie, as he was willing to directly tie his paycheck into how much the final cut made.

Last edited:
If Marvel is going with Thanos, I believe the answer is "most of them and Earth is destroyed."

The only heroes I'd keep alive after the first act are Luke Cage, Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Gamora, Iron Man and Drax. Depending on who gets introduced, I can also see Medusa, Black Panther and Ms Marvel surviving but only because they're new.

Even then, I'd kill off Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Thor and Black Panther at the halfway point, then by the end of the second act, Luke Cage, Medusa and Doctor Strange would bite it with Gamora defecting.

Finally, Captain America and Ms. Marvel would sacrifice themselves during the third act while Thanos would personally kill Hulk leaving Drax as the only survivor left to stop Thanos.

And then I'd have Gamora be secretly working against Thanos, Nebula would kill Gamora for her treason and Drax would be the one to kill Thanos for good in a mutual kill but with his dying wish, he restores everyone else to life using the Infinity Gauntlet.

The stakes would need to be THIS high to handle Thanos correctly. Anything less than an absolute bloodbath is unacceptable. And yes, the Eternals would first appear in Avengers 3 and they'd die right at the beginning just to show how awesome Thanos is. They'd be back after the credits.

if someone is killed, hopefully it's a very dramatic scene, and unexpected.

People : Elderly men and women, little kids - for dramatic effect. Others that are close to the heroes : Cap- Peggy Carter, Hulk- Betty Ross, Iron Man- Pepper or War Machine, Scarlet Witch- Quicksilver. Heroes : Fantastic 4 (if they can be mashed in MCU in FF 2 in 2017).

Not to sound too mean, but I'd really like to see a few characters killed off as quickly as possible so that maybe the introduction of some other lesser known guys might feel the void.

Perfect example of this would be Capt America's current persona, Steve Rogers, gets knocked off and Bucky takes on the mantle in honor of his best pal.

I know asking for Iron Man's head would probably mean an indefinite finish to the characters involvement with future titles, but I'm sure they could figure out how to get Rhodes in a few suits. Actually speaking of Rhodes, I'm not a big fan of the slapstick back and forth comic relief his character plays. That could be said about a lot of these "side show" figures including Hawkeye.

Hopefully Spiderman can restore balance and make the Marvel Cinematic U more recognizable without the fanciness of all the high tech gear, just a guy who swings on some web and can climb walls...not that complicated. Please don't kill Spiderman.

I want them to just stop with the killing a character off per Avengers film. Had enough of it.

I want them to just stop with the killing a character off per Avengers film. Had enough of it.

That's not exactly a large death quota, given the amount of characters who could have been killed at any point in the universe. Coulson and Quicksilver biting the bullet is nothing compared to how many people exist within the realm of the films. Plus, you do get Coulson if you count Agents of SHIELD. I personally don't since I don't watch much, if any, of that show, but he's there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"