William Fitchner IS The Shredder

if what you are hinting is true then **** this movie. seriously the whole shredder is krang thing was moronic when the 2000 series did it and that hasn't changed

seriously what is the point of merging to great villains into one character. all it does it reduce shredder to a joke/minor footnote

Last edited:
Shhh... We're trying to let this thread die. Use the other Shredder thread.

Let´s just hope this doesn´t turn in another krang invasion story. I loved the simplicity of the first movie. No aliens, no monsters, no laser guns.

WTH Is William Fitcher?? WHOO?
He was the badguy in the Lone Ranger?
If so he was forgettable as a lead Villain IMO.

He would make an exceptional Ultrom scientist because he comes off quaint and repressed. He's not very intimidating at all.

Have you not seen any of his work aside from Lone Ranger? And he was one of the better things in that flick. The man is an excellent actor, don't let this cloud your judgment now.

Yeah, I think Fitchner is a terrible choice for Shredder, but I think he's a fantastic actor. I don't see how anyone could hate on his acting skills.

Once upon a time he my dream pick for mister freeze.

Last edited:
I don't really know how I feel about Fichtner as shredder if they go with the reincarnation story It could be alright, and if you were reincarnated as a white guy in new york your name isn't going to be Oroku Saki so Eric Sachs makes sense. I would of prefered a japanese actor though.

What if they do they have The Shredder be a role one assumes after becoming leader of The Foot? I could see them doing that actually.

I don't really know how I feel about Fichtner as shredder if they go with the reincarnation story It could be alright, and if you were reincarnated as a white guy in new york your name isn't going to be Oroku Saki so Eric Sachs makes sense. I would of prefered a japanese actor though.

And posts like this one are the reason why my thread (the "other" Shredder thread) exists. I am in agreement with the consensus. You should probably put reserve your commentary about the ethnic issues for my thread. That leaves this thread as a place to discuss casting as it relates to acting ability and plot development. Leave my thread to the aspects of casting and ethnic politics.

And posts like this one are the reason why my thread (the "other" Shredder thread) exists. I am in agreement with the consensus. You should probably put reserve your commentary about the ethnic issues for my thread. That leaves this thread as a place to discuss casting as it relates to acting ability and plot development. Leave my thread to the aspects of casting and ethnic politics.

While Fichtner is obviously not giving away plot details but based on what he's said it doesn't seem like reincarnation.

It's actually hard not to bring up the ethnic issues because regardless of what they do or don't do to tie this character to previous incarnations the question will always be...well why didn't they just make him Oroku Saki?

They really had no intention of Shredder being a Japanese ninja crime lord. They wanted a military commander villain but rather than use a fan favourite character that fitted that like Bishop or come up with an original one they just decided to try and make the one TMNT with marquee value fit that.

It's always going to be an elephant in the room even if Sachs turns out to be a compelling character. Also it tends to lead to two undesirable scenarios for potential sequels; that we'll be getting Shredder-sachs as the primay antagonist in each movie or each movie will have a different character assume the Shredder role.

While Fichtner is obviously not giving away plot details but based on what he's said it doesn't seem like reincarnation.

It's actually hard not to bring up the ethnic issues because regardless of what they do or don't do to tie this character to previous incarnations the question will always be...well why didn't they just make him Oroku Saki?

They really had no intention of Shredder being a Japanese ninja crime lord. They wanted a military commander villain but rather than use a fan favourite character that fitted that like Bishop or come up with an original one they just decided to try and make the one TMNT with marquee value fit that.

It's always going to be an elephant in the room even if Sachs turns out to be a compelling character. Also it tends to lead to two undesirable scenarios for potential sequels; that we'll be getting Shredder-sachs as the primay antagonist in each movie or each movie will have a different character assume the Shredder role.
They could go the Utrom Shredder route from the 4Kids series, Utrom Shredder has been around since Feudal Japan.

Have you not seen any of his work aside from Lone Ranger? And he was one of the better things in that flick. The man is an excellent actor, don't let this cloud your judgment now.

Oh Yes he was 'Guy with Shot Gun" in the Dark Knight right?

What if his name isn't really Eric Sachs?? Hmmmmm......

They could go the Utrom Shredder route from the 4Kids series, Utrom Shredder has been around since Feudal Japan.

I love the 2003 series and ended up thinking Ch'rell was a gutsy twist in a show which was in most other ways very faithful to the comics and over time time they did prove the concept had legs beyond the initial shock of "Shredder is actually Krang".

That being said I didn't really want to see the concept adapted in other media and certainly a movie were there are many liberties already being taken with the canon and doesn't have time to flesh out the concept like the show did.

Also one of the reasons that Ch'rell worked in my opinion is that he was taking on the identity of Oroku Saki ninja crime lord (who turned out to be an actual person later in the show). If they are going that root with this movie then the issue is still there of why the alien is taking on the identity of a Eric Sachs and not Oroku Saki.

Looks badass to me

Too bad it's not from this movie.

Last edited:
Anyone see this yet?

tmnt.jpg

He has been named!

Now we have CINO and Shredder-Sachs. Oh snap! Maybe we should be calling him SINO.

As someone who frequented this forum in the CINO days, I can't express how strongly I am in favor of this.

costume looks great my issue is all the rumors about him being krang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"