The Winter Soldier Winter Soldier: Bionic arm or not?

Nice to see confirmation of the bionic arm! :D

Is it me or does it look like WS is wearing a mask covering the lower part of his face.

looks like a lower/half balaclava

p8rzeBq.jpg

I know that's all they have to do lol, I'm just saying I don't know how they would accomplish it because I've never seen metal layers like that look that smooth on each other on screen before. Although I just went back an looked at Destroyer and it comes close.

Hmm, yeah. Looking at Destroyer, they could do it like that too.

Yeah, Destroyer's design is perfect for Winter Soldier's bionic arm.

Neat concept for keeping WS/Bucky's identity concealed. It'll be interesting to see what the end product looks like on-screen.

Taking away WS's bionic arm would've been the same as taking away Cap's shield, so I'm glad to see that they're keeping the arm. Besides, considering the things that Stark can do with all his Mark armors, a bionic arm seems rather tame by comparison.

Yikes...with the goggles *and* the mask, WS is wayyyy too New Goblin-y. Maybe they can add that skull-face to the balaclava or do something about the goggles to make it look different from Franco....

But Franco's GG2 literally only had that mask on for about 5 seconds of screen time. I don't think it'll be an issue.

I reaaaaly don't understand all this New Goblin comparison stuff. Balaclava's are standard military uniform in the Russian OMON.

I reaaaaly don't understand all this New Goblin comparison stuff. Balaclava's are standard military uniform in the Russian OMON.
When I first saw it, that's what I was thinking.

Yes...that's because New Goblin is using a Balaclava mask. It's completely unrelated.

I said resemblance, not exact match. His lower face is covered and he has goggles.

I'm really not liking the half mask thing. Winter Soldier is one if my favorites and I don't see him when I look at that second picture

It will be fine once you see him with the jacket and goggles off.

I wonder why they make changes like that. I didn't see anything wrong with the way he is in the comics. Hopefully they'll get his character right at least

I'm sure he just wears this for the beginning of the film

it's to keep his ID hidden from Steve, the world at large, and- provided they dont spoil it- the general audience who doesn't yet know Winter Soldier is Bucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"