Wincer Helming Dances With Wolves Sequel

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Source: Variety November 1, 2007

Simon Wincer has signed on to direct The Holy Road -- a sequel to Dances With Wolves -- for Moonstone, Amicus Entertainment and Double Eagle Films.

Variety says the script was penned by Michael Blake, who wrote the screenplay for "Wolves" as well as the two novels on which the two films are based.

The story picks up 11 years after "Wolves" as the Comanche tribe is in steady decline and the threat of white settlers looms. The title "Holy Road" refers to the transcontinental railroad, which is a symbol of the clash of civilizations.

I'm looking forward to this IF Costner is coming back.

Not seeing without Costner.

Source: Variety November 1, 2007

Simon Wincer has signed on to direct The Holy Road -- a sequel to Dances With Wolves -- for Moonstone, Amicus Entertainment and Double Eagle Films.

Variety says the script was penned by Michael Blake, who wrote the screenplay for "Wolves" as well as the two novels on which the two films are based.

The story picks up 11 years after "Wolves" as the Comanche tribe is in steady decline and the threat of white settlers looms. The title "Holy Road" refers to the transcontinental railroad, which is a symbol of the clash of civilizations.
That is so not cool. :csad:

I looked up what Holy Road is all about on bookreporter.com
Heres an excerpt :

-THE HOLY ROAD begins 10 years after DANCES WITH WOLVES ends. Jarringly for fans of the movie, the action takes place in the Comanche nation of the desert Southwest rather than the Dakotas. Dances with Wolves and his wife, Stands with a Fist, are now completely integrated into Comanche life; they have three children and are leaders of the tribe. But the life of the Comanche is changing, and the people are divided as to what they should do.

THE HOLY ROAD tells of the sunset days of the Comanche. Hunters are shooting the buffalo indiscriminately. Homesteaders are encroaching on Comanche hunting grounds. "Hair-mouthed" soldiers are seemingly everywhere to protect the settlers. The new transcontinental railroad --- one of the many "holy" roads of the title --- has made its way through to California, necessitating the taming of the indigenous population. And a group of Quakers serving as government agents have arrived on the frontier, trying to persuade Comanche leaders to accept life on the reservation.-

If Costner returns, I"m seeing this.

I'm with you guys, I will only see this if Kevin is involved.

I'll see it if the trailer shows slo-mo-Matrix shots.

I'll see it there's boobs and Gina (10 points to whoever gets it).

---Morzan

i live for white people killing indians... oops i mean native americans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"