Gotham Wishes/Hopes for Season 2

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Aside from the show preferably moving away from being a mixed bag to being a little more solid, I'd like to see...

1. Leslie/Bruce interaction. Her interactions have mainly been with Gordon, and Bruce has never really played into any of that, but we really have no reason to think that the link can't still exist there as it was in the comics. She still could've been a friend/associate of Thomas Wayne, outside of Wayne Enterprises.

2. A return/purpose for Montoya and Allen. Barbara now being a f***ing insane person should give Montoya something to do, and I recall reading that the actor playing Allen said his character used to be partners with Bullock. They never touched on that, but they could.

3. A Fish-free show for awhile. I'm betting she's still alive, but whether or not that's the case, let's take a breather from that character for awhile. I semi-enjoyed Jada's performance, at least early in the season, but her storylines were only ever a distraction from better stuff IMO. Maybe bring her back into the fold for a few episodes late in the season, after setting up a revenge scheme against Penguin.

4. The Iceberg Lounge. In all it's glory.

5. A new look for Oswald. Enough of the string hair emo guitarist look. Switch it up a bit. He's in charge now. Make him look a little more refined. A little more classic Penguin.

6. More Arkham stuff.

7. Victor Zsasz slowly and steadily breaking off the leash Falcone put him on, and becoming the Zsasz we all know from the comics.

8. Hamilton Hill. Rupert Thorne. Julia Pennyworth. Hugo Strange. Slam Bradley. Etc...

Agreed with all of that, though pretty sure Jada Pinkett Smith said she wasn't coming back for season 2 (she didn't mention future seasons though).

Also, it hadn't occurred to me that Montoya and Allen basically disappeared really early in the season. Serious, were the **** did they go?

Jada just said she wouldn't be a series regular. She didn't say anything about coming back at any point in the season.

And I think Montoya and Allen just got phased out because there were too many cooks in the kitchen character-wise. Same with Barbara, to a lesser degree. She really took a backseat until The Ogre figured into the story. But now that Maroni and (possibly) Fish are dead, Falcone's left town and Barbara's well on her way to Arkham, I think there might be a little more room for them. And presumably in a less antagonistic capacity.

I hope we haven't seen the last of Falcone, since he was one of the highlights of the season for me. He could always come back as a Johnny Torrio-type figure.

Penguin's the breakout star of the show, so obviously I hope that he continues to play a big role to come as well.

I'm hoping Falcone will be back. I definitely think they kept him alive for a reason.

If so, I hope they explore the actual Falcone family, rather than just Falcone and his underlings like we got this season. He's up there in years, I can believe he's got grown up children that just aren't in the picture at the moment.

Honestly, I'm still holding on to my theory that the Carmine Falcone of this show is the Vincent Falcone of the comics, and that they'll introduce his children (Carmine Jr. and Carla) in the future.

Can't help but think this will be the season of The Riddler, much like this one was Penguin's.

Fish fell into water. That's her element. She'll be back at some point.:o

Increase the pace of of Bruce's plotlines with accomplishable goals. Have him learn from other Alfred and Selina.

Flesh out the underworld. Give us the Roman Empire in opposition to Penguin. Give us Strange in Arkham. Have the Red Hood Gang start to assemble. Have Thorne become a political mob boss.

Have Gordon and Bullock lose some serious battles. Have the city get significantly worse. Maybe have an undercover Slam Bradley experience how much worse the cities getting for the poor, with the department falling under Flass's control and Gordon demoted or stuck in another job.

Bruce should hire a Private Detective named SLAM BRADLEY.
He could look into the Wayne Murders and Wayne Enterprises.
Plus he would be a good teacher for Bruce.

Maxie Zeus. He was in his 1st comic appearances a Mob Boss. He could fill a role now that Falcone and Marconi are no longer around.

-Leave Fish out of it
-Bring back Falcone
-A less goofy tone. AKA no Jeffery Combs with boobs.
-Spend more time on ongoing arcs instead of one-off episodes
-Better writing on female characters. Leslie is fine but not really anything special.
-Bring back Montoya and Allen and actually give them stuff to do.
-A little more subtlety in places. I get it, this is a Batman prequel, but elements just feel a bit too..."Hey, did you know this person's going to be a Batman character?!"
-Hugo Strange
-Julia Pennyworth
-Recast Gordon. :o Okay this one's not happening so.

Last edited:
I realize it's early and all that, but anyone have an idea when season two might start?

5. A new look for Oswald. Enough of the string hair emo guitarist look. Switch it up a bit. He's in charge now. Make him look a little more refined. A little more classic Penguin.

I think the current look of oswald is perfect. He is shown as ugly midget in multiple comics, but it is great to see his fresh and charming look in Gotham. The actor gives complete justice to the character.

Aside from the show preferably moving away from being a mixed bag to being a little more solid, I'd like to see...

1. Leslie/Bruce interaction. Her interactions have mainly been with Gordon, and Bruce has never really played into any of that, but we really have no reason to think that the link can't still exist there as it was in the comics. She still could've been a friend/associate of Thomas Wayne, outside of Wayne Enterprises.

2. A return/purpose for Montoya and Allen. Barbara now being a f***ing insane person should give Montoya something to do, and I recall reading that the actor playing Allen said his character used to be partners with Bullock. They never touched on that, but they could.

3. A Fish-free show for awhile. I'm betting she's still alive, but whether or not that's the case, let's take a breather from that character for awhile. I semi-enjoyed Jada's performance, at least early in the season, but her storylines were only ever a distraction from better stuff IMO. Maybe bring her back into the fold for a few episodes late in the season, after setting up a revenge scheme against Penguin.

6. More Arkham stuff.

7. Victor Zsasz slowly and steadily breaking off the leash Falcone put him on, and becoming the Zsasz we all know from the comics.

8. Hamilton Hill. Rupert Thorne. Julia Pennyworth. Hugo Strange. Slam Bradley. Etc...

Im with you on all of that. Especially #8. :up:

6. More Arkham stuff.

Agree with all of this but especially agree on #3 and #5. :up:

- Eddie's first death trap
- Iceberg Lounge
- Victor falling apart as Nora's health begins to deteriorate
- A new crime boss like Rupert Thorne
- Roman Sionis
- Bruce's fear/nightmares of bats
- Bruce taking karate lessons
- More of Harvey Dent's bad side
- Proof that Jerome WILL become Joker
- Johnathan Crane experimenting with the psychology of fear
- More Tommy Elliot
- Julian Day (Calendar Man)

Just finished the first season, and I liked it. I can think of plenty of things I want for season 2, but nothing compares to my hopes that the Joker thing is just a red herring. I wouldn't say no to more Leslie, more Bruce/Selina, more arcs and way less obtuse dialogue.

I want more Bruce/Alfred in season two, that's my biggest hope.

Hope so. Then they also could phase Jim out as the main character and then Bruce will take over. At least it's great that they started him off at 12 compared to 8.

I don't think they'll ever phase out Jim as the main star and I'd hope they wouldn't. I would be happy with Bruce getting more screen time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"