The Amazing Spider-Man With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spectacular Spidey Vol 2 #14 I love it because of how Joey identifies with Spidey and vice versa and sees beyond Pete's put on smile to see the deep sadness inside...just a beautiful beautiful comic with Rivera on art and Paul Jenkins on writing

Coffin is the opening installment of Kraven's last hunt and whilst having amazing art, also has great writing with the use of a Spider-fied version of a William Blake poem.

Kraven's last hunt is incredible.

Will pick up SSM vol.2 #14 on your advice :)

Kraven's last hunt is incredible.

Will pick up SSM vol.2 #14 on your advice :)
"Spyder, spyder burning bright.." ;)

Do, there should be a few copies of it in great nick on Ebay

who could not want this?
SPECSM014006p3-4_col.jpg

"Spyder, spyder burning bright.." ;)

Do, there should be a few copies of it in great nick on Ebay

who could not want this?
SPECSM014006p3-4_col.jpg

I'm already sold there's no need to further push home the sale ;)

Greatest Story: Amazing Spider-Man #500

Favorite Story: Leah. It still brings a tear to my eye when I read it.

I don't know about the greatest, but one of my favorites is The Agony of Defeat.

It's one of those stories where we see Spidey being developed and growing as a character, and the villain responsible for that was Rhino, one of my favorites.

Favorite Story: Leah. It still brings a tear to my eye when I read it.

Hadn't heard about that one before so I checked it out. Found the six page story on a blog.

I got teary eyed as well! I love such stories! Thanks for posting about it! :up:

What happens in both stories?
Is ASM 500 the one where Aunt May dies?
ASM 500 is Happy Birthday, which was during the Romita/Strazynski days, which is one of my favorites. I'm not big on telling people what happens in stories, so you'll have to read it to find out.

Leah, however, well....here. It's 6 pages, and I expect to hear about you cryin'.
http://www.hoarr.com/post/51790257/leah-spider

Hadn't heard about that one before so I checked it out. Found the six page story on a blog.

I got teary eyed as well! I love such stories! Thanks for posting about it! :up:
No probs :)

woah, I got misty eyed reading that, thanks for the heads up SymbioticToxin :up:

Greatest: I will have to agree with AF #15

Favorite: The Living Brain. Never fails to make me laugh
Great advice. Got it yesterday (hardcover) Fantastic read :up:

DR: The List;
TPB - 13.99
Hardcover - 15.99

Does that make sense to anyone? The over sized hardcover is a mere £2 more, why would anyone buy the trade?
Glad you enjoyed it

And that's a good question

Just saw there's a Sandman: Year One story (where Leah is included). I also know there's a Doctor Octopus: Year One out there.

I'm very interested to know if there are any more villain year one stories because I'd love to see some of those.

I read Doctor Octopus: Year One awhile ago, and I know I have it somewhere. It's pretty interesting, I recommend it.

Who's the writer and who's the artist? From what year?

61-AIfYIjmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My very first comic book and I still love it to this day.

A question to the board what do you think is the greatest ever Spider-Man story and what is your favorite ever Spider-Man story?

for me
Greatest Spidey story ever;
AF #15

Favorite Spidey story ever;
The kid who collected Spider-Man (I actually cried at the end of the comic).

Spider-Man Blue is my absolute favorite.

Not me

What actor(s)/actress(es) you like most of their movies? I have my list:
Hugh Grant
Sandra Bullock
Antonio Banderas
Jason Statham (the first Expendables is a bore)
Michael Keaton

Oh my god Ifan's face hahahahahahaha!!!

Spectacular Spider-Man v2 has its downs (like Billy's age in A Lizard's Tale, still a 10 years old and Spidey met him at that age when Peter was 16 or a little older?), but I found it pretty fun

Spectacular Spider-Man v2 has its downs (like Billy's age in A Lizard's Tale, still a 10 years old and Spidey met him at that age when Peter was 16 or a little older?), but I found it pretty fun

Personally speaking I think aging the character of Peter/Spider-Man is a mistake. I also think of Peter as a kid and in the main title of Spidey he is mid 20's, right? Batman and Superman will forever be 30 years old, for me Peter should forever be in his mid to late teens. Probably why I enjoy Ultimate much more than Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"