Windows security problems

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why but I suddenly got a warning from my HP support assistant that my Norton anti-virus program, Windows Defender and my firewall were all off.

I tried to turn them back on manually but it didn't take, so I've downloaded AVG to cover the virus side and ZoneAlarm to cover the firewall.

However does anyone know how I can get the Windows firewall and defender back on?

Restart?

That's usually what worked for me, I'd just restart the computer and it'd forget there was a problem. However, Windows doesn't like other programs so sometimes, it just makes sure that the other programs are doing their job so your computer doesn't slow down.

I'm not sure why but I suddenly got a warning from my HP support assistant that my Norton anti-virus program, Windows Defender and my firewall were all off.

I tried to turn them back on manually but it didn't take, so I've downloaded AVG to cover the virus side and ZoneAlarm to cover the firewall.

However does anyone know how I can get the Windows firewall and defender back on?

If you have not solved the problem yet, try using this forum to solve your issues:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/

Thanks guys, at the moment the firewall situation is sorted and the AVG program is doing the job, but I am wondering should I uninstall the Norton software that came with the machine? as AVG and Norton seem to get in each others way at times.

Thanks guys, at the moment the firewall situation is sorted and the AVG program is doing the job, but I am wondering should I uninstall the Norton software that came with the machine? as AVG and Norton seem to get in each others way at times.

Its just a 60 day trial version of Norton Internet Security isn't it? I had about the worst time ever with the version of Norton Internet Security that came on my Windows 8 laptop, sometimes I would have to restart the computer to get it to work or just to update it & run a virus scan & then it would usually dump all my saved info from my computer on a daily basis. Now I have Norton Antivirus 2013 installed & my computer is working so much better with less problems.

Yes. You definitely should uninstall Norton. Abby time you have more than two virus protection programs, they will cause issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"