Will we see Hillary Clinton's exit strategy by April 2016?

Taarna

Civilian
Reaction score
Will we see Hillary Clinton's exit strategy by April 2016?

If Biden enters the race, or Sanders keeps gaining, I'm going to say yes.

Nope, just like last time, Hillary will press on delusionally until the very end. That said, Hillary has some inherent advantages this time around that she didn't have in 2008, so I would still put her as the overwhelming favorite to win the nomination.

Clinton is the only shot the DNC has and they know it. They also know that shot is sinking faster than the Titanic. This is why they despareately tried to get Biden (who has zero shot and the know it) to run.

So in short, no chance Hillary bows out. The DNC has no one else to run.

Nope, just like last time, Hillary will press on delusionally until the very end. That said, Hillary has some inherent advantages this time around that she didn't have in 2008, so I would still put her as the overwhelming favorite to win the nomination.

Wouldn't her numerous scandals cancel out any advantage she has over her '08 run?

Wouldn't her numerous scandals cancel out any advantage she has over her '08 run?

No. This time around, even if she loses Iowa and New Hampshire, the primary map still favors her heavily thanks to her commanding leads with blacks and her massive amounts of endorsements and money.

Also these supposed "scandals" aren't really a big deal with anyone who would consider voting for her in the first place. They only matter to people who are already vehemently opposed to her so it's a moot point

Plus, don't the Dems and the media have a huge hard on for her? I can't see her going away early.

Plus, don't the Dems and the media have a huge hard on for her? I can't see her going away early.

In Taarna's world, all will bow before the almighty Trump. He doesn't exactly have a very good grasp on reality

Also these supposed "scandals" aren't really a big deal with anyone who would consider voting for her in the first place. They only matter to people who are already vehemently opposed to her so it's a moot point
Her fumbling on scandal recovery is more showing of how terrible a candidate and leader she actually is. Bill had charisma that he used to talk himself out of scandal. Hillary has no charisma and she is zero percent relatable. The only people supporting her are Democrat lackeys that would vote for her regardless.

The only people supporting her are Democrat lackeys that would vote for her regardless.

Most candidates are supported by party lackeys that would vote for them regardless. Most people don't vote for candidates; they vote for parties.

Is being relatable necessary to get votes or to be a good leader? I see a lot of variables that people like discussing that have sweet **** all to do with actually managing a country well. This is why democracy seems like such a joke to me, the average voter would rather vote for a likable-seeming candidate before a shrewd and cool candidate that would actually manage their country well.

Is being relatable necessary to get votes or to be a good leader? I see a lot of variables that people like discussing that have sweet **** all to do with actually managing a country well. This is why democracy seems like such a joke to me, the average voter would rather vote for a likable-seeming candidate before a shrewd and cool candidate that would actually manage their country well.

Is it necessary to get votes? Absolutely. Is it necessary to be a good leader? Not necessarily, and, as you pointed out, people do vote for some of the most arbitrary reasons. However, she would only be a leader to us. To the political leaders in the rest of the world, she'd be a peer. And if she wants to break bread with said leaders, and make new allies, and maintain current relationships with allies, then she should probably be relatable and personable.

I take the view that Hillary is innocent until proven guilty. But there is no denying that she has been caught lying in regards to her latest scandals and she violated the Obama Administration's rules.

The biggest issue, one that many Democrats have, is not the emails themselves, but the way she has been handling the issue. The cover up has been far, far worse than the "crime". It's not just people who are preset on hating her, this is taking a toll on her and it's because of how ineptly she and her team have been handling it.

Hillary's campaign has been a joke so far IMO. Sure, she'll still win the nomination because of her last name and Democrats still delude themselves with Clinton nostalgia, but her campaign has been plagued with so many problems that could have been easily avoided.

I take the view that Hillary is innocent until proven guilty. But there is no denying that she has been caught lying in regards to her latest scandals and she violated the Obama Administration's rules.

The biggest issue, one that many Democrats have, is not the emails themselves, but the way she has been handling the issue. The cover up has been far, far worse than the "crime". It's not just people who are preset on hating her, this is taking a toll on her and it's because of how ineptly she and her team have been handling it.

Hillary's campaign has been a joke so far IMO. Sure, she'll still win the nomination because of her last name and Democrats still delude themselves with Clinton nostalgia, but her campaign has been plagued with so many problems that could have been easily avoided.

Agreed on all points my friend

Yes to everything.

Really, the only way she doesn't get the nomination is if either Biden decides to run (I doubt he will) or O'Malley pulls off a miracle in the debates, which I think could potentially happen. Hilary's campaign keeps imploding, somebody is eventually going to take advantage of it.

Clinton continues to struggle in her trustworthiness amid questions about her private email server. 30 percent of Democrats say she is not honest and trustworthy, compared to only 5 percent for Biden and 4 percent for Sanders!

A Quinnipiac poll has Sanders ahead now in Iowa a place where Clinton has spent a lot of time and money in.

Sanders is also ahead of Clinton in New Hampshire.

Clinton also trails Trump in a head to head election.

If Clinton keeps trending downward her funding will begin to pull out. Why shell out lots of money for a likely loser? This is why I guess April 2016. A few weeks after super Tuesday 2016.

Last edited:

Hippie,

Breaking news.....

Hillary Clinton's former staffer who worked on her personal email server is headed to Congress, where he plans to invoke his Fifth Amendment rights not to testify against himself in a closed-door Benghazi Committee deposition today. YIKES!

Bryan Pagliano, who worked on Clinton's email server as a staffer on her presidential campaign and at the State Department, has notified several congressional committees probing Clinton's private email use and server that he will take the Fifth to any questions, citing the ongoing FBI investigation into Clinton's server.

So we have the FBI on the case, and one of her staff already using the 5th. On a 1-10 scale of political damage, this is at least a 7.

Hippie,

Breaking news.....

Hillary Clinton's former staffer who worked on her personal email server is headed to Congress, where he plans to invoke his Fifth Amendment rights not to testify against himself in a closed-door Benghazi Committee deposition today. YIKES!

Bryan Pagliano, who worked on Clinton's email server as a staffer on her presidential campaign and at the State Department, has notified several congressional committees probing Clinton's private email use and server that he will take the Fifth to any questions, citing the ongoing FBI investigation into Clinton's server.
Still doesn't change the fact that until she is outright proven guilty, she is given the presumption of innocence. That is the American way. It's not good, but it still isn't damning and 100% confirming that she's guilty of any crimes. Treating people as if they're automatically guilty is just un-American if you ask me.

I am also basing my position on past Clinton behavior from both Hillary and Bill. The don't break the law, they just walk the very fine, ethically dubious, line of legality and illegality. They don't cross it, they make sure that they don't flat out break the law, but they just have the arrogant attitude that the rules that apply to everyone don't apply to them. It's the biggest reason why I don't like the Clintons.

So we have the FBI on the case, and one of her staff already using the 5th. On a 1-10 scale of political damage, this is at least a 7.
I wouldn't grade this particular aspect of the scandal just yet. The Clintons have had a lot of things that should have destroyed them politically and yet they have thrived on. Hell, having an affair with a woman that is not your wife would have destroyed any other politician, but not Bill Clinton. Hell, it made him even more popular!

But you cannot deny that the e-mail scandal as a whole has severely damaged Hillary. But it really comes down more to how ineptly she and her team have handled it as opposed to the actual scandal itself. There were so many things they could have done differently and this would have blown over. But instead Hillary decided to act like a ***** to the press about the issue. She used her surrogates to act like idiotic sycophants. She got caught lying again and again and again on the issue. If Hillary simply acted more honestly, more transparently, and plain and simply, nicer about it, this probably wouldn't be happening.

Still doesn't change the fact that until she is outright proven guilty, she is given the presumption of innocence. That is the American way. It's not good, but it still isn't damning and 100% confirming that she's guilty of any crimes. Treating people as if they're automatically guilty is just un-American if you ask me.

I am also basing my position on past Clinton behavior from both Hillary and Bill. The don't break the law, they just walk the very fine, ethically dubious, line of legality and illegality. They don't cross it, they make sure that they don't flat out break the law, but they just have the arrogant attitude that the rules that apply to everyone don't apply to them. It's the biggest reason why I don't like the Clintons.

I wouldn't grade this particular aspect of the scandal just yet. The Clintons have had a lot of things that should have destroyed them politically and yet they have thrived on. Hell, having an affair with a woman that is not your wife would have destroyed any other politician, but not Bill Clinton. Hell, it made him even more popular!

But you cannot deny that the e-mail scandal as a whole has severely damaged Hillary. But it really comes down more to how ineptly she and her team have handled it as opposed to the actual scandal itself. There were so many things they could have done differently and this would have blown over. But instead Hillary decided to act like a ***** to the press about the issue. She used her surrogates to act like idiotic sycophants. She got caught lying again and again and again on the issue. If Hillary simply acted more honestly, more transparently, and plain and simply, nicer about it, this probably wouldn't be happening.

We agree she handled it badly, but when someone deletes 1,000's of emails there has to be a good reason. If she is caught being inept in any of these emails or even lying, the damage will be multiplied. In fact she could be done. Hillary has already lost the benefit of the doubt.

I think she done already because a relatively unknown Sanders is beating her and picking up steam. Bill could come back from a scandal with the best of 'em. Hillary can not. She's got a glass jaw, and make the situation worse by talking like a lawyer which makes her look even guiltier.

Is she guilty of something?? The FBI is far better than the police.

But she's not going to jail. Obama will pardon her in exchange for perhaps a bit of support for whomever he backs.

Clinton continues to struggle in her trustworthiness amid questions about her private email server. 30 percent of Democrats say she is not honest and trustworthy, compared to only 5 percent for Biden and 4 percent for Sanders!

A Quinnipiac poll has Sanders ahead now in Iowa a place where Clinton has spent a lot of time and money in.

Sanders is also ahead of Clinton in New Hampshire.

Clinton also trails Trump in a head to head election.

If Clinton keeps trending downward her funding will begin to pull out. Why shell out lots of money for a likely loser? This is why I guess April 2016. A few weeks after super Tuesday 2016.

You really have no idea how beltway politics works do you?

Hippie,

Breaking news.....

This news is not breaking it's several days old. Pleading the 5th only screams guilt to laymen idiots.

Can we focus on the thread?

Not sure why we should focus on your biased and idiotic Hillary thread when we already have an established Clinton thread as well as a Democratic contenders thread as well. Seems a bit redundant and pointless if you ask me

We agree she handled it badly, but when someone deletes 1,000's of emails there has to be a good reason. If she is caught being inept in any of these emails or even lying, the damage will be multiplied. In fact she could be done. Hillary has already lost the benefit of the doubt.

I think she done already because a relatively unknown Sanders is beating her and picking up steam. Bill could come back from a scandal with the best of 'em. Hillary can not. She's got a glass jaw, and make the situation worse by talking like a lawyer which makes her look even guiltier.

Is she guilty of something?? The FBI is far better than the police.

But she's not going to jail. Obama will pardon her in exchange for perhaps a bit of support for whomever he backs.

Haha you really are in your own freaking world huh? This is one of the most moronic statements I've seen you post yet and that's saying something. You do realize that Hillary would be the first woman president of our country so when she gets the inevitable nod we more than likely will see an outpouring of half the population who want very much to see that happen regardless of if they agree w/ her on 100% of the issues similar to Obama in 08

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs wrote. You do realize that Hillary would be the first woman president of our country so when she gets the inevitable nod we more than likely will see an outpouring of half the population who want very much to see that happen regardless of if they agree w/ her on 100% of the issues similar to Obama in 08

Captain Obvious where do you this information and how much are you paying for it? Hillary would be the first woman president?! Stop the presses that's front page news.

In your mind every woman must vote for her. Sorry kid, that is not the case.

Trouble is she's losing to Bernie Sanders in Iowa and New Hampshire and trending downward by the week. In addition Hillary has taken money from nation who treat women like 2nd class citizens.

Captain Obvious where do you this information and how much are you paying for it? Hillary would be the first woman president?! Stop the presses that's front page news.

Trouble is she's losing to Bernie Sanders in Iowa and New Hampshire and trending downward by the week. In addition Hillary has taken money from nation who treat women like 2nd class citizens.

You have some of the weakest arguments I have ever seen. As was pointed out in the Sanders thread, Iowa and NH have a very liberal (and white) base so the fact that Sanders is making strides there is no surprise. If Hillary easily takes states that have higher minority turnout then there is no chance for any Dem to compete w/ her. Your blind hatred for Hillary conveniently hides the facts that are right in front of your face because you can't see the forest through the trees my friend.

And yes, the first women president is something a lot of people want to see. Obviously conservative woman more than likely won't vote for her but only an idiot would think anyone was talking about getting their votes as opposed to the crucial independent and undecided votes that tend to lean more liberal with each passing year. Take into account that she will get the bump from having Obama stump for her as well and that's a lot of power she has going her way that doesn't even take into account the love people have for Bill.

And again this thread is moronic and unnecessary since we have a Clinton and Dem candidate threads. Having a thread with a moronic and biased title to discuss Hillary is redundant

Originally Posted by Taarna

DJ_KiDDvIcIOU: You have some of the weakest arguments I have ever seen. As was pointed out in the Sanders thread, Iowa and NH have a very liberal (and white) base so the fact that Sanders is making strides there is no surprise.

DJ_Kidd NH and Iowa have more women than men. Your women will vote for her theory is a weak one.

If Hillary easily takes states that have higher minority turnout then there is no chance for any Dem to compete w/ her. Your blind hatred for Hillary conveniently hides the facts that are right in front of your face because you can't see the forest through the trees my friend.

What makes you think she'll help the poor? Under Obama poverty is way up. The poor needs jobs. Not a record low labor rate. I do hate Hillary. People do not trust her

Take into account that she will get the bump from having Obama stump for her as well and that's a lot of power she has going her way that doesn't even take into account the love people have for Bill.

Obama has a higher negative rating than positive one, and likely wants Biden over Hillary. A bump from Obama you say? Bawhahahaha. Say hi to Neo in the Matrix for me, as you are way out there and don't even realize how badly anyone can own you in a debate. All that I ask is you keep it clean and do not play the race card or get personal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"