William Moody made the Wrestling Thread smile

Status
Not open for further replies.

I miss the days when the Mania main event was the place you saw a guy face an established WWE champion to make his mark and win his first WWE title.

I miss the days when the Mania main event was the place you saw a guy face an established WWE champion to make his mark and win his first WWE title.
I agree with you; do you ever remember the last time that happened?

Was hoping Jay Lethal would take the title off Steen. Punk needs to get Lethal to teach him how to do the Macho Man elbow.

Last edited:

C'mon man...that's so happening with Cena vs Rock. John Cena is trying to make his mark in this company! :funny:

Smackdown only had 3 notable segments this week.

- Ziggler vs Del Rio, a good match but we have all seen how this movie ends before. Del Rio and Ricardo's promo earleir in the show was terrible.

- Bryan and AJ backstage, I'm hoping this leads somewhere and sees Bryan move back into the singles title picture after Mania.

- Show vs Sheamus was a short but physical main event and served as a simple by effective build towards the match with The Shield as they did a run in and it all broke loose.

The rest was filler. They continued the tease of a Layla heel turn and the odd romance thing with Cody and Kaitlyn, Sandow thinks she is from an inferior gene pool lol, mixed tag at Mania? Poor Sandow got nothing out his match with Ryback. :csad:

C'mon man...that's so happening with Cena vs Rock. John Cena is trying to make his mark in this company! :funny:

Man you haven't really made your mark when you have only went on last 4 times at WrestleMania. :oldrazz:

- The new WWE Studios film Dead Man Down has been declared "Rotten" by review site RottenTomatoes.com. With 36 reviews in, the movie currently has a score of 39/100. Their quick review reads:

"While the fine cast keeps Dead Man Down watchable throughout, the film is weighted down by absurd plot twists and a slack pace."

Two things:

1.) I hope the 'Push Me' sign isn't right infront of his crotch.

That would be the end of Ryder as we know it.

Where the hell are Wrestlemanias 16 - 18?!!

It's only going to up to 15 unfortunately. It's kind of a pain because the originals are probably hard to track down. Unless you get volume four of the box set.

Also I like your ideas about the covers.

I think 3 should have been the classic staredown as Blackheart says, 6 should have been the shot of Warrior holding up the IC and WWF belts as the fireworks go off, and 14 should have been the famous shot of Austin on the turnbuckle holding up the winged eagle belt. The Mania XI cover is confusing I agree, it should have probably been Taylor and Bigelow.

To be honest the choice to go with photos over artwork is surprising.

Artwork would of been nice. I wonder if the designer was actually a fan. They could of tasked most people in this thread and gotten a better outcome.

///

rumor mill: The Rock might be working the Extreme Rules ppv.

WWE can't catch a break wih WWE Films. It's been like 10 years without a successful film. Vince needs to swallow his pride and close down the film division altogether.

WWE can't catch a break wih WWE Films. It's been like 10 years without a successful film. Vince needs to swallow his pride and close down the film division altogether.

But,they still haven't made the Sin Cara/Rey Mysterio Buddy film yet.

- WWE has signed Swedish arm wrestling champion Sarah Backman to a developmental contract. She is also the gladiator 'Spirit' on the Swedish gladiators television show.

sarahbackman4bloggym.jpg

sarah2bbackman2blong2bh.jpg

sarahbc3a4ckman.jpg

Woman has some scary ass looking arms. :wow:

- The new WWE Studios film Dead Man Down has been declared "Rotten" by review site RottenTomatoes.com. With 36 reviews in, the movie currently has a score of 39/100. Their quick review reads:

"While the fine cast keeps Dead Man Down watchable throughout, the film is weighted down by absurd plot twists and a slack pace."

Sounds like that could be a review a weekly Raw.

WWE certainly is going in the right direction with it's recent diva signings. Sasha Banks, Kendra Smith, and Sarah Backman all have backgrounds that should help them became great additions to the WWE roster.

- WWE has signed Swedish arm wrestling champion Sarah Backman to a developmental contract. She is also the gladiator 'Spirit' on the Swedish gladiators television show.

Especially in that picture. It makes her left arm look beastly!

sarahbackman4bloggym.jpg

sarahbc3a4ckman.jpg

Oh damn....I'm in love :hrt:

The 2 main talking points were covered last night but after watching Impact I dug the opener with Hardy and Aries, they work very well together, and I am interested in where Morgan's run in is going to take him, this seems better idea than him hanging around with Joey Ryan.

The 6 person mixed tag was fun and gave everyone a chance to shine.

The 3 match series to decide who got the man advantage at Lockdown kinda exposed how lacking in top caliber workers Aces & Eights are, but it did remind me how good the Joe and Magnus tag team was.

The promo at the end with Jeff, Bully and Hogan was pretty cheesy, you really have to be over to not get heavy boys for some of that stuff in this day and age, credit to Bully though, he delivers his promo like winning that World title means everything to him. The big brawl featuring everyone from the two main events was a good way to end the show.

Artwork would of been nice. I wonder if the designer was actually a fan. They could of tasked most people in this thread and gotten a better outcome.

Some of the selections would suggest yes, others no lol. It's always confusing with WWE and how much they value/don't value people they hire having a genuine love of the business.

rumor mill: The Rock might be working the Extreme Rules ppv.

Maybe he can have a part 3 with Punk at Extreme Rules......My guess is withe Cena & Rock vs Punk & Brock or the triple threat that many wanted for WrestleMania.

Or Rock wins at Wrestlemania, and somehow Cena gets a rematch at Extreme Rules.

According to F4WOnline.com, there is some speculation within WWE that officials have already lost interest in the Fandango character, and that the current angle of him refusing to "debut," might lead to him never debuting at all.

If this is true, then those vignettes were such a waste...

I would at least like Fandango to wrestle one match. What a waste if true though... His character did seem a little bland but I was willing to give him a shot.

So the Wrestlemania DVDs won't go any higher than 15??? Ughhh now I'm not sure what to do.

Not until they remake Body Slam.

Hey Johnny Curtis, what's it like to suck so bad that WWE might not let you wrestle? WWE put Max Moon in matches after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"