Windows Firewall Problem

Calvin

Muchas smooches
Reaction score
For some reason, I don't seem to have the option of turning it off or on. When I access it, this is what I see, neither on or off are selected, and neither are clickable. Neither is the exceptions box. Nothing can be clicked on this windown except "ok" or "cancel."

firewall7zz.jpg

Lil' help?

Do you have any other firewall software installed? Symantec or Zone Alarm, or others?

Nope, that's the only one.

Are you logged on with an administrators account? (an account in the local admin group)

Yeah, I've checked and checked that over and over because that seems to be the only solution I've found in FAQs or the like. I only have a single account, the admin one, which I'm on, no guest or limited accounts whatsoever.

Maybe do a rollback?

Also, what Windows Skin are you using?

Have you tired going to the advance tab and clicking on restore defaults?

Have you simply gone into Computer Management > Services> then disabled the firewall?

Nothing seems to be working, bummer. Oh well, the only major program that's stopped working since this problem started is DC++. Annoying, but I've gotten sick of trying to figure this thing out by now.

God dammit Calvin! Ive messed up my settings on my pc now looking for an answer to your, i cant connect to the internet! soon as i load a browser its saying page is not avalible! luckly i have an extra hard drive lying about with windows on it (which im on now) cause i wanted to see if it was my ISP or my Pc, looks likes it my pc :D

Edit:: Ok Main HD back in and messed about with the settings and now its fixed... werid!

If it's just one program, why not uninstall/reinstall?

Or uninstall service pack 2 and reinstall it?

black_dust said:
Or uninstall service pack 2 and reinstall it?
You know, I think that's when it started. Is there any danger in uninstalling and reinstalling?
Drakon said:
If it's just one program, why not uninstall/reinstall?
Uninstalling reinstalling, updating etc for that one program was the first thing I tried. Maybe it's unrelated to firewall. I'm trying to run DC++ in active mode, since passive mode really sucks but is what you use if you're behind a firewall. Everything I've found on the net says that if active mode isn't working, you're either behind a firewall, or on a router, and I'm definitely not on a router.

Maybe I can ask on one of my other boards...

providing you change your avatar back to it's still form.

Man, I only had that up for 60 seconds, how did you catch it?

Calvin said:
You know, I think that's when it started. Is there any danger in uninstalling and reinstalling?
I wouldn`t have thought so, ive done it a few times now on my system (took it off last night, and putting it back on later)

The only risk would be messing up your Resitry if somthing goes arry

Hey Calvin has it been resolved?

Have you ever connected this computer to a network where someone is running a Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 Domain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"