Will you be attending the Midnight Release

Discussion in 'Captain America: The First Avenger' started by DeGenerate10, Jul 15, 2011.

?

Are you going to the Midnight release of CA

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RedSkull Lord of the Movie Masters

Probably going midnight and the next evening as well.

2. MahvelBaby! Registered

Just bought me a ticket! :D

3. Bubonic Registered

I really, really wanted to.

But I just found out the only theatre doing it is showing the midnight release solely in 3D.
    I hate post-production 3D to begin with, and with the extra 3 dollars on the pricetag I'd be paying 16.50 just for the ticket!

I'm really sad about this, it would of been my second midnight screening ever, my first in about 10 years. :csad:

#28 Bubonic, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  4. Ultimatehero Life is infinite

Universal Hollywood. Shout out! Anyone else? Became a ritual after X-Men First Class.

5. Hurm... Registered

The theater near me just added 2D screens for the film for Friday. I'm not sure whether I should exchange my ticket for a 2D screen or still stick to the 3D showing at midnight?

I'm not a fan of 3D but is there any word on how the 3D is for this film? How was it for Thor?

6. Zebrahiim Registered

It was okay. Asgard looked GOREGOUS and even better in 3D. Other than that I would keep asking myself, "Is this actually 3D?" take off my glasses, see that it was blurry and sigh and shake my head and continue watching.

For Cap, I can't see 3D being important outside of maybe a few shield tosses but that will get old after a while. I feel your pain, the only Midnights they had in my area were in 3D, and for Thor we only had 3D Imax for a midnight choice...

7. Triad Sofa King Suite!

Well I would be if one of my local theaters had a midnight showing in 2D!
    I'll be damned if I make the same mistake that I made with Thor! IMO, 3D just took away from the story...besides, who wants to pay an extra $3 for a headache!? Not me!
    You had better believe that I will be there bright and early on the 22nd, though!

8. roach I am the night

bought my tickets in 3D...I hate converted films but i wanted to see the Spidey trailer to give it a fair shake and wasnt sure if it would be in 2D.
    I make it to the midnight showings of all the big movies

9. Bubonic Registered

An overwhelming amount of critics are saying the 3D is awful, useless, and derives from an otherwise pleasant experience.
    In fact not once have I read a review that mentioned the 3D in a positive light. I'd say get your refund now while you still can, might as well just see it tomorrow, you wont be worse for wear.
    I'm sad that they've forced me to this decision but I'll be just as glad seeing the matinee tomorrow at 11 and paying 7 dollars less and ultimately enjoying it more.

10. roach I am the night

I'll see for myself:woot:

11. Bubonic Registered

Fair enough, care to send me some money while you're at it? :oldrazz:

12. roach I am the night

well I already have my tickets and Im going with a big group of people...and no I cannot send you my money *swims in a bathtub of $20.00 bills*

13. Bubonic Registered

Gotta give it a try, oh and I sometimes forget not everyone goes to the theatre by themselves. Well... I can make and break plans at a whim, so yay!

14. roach I am the night

we make these things an event...have sum fun...nothing more fun than going to the movies with a big group of film students:woot:

15. Bubonic Registered

I could think of a few, depends on the film students though.
    From my experience film students are so jaded to big hollywood movies because some of them can dissect every scene, know what inspired what scene and if the original effort was better, and basically can break down every part of the film while they are watching it.
    My friend who was in film studies was a real drag about it though.

16. roach I am the night

i know people like that and im glad we arent

17. Bubonic Registered

Good, so long as you can still enjoy movies!

18. Black Dynamite Registered

i will, its always fun watching movies with fan boys they seem to appreciate it more

19. Krimasen Avenger 0

Just returned from the midnight screening. The theater I was in was about 3/4 full. The audience didn't really seem terribly excited about the movie. However, the teaser after credits got a good ovation.

20. Liam_H Registered

Fanboys appreciating a movie more than the GA is always a given. But I find it more fun to be among the GA because when they do react its even more gratifying when something wows them. That's why I'd love to see how GA is gonna react when they see the Avengers teaser at the end of Cap.

21. RedSkull Lord of the Movie Masters

My theater was also about 3/4ths full and no on really applauded or cheered at anything