The Amazing Spider-Man With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
That where Kingpin comes in for me
Kingpin + Shocker would be perfect for a Mob script

Kingpin can't be used. Plus, I'd rather see Tombstone or Silvermane.

He just said that line,we still dont know if he gets back to Gwen,He probably doesnt
As the script of the sequel wasnt finalised,Webb wasnt sure whether they would together at the start in #2 or not,so he left the relationship a cliffhanger
Good decision imo,keeps options open in the Sequel's script

If we go by the video game, Peter and Gwen are still together.

Plus, either way, cliffhanger or not, that line from Peter takes out him being responsible just because Aunt May decided to say something. It was Captain Stacy's final wish. That alone should make Peter responsible enough to not tread grounds. I see how it fits story-wise, but once more, I still say it's a bad idea and that part alone itself is why Webb's Spider-Man is NOT the "definite" CB hero.

They were different,Raimi went for the Nerd version while Webb went for the outcast version
Majority of the people prefer Webb's

On the forums. Go ask the 7 billion population that you know :whatever:

Well they are pretty old so I wasnt taking them into consideration
Was taking about the modern era other wise Reeve's the best

Even in the modern era, Webb's Peter isn't the best.

Nothing special in Chris Evan's potrayal,especially in TA(He came across as arrogant to me which Captain America isnt)

Where the hell did Captain America seem arrogant? He never seemed that way, but he DID come off as the hero I'm aware of and that's what makes Evans great at the role.

Patrick Stewart's Charles Xavier wasnt the main character or the Hero,he was the supporting character

He's still ****ing Professor X. Your criteria is baffling.

Garfield is on par with Robert Downey Jr

Highly disagree.

Never heard of it..

Even if YOU didn't read it, don't bother to reply with something you're not truly aware of.

Like wise the Lab coat was a nod but you are bashing it like anything
There is no reason why I cant Bash the white eyes then

A 'nod' would be something that doesn't seem annoying as the lab coat was.

Who says you cant be creative with your hands and feet?

And how Batman wasn't? I remind you him using those pneumatic manglers at the beginning of TDK. That wasn't creative?

And as I said,ever seen a CBM movie explaning the villian's gadgets?

And as I said...Green Goblin is the only CBM villain there is. But to answer your question, no, I've never seen a Spidey film that explains GG's gadgets :o

Well I cant think of any other explanation
The 'OSCORP' sign was clearly visible after which he calls Gwen to go to OSCORP.
Dont know..I understand movies better after multiple viewings

He already knew Lizard was Dr. Connors and so did Gwen...and Connors worked at OsCorp. That lab coat does nothing. Just admit it.

Exactly..People leave logic aside for cinematic reasons on occasions..you finally understand that

But that makes sense. The lab coat "clarifying" that Lizard went through that giant hole? That is not for cinematic reasons. The hole is clarification enough.

I hope YOU finally understand this.

Which is why no injuries are shown on Jameson..Because the focus in that scene is the spectacular fashion in which Goblin bursts through and demands the photographer's name..they couldnt have shown sharpnel sticking out of Jameson's back.

I didn't know I said there should be glass sticking out of Jameson's back. I said there should've been some damage shown on Jameson and only this. That doesn't mean pieces of glass stuck in his back :dry:

Another reason is that it was strictly a kid's movie,they had them edit the whole Final Fight to remove Spidey spitting blood when he is punched,would they have allowed a sharpnel injury?? Hell no

But they would show skeletons in a kid's movie. Your logic makes no sense on what can and what can't fit in a kid's film. Skeletons work, but too much blood doesn't? :funny:

No its not,its written by professional climbers and they know their shtick

And all the following comments say the same thing...full of climbing jargon to prove their position when it's a film that takes liberties. Full on nitpicking at its finest. Maybe when they're directing a film, they will realize that liberties do need to be taken.

No its not
Its a whole lot easier to change the ending rather than reshoot an entire CGI scene
So thats my hypothesis,Nolan chickened out and changed the ending.Disprove that

Christopher Nolan has been known to film what he wants to use on film, Sony has been known to always change as we've seen with Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man. There ya go.

And ofcourse the police would tell all their open cases to the newspapers

When an investigation is open, there will be a journalist that finds this stuff out. Investigative journalism is what it's called :up:

You are being ridiculous..They dont go..'Hey that guy was wearing a red T-shirt and blue pants so he is probably the superhero swinging around'
You cant put up arrest warrants like that.They are not idiots like the Gotham police who hire a masked vigilante to interrogate a high profile criminal.They wont go blaming very murder done by someone dressed red and blue on spider-man

They can bring out warrants to question. What's wrong with this?

Because he says that he made it in SM2 and we see him designing the costume in drawing
We dont see him designing the prototype suit.He probably bought it from a store and used it initially while his main suit was in production.
Its something any teenager can buy.Ski mask,T-Shirt and pants.That too very common colours

Lol. It's hilarious as you try to make your point.

If you really think Peter bought the shirt like this already

tumblr_locfh3dljD1qel770.jpg

it's just hilarious.

Didnt it in that chase in BB?

He quieted the engine while turning the lights off. It didn't turn invisible.

And how did he travel without money?

How did he travel after his meeting with Falcone? He ran off to a boat and he could've done the same and swam his way to Gotham without having to even pass through a bridge.

Still different from Amazing

Have you seen TSSM? I'm going to start asking as sometimes you make a mention of something you've never seen or read before.

Ah when you assume

Didn't...didn't I say that first?

Deja vu...

And I gave the Avengers 9
Last I heard 9 was bigger than 8.5 so how does that translate to saying TDKR the best comic book movie of the year?

Didn't know we were talking about Avengers...only TDKR and TAS-M there buddy.

I "beat" The Lost Archive only to discover I need to get the collectibles to truly beat it. I'm moving on to Rage now, then Darksiders 2, once I beat those two games and I have time, I might go back to Revelations and truly beat TLA and beat the other Desmond missions.

I "beat" The Lost Archive only to discover I need to get the collectibles to truly beat it. I'm moving on to Rage now, then Darksiders 2, once I beat those two games and I have time, I might go back to Revelations and truly beat TLA and beat the other Desmond missions.

if you really wanna know...
I think the part with the collectibles is a message from Clay to his dad or something

Waiting for TASM to be released on PC, decided to play USM, and downloaded a save file with all costumes unlocked
Man, control during those trick races can sometimes be a b****

Waiting for TASM to be released on PC, decided to play USM, and downloaded a save file with all costumes unlocked
Man, control during those trick races can sometimes be a b****
It's not too fond of you either.

Kingpin can't be used. Plus, I'd rather see Tombstone or Silvermane.
His rights are with sony

If we go by the video game, Peter and Gwen are still together.
Movie Video games are spin-offs
Vulture appeared in the movie game of SM1 yet he was rumoured to be in SM4

cliffhanger or not, that line from Peter takes out him being responsible just because Aunt May decided to say something. It was Captain Stacy's final wish. That alone should make Peter responsible enough to not tread grounds. I see how it fits story-wise, but once more, I still say it's a bad idea and that part alone itself is why Webb's Spider-Man is NOT the "definite" CB hero.
Respect your opinion if you felt it was out of place
And no,one line doesnt disqualify him like that
Webb nailed several aspects of his character at thats there for everybody to see

On the forums. Go ask the 7 billion population that you know :whatever:
Just read the reviews mate,even the most negative ones praise Andrew Garfield and the character of Peter Parker

Even in the modern era, Webb's Peter isn't the best.
Who is better than him?

Where the hell did Captain America seem arrogant?
He was fighting with Tony Stark like a little kid,he even challenged him to a duel,The comic book version would never to such a thing

He's still ****ing Professor X. Your criteria is baffling.
I am comparing comic book heroes portrayed on the big screen as the main character Sheesh...Professor X was a supporting character..
Compare Peter Parker to McAvoy's Prof X if you want to

A 'nod' would be something that doesn't seem annoying as the lab coat was.
White eyes where a LOT more annoying to me

And how Batman wasn't? I remind you him using those pneumatic manglers at the beginning of TDK. That wasn't creative?
I meant during combat
During other scenes he was creative enough..The Swat chase and capturing Lau etc

And as I said...Green Goblin is the only CBM villain there is. But to answer your question, no, I've never seen a Spidey film that explains GG's gadgets :o
And you never will

[QUOTEBut that makes sense. The lab coat "clarifying" that Lizard went through that giant hole? That is not for cinematic reasons. The hole is clarification enough.[/QUOTE]
I wasnt talking about the Lab Coat when I said that

I didn't know I said there should be glass sticking out of Jameson's back. I said there should've been some damage shown on Jameson and only this. That doesn't mean pieces of glass stuck in his back :dry:
What then?
And should they take a shot of his back just to show his injuries?

But they would show skeletons in a kid's movie. Your logic makes no sense on what can and what can't fit in a kid's film. Skeletons work, but too much blood doesn't?
Ask the sensor boards
They made them edit it out

Full on nitpicking at its finest.
Which is EXACTLY what you have been doing

Christopher Nolan has been known to film what he wants to use on film, Sony has been known to always change as we've seen with Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man. There ya go.
That isnt disproving it
Nolan chickened out and changed the ending

When an investigation is open, there will be a journalist that finds this stuff out. Investigative journalism is what it's called
He doesnt find out because the police wont suspect Spider man just like that

They can bring out warrants to question. What's wrong with this?
No,They need strong evidence to do that
And the guy wearing same colour clothes is not strong evidence

Lol. It's hilarious as you try to make your point.

If you really think Peter bought the shirt like this already
Just google 'Spider T-shirt'
You will find hundreds of example on what you can find in a store

He quieted the engine while turning the lights off. It didn't turn invisible.
You're right!!
And they still lost sight of him,how incredibly stupid Nolan made Gotham's police

How did he travel after his meeting with Falcone? He ran off to a boat and he could've done the same and swam his way to Gotham without having to even pass through a bridge.
So they should have shown that
Hundred times more important to clarify that instead of showing injuries on Jameson's back(That rhymes :D)

Didn't know we were talking about Avengers...only TDKR and TAS-M there buddy.
Well TDKR isnt the best CBM of the year

Last edited:
How do you discover that Lucy killed Subject 16?

i don´t remember but she just promised him that he will be safe or something but then he dies and Vidic influences her to think that the assassins abandoned her and betray Desmond for the POE in Rome

His rights are with sony

Aren't they with FOX still while FOX owns Daredevil?

Movie Video games are spin-offs
Vulture appeared in the movie game of SM1 yet he was rumoured to be in SM4

Yet Beenox have said many times their game is in continuity, no one said that of the old Spidey games.

Respect your opinion if you felt it was out of place
And no,one line doesnt disqualify him like that
Webb nailed several aspects of his character at thats there for everybody to see

Many aspects, I agree, but far from the best representation though.

Just read the reviews mate,even the most negative ones praise Andrew Garfield and the character of Peter Parker

And praise is fine, but show me one that says he's BETTER than Tobey Maguire.

Who is better than him?

Depends on who you can count for the 'modern era'. If that excludes Michael Keaton, then let me bring in Perlman, Stewart, Bale, RDJ.

He was fighting with Tony Stark like a little kid,he even challenged him to a duel,The comic book version would never to such a thing

Captain America and Iron Man ALWAYS fought like that dude.

I am comparing comic book heroes portrayed on the big screen as the main character Sheesh...Professor X was a supporting character..
Compare Peter Parker to McAvoy's Prof X if you want to

Again...your criteria is annoying as heck.

White eyes where a LOT more annoying to me

Okay. Then it's annoying to you. To me, it was a great nod to the cartoon.

I meant during combat
During other scenes he was creative enough..The Swat chase and capturing Lau etc

And he used those manglers during combat.

And you never will

Sadly, you're right.

I wasnt talking about the Lab Coat when I said that

Lol, trying to erase what you said? You definitely said the lab coat gave Peter clarification of where Lizard went.

What then?
And should they take a shot of his back just to show his injuries?

Jameson should at least got some cuts and marks on him, but NOT glass sticking out of his skin.

Ask the sensor boards
They made them edit it out

Then the censor board is ****ing ridiculous.

Which is EXACTLY what you have been doing

Silly nitpicking that go against directing liberties? No...no, I really haven't.

That isnt disproving it
Nolan chickened out and changed the ending

:lmao:

Then Sony still likes to please crying little *****y fanboys :o

Good thing we have some studios that let their directors do what they please :up:

He doesnt find out because the police wont suspect Spider man just like that

Actually...they would. A vigilante would cause for all questions, but Raimi just never went that route when it should be.

No,They need strong evidence to do that
And the guy wearing same colour clothes is not strong evidence

A lot of investigations start by the smallest detail that grows to be strong evidence.

Just google 'Spider T-shirt'
You will find hundreds of example on what you can find in a store

In a world where there was never a comic book about Spider-Man, that shirt would not exist.

And good job...I found nothing like that shirt

http://www.google.com/search?q=spider+t-shirt&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=tAMjULnqDsaZiALUtYGoBw&ved=0CEUQ_AUoAQ&biw=1444&bih=923&sei=tQMjULLRL-nriwLW64DwDg

You're right!!
And they still lost sight of him,how incredibly stupid Nolan made Gotham's police

Yah, they're stupid alright :doh:

did you even watch the scene at all? At least once? They only lost track of the Tumbler for a moment.

[YT]jZicrp_p4BE[/YT]

So they should have shown that
Hundred times more important to clarify that instead of showing injuries on Jameson's back(That rhymes :D)

No, they shouldn't have shown it because it adds to the build up when we see Bruce in Gotham after he escaped the pit.

Well TDKR isnt the best CBM of the year

One of the best. Sadly the only "best" CBMs of the year is between two films, not three :awesome:

During the Lost Archives in the 'Truth' one we find out Lucy's deception. While being a mole inside Abstergo for the Assassins, she slowly become an agent for Abstergo because they helped her out in so many situations, so Lucy's loyalty changed.

Yeah. I'm just gonna look up the Wiki.

How's everyone?

Hey, guys. I really need your help with this one.

I'm looking to spraypaint a design onto my guitar case and I'm looking for a stencil of the Amazing Spider-Man emblem.

The case is made of some textured fabric. Tolex, I think.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Am I the only one who finds these boards even more annoying now than before the release? Still, I visit this place on a daily basis. I guess I subconsciously is my own villain.

Am I the only one who finds these boards even more annoying now than before the release? Still, I visit this place on a daily basis. I guess I subconsciously is my own villain.
What makes them annoying?

Too many people here at SHH! act like pretentious, spoiled brats. They simply think too high of themselves I feel. There are exceptions, of course, such as UltimateWebhead among others. But the annoying people are the "loudest" unfortunately.

I guess I understand the "spoiled" part. We just got three huge, hyped-up superhero movies. Our stomachs are full with content.

I guess I understand the "spoiled" part. We just got three huge, hyped-up superhero movies. Our stomachs are full with content.

Well yeah, I guess we're all a bit spoiled this year ;) But some people here really seem to think they're the center of the universe at times.

They don't realize there are plenty of other great superhero movies in the sea :whatever:

Speaking of which, I really want to watch the first two X-Men movies again, plus First Class. I adore all three of those. I just want to get into X-Men in-general.

They don't realize there are plenty of other great superhero movies in the sea :whatever:

Speaking of which, I really want to watch the first two X-Men movies again, plus First Class. I adore all three of those. I just want to get into X-Men in-general.

Oh, I meant that those people think they themselves are the center of the universe at times. People here argue with others as if their taste in films is the number one rule in nature. Sure, it's hard not to come off that way at times, but I try to be as open minded to others as I possibly can and have a two-way-discussion, but some people at this place just aren't capable of doing that I think. (And yes, you're also one of the good posters here). But you're totally right, some people seem to think there's only ASM or Raimi's trilogy or Nolan's Batman films around, especially the latter.

You should definitely watch them again! I love those films as well! The first film may not be perfect by any means, but it still has its charm. Ian McKellen really shines as Magneto! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"