The Amazing Spider-Man With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
honest-movie-poster-amazing-spider-man.jpg
Fun movie, sadly, not as a Amazing as it should've been

Well TAS-M isn't that great compared to TDKR, so...excuse me if that's shocking.
While TDKR is better,it isnt a whole lot better than TASM

The marketing didn't do anything to make it seem like it.
The marketing was ridiculous to say the least,
'Untold Story'
LOL What the **** was untold?
Spidey swinging at night and not during the day
:up:
trying to make Connors seem so sadistic once he started to use the serum,
Omitting the family was a big mistake,that was one thing I loved about Molina's DocOck
No family made him seem sadistic
the choices with the lighting.
I loved the lighting

It's just the tone this film has that feels it's being too much. And then to add in more lighter moments such as in the high school gym or on the football field felt too off with the overall film.
As I said,the movie isnt dark,it has plenty of fun moments,only the trailers and all that night action makes it look like that

Arad has said this while mentioning how TAS-M is more of a take on Ultimate regarding Spider-Man as the character.
Another made up quote about Arad..

Watch the trilogy again. Besides Mary Jane's tight pink tank-top, look at her clothes, ESPECIALLY in Spider-Man 3.
They resembled clothes from the 40s??

And the choices he had felt it would be better on a Noir film. The dialogue, lack of technology except for the villains(which can be changed obviously), the humor. Raimi would be perfect for a Spider-Man Noir series.
What exactly is a 'noir' spider-man movie,I dont understand that term

No; Mary Jane Watson was never a ***** towards guys.
Just read the comics,she has plenty of relationships earlier on,she was never meant to be major character but only as a plot device to cause Gwen Stacy to become jealousy(in the comics) It was only later they decided to make her past and personality better

And not once had I ever said Spider-Man should have a created love interest because there are so many worthwhile love interests for Spidey. You keep bringing this up on something I never said.
Didnt you say that it is better to create a completely new love interest than portray a real one in a 'wrong' way?

But at least someone should make it seem like it's really Mary Jane.
Same with Bruce Wayne,I always though of him as the worlds most intelligent detective rather than a symbol and a martial artist rather than a brute
He wasnt potrayed in a right way but it worked in the script Nolan had

So glad you think this after one film
One movie is enough to judge the Hero's character

Simply to show that someone...named Christopher Nolan...does in fact care for the material. And you didn't get that? Christ...
So he took inspiration from those comics?
Didnt feel like that the way Batman was depicted

Never said it doesn't, but we haven't seen one yet, so why only mention Nolan's films when you say you don't see a "wow" factor with his action sequences?
Similarly,have we ever seen a Spider-man movie with a intriguing plot?
And you are supposedly a fan of doing things differently

That's where the "wow" factor comes into play with Raimi's trilogy though. Only the effects makes it amazing and awe inspiring.
Thats because characters in Spider-man are superpowered so CGI makes sense.
Batman's story has no superpowered characters so there is no need for CGI,and the 'wow' feeling doesnt always come from CGI,there are things like Practical stunts,martial arts and creative fighting
But Nolan prefers to use Brutal punching and ducking for some reason which looks pathetic

The docks fight was one of the worst action sequences with Nolan's trilogy.
Thats the only thing worth while in that movie

Not at all since we already saw a bit of high school Peter in the '02 film. Why retread almost familiar grounds?
High School was hardly present in SM1

Not exactly a bomb exploding infront of Peter's face?
Explosions,He has survived explosions gazillion times

Outside from the forums, I rarely get any question on if it was all Talia's plan and Bane was just the muscle.
Except you,I have NEVER met anyone complaining about the Lab coat

A doctor isn't supposed to experiment on themselves either.
Dont be a coward,Risks are part of Laboratory science
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-experimentation_in_medicine

But it would have been perfect fan service seeing as how it's silly to even show a lab coat on a giant lizard. Some stuff can work on a comic or in a cartoon, but not for a movie.
Strictly your opinion

Tell me what the lab coat reveals.
Lizard's Entry point and the way to his Lair

So what's wrong with having that stuff inside the lair? He was documenting his experiments.
How did he manage to get so much stuff from the top of Oscorp to the bottom of the Sewers single handedly,I dont think its possible for him to drag all that through sewer water and all

And all of that fanboy bashing started right after Lizard was shown without a lab coat and before Lizard was shown with a lab coat. Hearing the complaints could have easily made Sony want to add a coat on since they weren't even done finalizing the look and detail of Lizard even.
:doh:
Once again you needlessly blame sony
And no,things are not so simple,you cant add whatever you want to an unfinished CGI,the adjustments should be there when one is filming

So collapse immediately means death to you? A blast will do such a thing you know.
And yet it doesnt do that to Joker

Broken glass is the debris, lol. And that just went either way except for contacting Jameson.
How did you know it didnt Contact him?
And I dont think glass can penetrate so easily through chair with plush

Because doing well in a country where the film is made IS a big deal, if you don't live in the states or not, it's silly to not be reminded of that fact.
Its doing better than BB
And yes the budget is greater but that doesnt change the fact that more people have seen TASM in the US than BB

A ton of posters will disagree.
Lets see who else puts him in their top 10 in this forum

Lol, what? Peter Parker wouldn't have killed the guy at all. Awful example.
The way he was behaving in TASM before Stacy's lecture,he would have definitely killed him
And Bruce Wayne would have killed Joe Chill in BB if he wasnt killed before he got a chance
Peter Parker technically killed him SM1 aswell,and he behaved the same way with Flint Marko,killing him or so he thought

Last edited:
Why are you talking about these films as if it's not a matter of taste?

I'd say TASM's worse scene is him testing his web shooters. I thought the look of him free falling was horrible, the lack of people in a place that would seem pretty popular, and him without a mask in daylight. TDKR's worse scene is... I don't know. Nothing really made me cringe unlike the scene in TASM I just mentioned, followed by the goal post scene. So yeah, TASM's worse scene is worse than TDKR's worse scene.

Well I really liked that scene,the 2 finger hand stand and the fall,that and when he runs and jumps off the roof later
Those are kind of Daredevil scenes I like

Last edited:
I'm a bigger Spider-Man fan than a Batman fan and I enjoyed TDKR much more than I did ASM. Mainly because of the fact that since last year, my focus and my expectations were set on ASM, and I ended up knowing little to nothing about TDKR going into it's premiere. The two movies were at both ends of how to hype up an upcoming movie.

Same thing happened with me
I totally spoiled myself to TASM,watched all the clips,TV Spots,trailers,news,reviews,behind the scene stuff,featurettes.It was as if I had already watched the movie

Anno, I actually feel like you are on-edge a little bit. I miss the Anno that greeted me to the forums a month ago. :(

Thanks for the apology and I understand your confusion. It kind of surprises me the way people are acting on the boards as of late. As I said in another previous post, you'd think us CB fans would be overjoyed about the three awesome movies we got this summer. But instead, we have a bunch of bickering, whining, negative a-holes taking sides and acting like children. I guess I'm not surprised that you would think I would be in that "on edge" group but I assure you I'm not. A Spidey fanboy I may be but I still have a pretty level head and don't let silly emotions cloud my judgement or actions. I may have preferred ASM and even though TDKR was not up to par imo, Bat fans should be extremely happy with Nolan's completed trilogy.

Believe me when I say I respect your opinion, even if you prefer Bats. :cwink:
All is perfectly well between us and it always has been. I don't expect that to change. Don't bother fixing/editing your comment...we'll just chalk it up to a misunderstanding and move on. Cool?

Cool :up:

I don't like to have "enemies" on the forums anyways, haha.

Batman 89 is the only movie I prefer to Nolan's Batman

:up:

While TDKR is better,it isnt a whole lot better than TASM

What???????????

Did you just admit that???? Hahahaha, awesome.

The marketing was ridiculous to say the least,
'Untold Story'
LOL What the **** was untold?

His parents being a major part of this story. I may badmouth TAS-M at times, but I understand that this movie WAS an "Untold Story".

Is that agreeing, or did you just prefer him swinging at night than day?

Omitting the family was a big mistake,that was one thing I loved about Molina's DocOck
No family made him seem sadistic

The lost of his wife really changed him and the tentacles' influence pushed him over the edge(as much as I hated how the tentacles had a mind of their own).

I loved the lighting

Let's just say it wasn't something I was really expecting. I loved the brightness of New York at night, but that was about it.

As I said,the movie isnt dark,it has plenty of fun moments,only the trailers and all that night action makes it look like that

"Plenty of fun moments" that doesn't flow well with the overall product. It's like a mood jump every time Webb tried to bring in something funny. The only parts that fit were Spidey's smartass remarks.

Another made up quote about Arad..

Not made up at all, but okay.

They resembled clothes from the 40s??

To me, yes they did. They didn't seem like some a twenty-something woman would be wearing, and as I said, especially in Spider-Man 3. But that's just me maybe. Raimi at least made her wear some revealing clothes in the first film and then her attire looked older and older when only two years have passed.

What exactly is a 'noir' spider-man movie,I dont understand that term

Spider-Man Noir....

SMNOIR001_cvr.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Noir

Just read the comics,she has plenty of relationships earlier on,she was never meant to be major character but only as a plot device to cause Gwen Stacy to become jealousy(in the comics) It was only later they decided to make her past and personality better

But that still doesn't tell me why Mary Jane was a ***** towards the guys as she was in Raimi's trilogy.

Didnt you say that it is better to create a completely new love interest than portray a real one in a 'wrong' way?

Of course I did, but a director should also portray one of Peter's many love interests the right way, such as what Webb is doing with Gwen Stacy, not how Raimi portrayed MJ or Gwen.

Same with Bruce Wayne,I always though of him as the worlds most intelligent detective rather than a symbol and a martial artist rather than a brute
He wasnt potrayed in a right way but it worked in the script Nolan had

If you only thought of Batman as a detective than you don't know jack about Batman. And even if Nolan didn't get that perfectly right, we DID see Batman use some detective skills.

He was always a powerful figure. Take a look at The Dark Knight Returns even. And what are you saying that Batman isn't a symbol? Batman's always been a symbol and I also guess you just looked past at the training he received in BB?

One movie is enough to judge the Hero's character

The character? Like Peter not listening to Captain Stacy's request, right? :whatever:

So he took inspiration from those comics?
Didnt feel like that the way Batman was depicted

Obviously you never read any of those graphic novels.

Similarly,have we ever seen a Spider-man movie with a intriguing plot?
And you are supposedly a fan of doing things differently

I believe I said we've never seen a Spidey film with an intriguing plot. What's your point?

Thats because characters in Spider-man are superpowered so CGI makes sense.
Batman's story has no superpowered characters so there is no need for CGI,and the 'wow' feeling doesnt always come from CGI,there are things like Practical stunts,martial arts and creative fighting
But Nolan prefers to use Brutal punching and ducking for some reason which looks pathetic

With Raimi's trilogy, the "wow" factor definitely comes from the CGI. It's silly to say that it isn't the reason.

And while you say it looks pathetic, many others say it doesn't :up:

Thats the only thing worth while in that movie

So the worst scene in the film is your favorite? Lol.

High School was hardly present in SM1

Still familiar grounds that didn't have to be used.

Explosions,He has survived explosions gazillion times

But not a bomb right in the face, huh? Can't show me anything such as that?

Except you,I have NEVER met anyone complaining about the Lab coat

Because not a whole lot of people pays attention to detail?

Dont be a coward,Risks are part of Laboratory science
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-experimentation_in_medicine

Let me guess...do you have pics where they wore their lab coats? :funny:

Strictly your opinion

No...take a look at the thread regarding Lizard's look. SO many people thought it was absolutely fine if a lab coat isn't worn.

Lizard's Entry point and the way to his Lair

So you mean the big ash hole in the floor wasn't an indication already of where his lair was at?

How did he manage to get so much stuff from the top of Oscorp to the bottom of the Sewers single handedly,I dont think its possible for him to drag all that through sewer water and all

He could've been the Lizard when transporting the equipment.

Once again you needlessly blame sony
And no,things are not so simple,you cant add whatever you want to an unfinished CGI,the adjustments should be there when one is filming

When the Lizard himself wasn't finalized, they could have easily added a CGI lab coat. C'mon, think.

And yet it doesnt do that to Joker

Because he was expecting the shock of the blast. It wasn't the fire or anything that knocked those officers down; it was the blast and the shock of it.

How did you know it didnt Contact him?
And I dont think glass can penetrate so easily through chair with plush

We all don't know because we don't see anything, thus what the film shows, Jameson is not harmed.

And you'd be surprised what glass can do after shattering.

The way he was behaving in TASM before Stacy's lecture,he would have definitely killed him
And Bruce Wayne would have killed Joe Chill in BB if he wasnt killed before he got a chance
Peter Parker technically killed him SM1 aswell,and he behaved the same way with Flint Marko,killing him or so he thought

The way he was acting? The way he was acting doesn't indicate that Peter would have killed the murderer. Vengeance doesn't automatically mean killing.

And there is a difference between Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne never heard powerful words before his little crusade on killing the murderer, Peter has and I have no doubt he wouldn't kill Ben's murderer.

Peter Parker didn't kill anyone in S-M 1; he only gets the blame on that from me because he didn't try to save the thief. And the SYMBIOTE made Peter want to kill Marko.

Last edited:
GBCORP.jpg

When I see this logo or Oscorp's game logo, I remember the other

Same thing happened with me
I totally spoiled myself to TASM,watched all the clips,TV Spots,trailers,news,reviews,behind the scene stuff,featurettes.It was as if I had already watched the movie

Hype can be a sad thing sometimes. I loved both movies, though. I just enjoyed one more than the other.

i now see Sony shows everything from the movie in the trailers , now i won´t watch more than the teaser and a few trailers the next time (just hope they don´t spoil another after credits)

What???????????

Did you just admit that???? Hahahaha, awesome.
The difference between TDKR and TASM in terms of quality is the same as the difference between TA and TDKR(And the difference is very little)
I would rate TA at 9, TDKR at 8.5 and TASM at 8

His parents being a major part of this story. I may badmouth TAS-M at times, but I understand that this movie WAS an "Untold Story".
His parents were only used as a 2 minutes flashback at the start,and as a plot device to show Peter's anguish and outcast nature and his reason to visit Dr Connors and OsCorp.Nothing else
I dont consider such a little part as 'untold'
The Villian was really a poor man's DocOck in Lizard's skin,they were only walking on familiar grounds

Which is why I feel a different type of Villian(s),someone like The Kingpin and Electro as his right hand man/Hitman would have been better.This way they wouldnt have to waste time going into detail about their origin(Electro's origin would be kept in the shadows at the start of the movie and would be shown as a brief montage when Peter snoopes around Oscorp to learn about him and a way to beat him)Thus giving more time to develop the characters of Peter Parker,Gwen Stacy etc

Electro's master plan would be to betray The Kingpin and to take over the city's power supply and change himself into Hyper-electro(with god-like powers) and ofcourse Spider-man would stop him in the end(Showdown would take place on top of Oscorp tower,Spider-man using a rubber suit and water to shot circuit him or something)
Explore more about his parents,connecting them with Norman Osborn and Spider-man exposing him and getting him arrested at the end of the movie and Oscorp closing down due to their shady experiments(Electro being one of their products who went rogue) getting exposed to the media.This would be good way to justify and showcase Norman Osborn's hatred towards Spider man in #2 rather than going after him because he rejected a team-up like we saw in SM1

Just my version...
Is that agreeing, or did you just prefer him swinging at night than day?
Night swinging was breathtaking,but adding day swinging along with it would have been a nice contrast and would look nice(Kind of like Peter vs Harry fight in the nght sky in SM3)

"Plenty of fun moments" that doesn't flow well with the overall product. It's like a mood jump every time Webb tried to bring in something funny. The only parts that fit were Spidey's smartass remarks.
Didnt feel like that to me

To me, yes they did. They didn't seem like some a twenty-something woman would be wearing, and as I said, especially in Spider-Man 3. But that's just me maybe. Raimi at least made her wear some revealing clothes in the first film and then her attire looked older and older when only two years have passed.
Your opinion.
You look like someone who puts his mind too much into costumes

Spider-Man Noir....
Spider man set in 1933? Strict no
A Spider-man movie needs a huge budget to start with and setting up the scene in the old era would only needlessly extend the budget.
Sherlock Holmes for example had a budget of almost 100M,mainly due it being set up in the previous era.
Spider man Noir's budget would go over 300M.One of the main reason why I think Miguel O'Hara as Spider-man 2099 is not possible on the big screen

Of course I did, but a director should also portray one of Peter's many love interests the right way, such as what Webb is doing with Gwen Stacy, not how Raimi portrayed MJ or Gwen.
Thats fine but saying a totally newly created love interest would have been better than Raimi's MJ is being ridiculous

And even if Nolan didn't get that perfectly right, we DID see Batman use some detective skills.
When?

The character? Like Peter not listening to Captain Stacy's request, right? :whatever:
And thats part of the character,he is a teenager and will break the promise
And he will know the horrible consequence of the Broken promise in the sequel *If you know what I mean*
So that was a good addition

I believe I said we've never seen a Spidey film with an intriguing plot. What's your point?
You justify Nolan's Movies having pathetic action because Batman movies never saw good action
I Justify TASM and Raimi's Spider-man having a simple plot because Spider-man movies never had a intriguing plot but you are still very critical about them due to that

With Raimi's trilogy, the "wow" factor definitely comes from the CGI. It's silly to say that it isn't the reason.
When did I ever deny that?
My point is Batman can have that factor aswell and its not necessary to use CGI for that

And while you say it looks pathetic, many others say it doesn't :up:
No one will praise Nolan's fight scenes in his right mind

So the worst scene in the film is your favorite? Lol.
Only action scene where tha camera wasnt moving all over the place
I think that was the first appearance of Batman and even though the scene wasnt that creative,it was a good way to show why the criminals started to get afraid of Batman

'What the heck are you?'
*Smashes glass*
'Im Batman' *Headbutts*

Badass..

But not a bomb right in the face, huh? Can't show me anything such as that?
No because I cant find comics on the net

As a matter of fact I saw watching SM1 yesterday
The bomb that killed the board members wasnt even the same bomb,it didnt even cause an explosion,just fries them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnjyMjRaKMc&feature=related
So Goblin basically has 3 kinds of pumpkin bombs-One that explodes,Another one that turns into half-a-dozen Batrang things,and the one that emits some kind of rays that fries people along with his gliders,costume,that knife like thing he tries to stab Spider-man with,Startrek like swords,Bullets and Missiles
So he has a large Arsenal of weapons
And now you will go 'It should have been explained' No it shouldnt have been
I'll tell you why,Norman is potrayed as a Dual-personality character and his Lair is kept hidden,it is only revealed at the end of SM2 when Harry breaks the mirror,showing it earlier would have ruined the surprise

Let me guess...do you have pics where they wore their lab coats?
Whats your point? You said Doctors dont experiment on themselves and I proved you wrong

No...take a look at the thread regarding Lizard's look. SO many people thought it was absolutely fine if a lab coat isn't worn.
And there were so many complaining about that he wasnt wearing one and they put up that cameo which satisfied both parties..except you

So you mean the big ash hole in the floor wasn't an indication already of where his lair was at?
Lizard caused havoc through the whole school,it was difficult to find the entry point
And there wasnt a huge ash hole,just the broken toilet seat and the plumbing underneath(Through which the Lizard entered)
And Lab coat at the scene gave him the idea

He could've been the Lizard when transporting the equipment.
And no one spotted a huge ash Lizard carrying so much stuff from Oscorp?
Going by its size it must have large number of employs,Oscorp I mean

When the Lizard himself wasn't finalized, they could have easily added a CGI lab coat. C'mon, think.
In one part you see him tearing off the lab coat from his body,that kind of scene cant be put on later,the movement has to be done by the decoy during the shooting

We all don't know because we don't see anything, thus what the film shows, Jameson is not harmed.

And you'd be surprised what glass can do after shattering.
Few days earlier I dropped a large glass of water while drinking and not a single shrand hit me
His chair is too far from the window for the glass to project all the way there,not to mention that it wont pierce through the plush

The way he was acting? The way he was acting doesn't indicate that Peter would have killed the murderer. Vengeance doesn't automatically mean killing.
He beat up a poor man so much just because he looked like the killer(Not to mention he wasnt even a criminal)
The way he dealth with the car jacker and his words(This could have been a lot worse) gives us a clear idea that giving him up directly to the authorities wasnt on his mind
I am pretty sure he would have killed him

Bruce Wayne never heard powerful words before his little crusade on killing the murderer
That doesnt change the fact that his intention was murder,just like Magneto

Peter Parker didn't kill anyone in S-M 1; he only gets the blame on that from me because he didn't try to save the thief.
By your own logic,technically he killed him in the police's vision

And the SYMBIOTE made Peter want to kill Marko.
Peter was angry and was screaming at Cp Stacy even when he wasnt under the influence of the symbiote
There is a reason why he became obsessed and started listening to the Radio for the whole night

I just can't get the TDKR love. I thought I was crazy after I walked out of the theatre and disliked it, but going through pretty much every forum there are a large amount of people who feel the same way. I think it's easily the worst of the trilogy.

I just can't get the TDKR love. I thought I was crazy after I walked out of the theatre and disliked it, but going through pretty much every forum there are a large amount of people who feel the same way. I think it's easily the worst of the trilogy.

I think BB is worse

The difference between TDKR and TASM in terms of quality is the same as the difference between TA and TDKR(And the difference is very little)
I would rate TA at 9, TDKR at 8.5 and TASM at 8

Well of course the difference of the three films are quality, lol.

Imo...

The Dark Knight Rises - 10/10(as my sig says)
The Avengers - 9/10
The Amazing Spider-Man - 7/10

His parents were only used as a 2 minutes flashback at the start,and as a plot device to show Peter's anguish and outcast nature and his reason to visit Dr Connors and OsCorp.Nothing else
I dont consider such a little part as 'untold'
The Villian was really a poor man's DocOck in Lizard's skin,they were only walking on familiar grounds

Which is why I feel a different type of Villian(s),someone like The Kingpin and Electro as his right hand man/Hitman would have been better.This way they wouldnt have to waste time going into detail about their origin(Electro's origin would be kept in the shadows at the start of the movie and would be shown as a brief montage when Peter snoopes around Oscorp to learn about him and a way to beat him)Thus giving more time to develop the characters of Peter Parker,Gwen Stacy etc

Electro's master plan would be to betray The Kingpin and to take over the city's power supply and change himself into Hyper-electro(with god-like powers) and ofcourse Spider-man would stop him in the end(Showdown would take place on top of Oscorp tower,Spider-man using a rubber suit and water to shot circuit him or something)
Explore more about his parents,connecting them with Norman Osborn and Spider-man exposing him and getting him arrested at the end of the movie and Oscorp closing down due to their shady experiments(Electro being one of their products who went rogue) getting exposed to the media.This would be good way to justify and showcase Norman Osborn's hatred towards Spider man in #2 rather than going after him because he rejected a team-up like we saw in SM1

Just my version...

I really don't know what I want to see in a sequel, but if the sequel had Electro or even Shocker...it would be VERY awesome. They just scream film worthy, imo. Some disagree with Shocker, but I think he could be amazing in a film. Look at Scarecrow for instance.

But...the parents, even with being shown in the film only a little, still play a part in the "untold story" that will cover in future films. Plus, they(or, mostly Richard Parker) do play a factor with everything in the movie.

Night swinging was breathtaking,but adding day swinging along with it would have been a nice contrast and would look nice(Kind of like Peter vs Harry fight in the nght sky in SM3)

Definitely agree.

Didnt feel like that to me

I thought I would feel differently when I saw TAS-M the second time, but I still felt that it seemed a bit off with the different moods of the film. I hope for a better flow in the sequel.

Your opinion.
You look like someone who puts his mind too much into costumes

I pay attention to detail. It's my gift, and my curse.

I have the same problem with the clothing choices for Gwen Stacy in TAS-M.

Spider man set in 1933? Strict no
A Spider-man movie needs a huge budget to start with and setting up the scene in the old era would only needlessly extend the budget.
Sherlock Holmes for example had a budget of almost 100M,mainly due it being set up in the previous era.
Spider man Noir's budget would go over 300M.One of the main reason why I think Miguel O'Hara as Spider-man 2099 is not possible on the big screen

I don't get how you think the budget would go over $300 million. But hey, at least with Spider-Man Noir, if given a big budget, would do better use with it than what Spider-Man 3 did with its $260 million budget :awesome:

Thats fine but saying a totally newly created love interest would have been better than Raimi's MJ is being ridiculous

It would've been better than Raimi screwing over the character of MJ.

Batman Begins - scooping around the Narrows

The Dark Knight - The bullet's fingerprints

Those were the best explanations of Nolan hinting Batman's detective skills, but still not great. And Lucius Fox being Bruce's reliance on everything didn't really help. I look forward to something different for a reboot, but as I always feel, we will never get a superhero on the big screen that covers all of the aspects of a hero.

And thats part of the character,he is a teenager and will break the promise
And he will know the horrible consequence of the Broken promise in the sequel *If you know what I mean*
So that was a good addition

So Webb's teenaged Peter is more immature than Raimi's Peter in the '02 film? That's not a GREAT thing, imo.

It was a good addition story-wise, imo, but to say Webb's Peter/Spider-Man is so incredible isn't true. It fits the story obviously, but Peter would never be so immature. And to even try to start something with Gwen when she was tending to his scars...Peter Parker would stop as soon as Gwen said stop once.

You justify Nolan's Movies having pathetic action because Batman movies never saw good action
I Justify TASM and Raimi's Spider-man having a simple plot because Spider-man movies never had a intriguing plot but you are still very critical about them due to that

Because I believe a Spider-Man film CAN have a great plot, as I've said, Spider-Man 2 came close.

When did I ever deny that?
My point is Batman can have that factor aswell and its not necessary to use CGI for that

You just said that CGI doesn't give action sequences "wow" factors when that's the reason it did give Raimi's trilogy their "wow" factor.

No one will praise Nolan's fight scenes in his right mind

And yet people love Bane vs Batman Round One in TDKR.

Only action scene where tha camera wasnt moving all over the place
I think that was the first appearance of Batman and even though the scene wasnt that creative,it was a good way to show why the criminals started to get afraid of Batman

'What the heck are you?'
*Smashes glass*
'Im Batman' *Headbutts*

Badass..

Wait, what? The dock scene was the action sequence that had the MOST movement of the camera. Are you watching the same dock scene as everyone else?

And are you saying the fight itself was good or just the dialogue between Batman and Carmine Falcone?

No because I cant find comics on the net

Google works wonders.

As a matter of fact I saw watching SM1 yesterday
The bomb that killed the board members wasnt even the same bomb,it didnt even cause an explosion,just fries them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnjyMjRaKMc&feature=related
So Goblin basically has 3 kinds of pumpkin bombs-One that explodes,Another one that turns into half-a-dozen Batrang things,and the one that emits some kind of rays that fries people along with his gliders,costume,that knife like thing he tries to stab Spider-man with,Startrek like swords,Bullets and Missiles
So he has a large Arsenal of weapons
And now you will go 'It should have been explained' No it shouldnt have been
I'll tell you why,Norman is potrayed as a Dual-personality character and his Lair is kept hidden,it is only revealed at the end of SM2 when Harry breaks the mirror,showing it earlier would have ruined the surprise

Is...that your reason why we never get an explanation of his arsenal? Because he has a dual-personality?

Whats your point? You said Doctors dont experiment on themselves and I proved you wrong

My POINT was that if a doctor is so obsessed with experimenting on themselves, WHY would they worry about some rules about wearing a lab coat?

And I see my remark of you having pictures of those doctors experimenting on themselves wearing lab coats went over your head.

And there were so many complaining about that he wasnt wearing one and they put up that cameo which satisfied both parties..except you

There's a bigger margin of people that simply wouldn't have mind if a lab coat wasn't used.

Lizard caused havoc through the whole school,it was difficult to find the entry point
And there wasnt a huge ash hole,just the broken toilet seat and the plumbing underneath(Through which the Lizard entered)
And Lab coat at the scene gave him the idea

LOL!!!!!

Spider-Man found his way all the way to the bathroom where he saw a big ash hole in the floor. The lab coat did nothing to help him find the entry point. And yes, there is a BIG ash HOLE. Watch the movie again. How else could a giant nine foot lizard walk out? By creating a ****ing hole for him to fit.

And no one spotted a huge ash Lizard carrying so much stuff from Oscorp?
Going by its size it must have large number of employs,Oscorp I mean

So we didn't get any remarks of someone spotting a giant Lizard enter OsCorp earlier in the film. But it does make sense that he would be Lizard when he transported the equipment.

In one part you see him tearing off the lab coat from his body,that kind of scene cant be put on later,the movement has to be done by the decoy during the shooting

I disagree. I think it can still be.

Few days earlier I dropped a large glass of water while drinking and not a single shrand hit me
His chair is too far from the window for the glass to project all the way there,not to mention that it wont pierce through the plush

Have someone place a glass on a desk and have you sit infront of it with your back to it while sitting on a chair and let someone smash the glass. Let's see what happens.

CAUTION: I'm not recommending you to actually do that as you will get shards of glass hitting you. Unlike what happened to Jameson.

He beat up a poor man so much just because he looked like the killer(Not to mention he wasnt even a criminal)

And that makes you assume Peter would have killed him?

The way he dealth with the car jacker and his words(This could have been a lot worse) gives us a clear idea that giving him up directly to the authorities wasnt on his mind

Or it could've just been a false threat to scare the thief.

That doesnt change the fact that his intention was murder,just like Magneto

Comparing Bruce Wayne to Magneto :doh:

By your own logic,technically he killed him in the police's vision

To the police's vision, it was a straight kill as the cops tried to stop him. But, alas, the cops in Raimi's film were so dumb that they never thought this Spider-Man was the guy they saw being inside a warehouse where a burglar fell to his death.

Peter was angry and was screaming at Cp Stacy even when he wasnt under the influence of the symbiote
There is a reason why he became obsessed and started listening to the Radio for the whole night

Again. You're assuming too much that Peter would actually kill just because he screams.

And yah...he planned on capturing Flint Marko since he said "and this man is still out there". And also that he just let the killer go during that parade day.

I wouldn't really say a large amount of people at all. In the TDKR boards, the film has 126 votes giving it a 10/10, 80 giving it a 9/10 and 40 giving it a 8/10. You can't say TAS-M received those numbers from posters.

I think BB is worse

While all three are 8 and above in my opinion, BB is the weaker of the three for sure. But that's not saying a whole lot really.

TDKR better than TASM? Absolutely. But TASM on par with BB? I think so

so in conclusion: if they stop screwing around and let the director do his vision the third might be as good as TDKR. Unlikely maybe, but possible

Sabertooth and Wolverine in anger management is a funny scene

A moment from Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon episode 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"