BvS Will you check early review/or scores of Batman v Superman, or avoid till you see it?

Nope. Doing what I did for MoS. Watching the movie, then checking reviews when I get home. I always check reviews after I watch something to find reviewers that share the same view as myself.

I'll check it out..... and I fully expect that Batman v Superman will get a good score.

I never check out early reviews for any movies I am planning on watching. I watch the movie, then come home and check out the reviews. I only check early reviews for movies I am on the fence for watching, if the reviews are good, I watch the movie else no.

Reviews dont really mean much to me as long as it's not abysmal. Often times I see a super high score for a film I'm planning to watch, only for the score to increase my expectations, which sometimes results in me being disappointed by the movie since my expectations were unrealistically high due to a high score. On the flip side, sometimes I see a mediocre score, resulting in my going into a film with a bit more realistic and lowered expectations, only to be surprised by how good the movie is and think the reviews are smoking crack. So checking out reviews and scores before a movie can adjust your expectations for better or worse before going in.

I couldn't care less what the critics say or what the scores are for this movie – I will be there for the first viewing on it's release... and then back the next day, and the next :cwink:

Going to do my best to avoid everything.
Yeah, I feel like the RT score is usually a good indicator of a film's quality if it's really high or really low. It's when its in that middle to better-than-average area (I'd say between 45 and 75%) where it could go either way. For example, I'd say MOS and Out of the Furnace (which also came out in 2013) should be much higher than their respective scores, whereas I'd have put Thor: The Dark World at around 30% at best.

I'd go Thor at 30% and TDW at 50%
I swear I hadn't seen such a shallow film as Thor since Excess Baggage.

Last edited:
I don't look at RT scores very often. So I won't view it before the movie. I do have a morbid curiosity about the end score. I feel like it will be around 60. This movie will more than likely get nitpicked but I'll probably love it

As for thor 2, I dozed off. Not sure which I liked least, Thor 2 or sucker punch. Loved Fury Road. It was my fav movie of last year with ex machina coming in 2nd.

I dozed off for some time during both Hulk movies, after the first half an hour. :oldrazz:

Whatever the RT score is, I'm highly anticipating the discussions surrounding it and the ensuing madness shortly thereafter.

I won't be reading full reviews, but I'll definitely be keeping track of the overall response. It's unavoidable.

Just gonna take a peek at RT/MC scores. As for the reviews, I like to have my own opinions, so won't be reading them until I watch the film.

Last edited:
I'm not that bothered either way. I personally won't go looking for them but if I stumble across one I will give it a quick look over. I'd rather form my own opinions.

Well il go to MY trusted reviewers beforehand then watch the film......what the flick, Mark Kermode

Nope. No. Sure as Hell won't. I am my own critic. I go in with my own expectations and opinions. Not someone elses. Especially when I'm going to see the movie anyway.

I will, but I won't be reading details. I don't really have super-high expectations. If it's truly good - it's gonna be a big surprise for me. I'm expecting a fun pop corn flick Marvel style, with maybe a bit more serious tone.

I usually read reviews from the big magazines/newspaperes. Since good reviews wont do a whole lot of plot retelling or spoil surprises. I usually avoid the messageboards a bit until I have seen the film.

I look forward to seeing the critic's response but even if it get's a 0% on RT, I'll go see BvS.

I believe the movie will be entertaining regardless on some level.

I TRY to read a number of spoiler free reviews leading up to a movie.

Occasionally I unintentionally stumble onto a spoilery review, or a self proclaimed "spoiler free" review just drops a bomb mid way, hence the "try", but usually I'm fairly good at avoiding them when I really want to.

While I DO form my own opinions of films, with ones that I am highly anticipating, I like to get a sense of whether or not the film will, potentially, let me down before I go in. As opposed to going in fully hyped, only to crash hard with the let down.

That's not to say I let the reviews define my expectations, but rather prepare me for certain possibilities.

I'd much rather go in hesitantly optimistic, and be gleefully surprised, than go in overly enthused, and end up thoroughly disappointed.

Early reviews. Usually I'd wait but this is one of those films I feel like I need to know stuff before hand.

I'm definitely going to check the RT score before seeing this. If it scores low enough, like under 50%, I'll just wait til it's on rental.

I'll retire from the internet (at least from the sites that might mention any detail from the movie) since march 14. I'll watch it with my own expectations in mind and nothing else.

The only review I'll really care about is Tyrone Magnus. Dude is awesome.

i read reviews pretty religiously. will be disappointed if it's under 70% fresh, though i wouldn't be surprised if it is.

I'm definitely going to check the RT score before seeing this. If it scores low enough, like under 50%, I'll just wait til it's on rental.

The reviews could be in the 30s and I'll still want to see it. Comic Batman in live action. Superman and Batman facing off. Wonder Woman's first big screen appearance.

Those three reasons are the very reasons I want to see the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"