The Amazing Spider-Man With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although, not to be the bearer of bad news...an Ultimate Edition of the trilogy will be out next year, so it may have been a waste of money. I only picked up TDKR by itself on Blu-ray after knowing about the UE.

Absolutely. I'll be picking that one up next year as well. I decided not to buy TDKR until then.

I won't care that much about it, all I really care for is the movie
I can find some of the extra content on youtube

Ya know what other Superman villain I'd like to see? Parasite. Especially if they make him like the Superman TAS version.

So I'm watching that 12 12 12 concert....man, Kanye used to be good.

College Dropout and Late Registration were amazing CDs, Graduation was okay but then it went all downhill from then on out.

Really think his mother's death and his break up with Alexis Phifer really ****ed him up emotionally, mentally, etc.

Absolutely. I'll be picking that one up next year as well. I decided not to buy TDKR until then.

Why would you pick up a trilogy box set if you think TDKR was a disappointment? :cwink:

Last edited:
Watching the 12/12/12 concert too. Paul McCartney is killing it. Helter Skelter is such an awesome song, glad he opened with it.

Why would you pick up a trilogy box set if you think TDKR was a disappointment? :cwink:

See! This is the kind of response that you should have given when you decided to quote my post when I said that I thought TDKR was a disappointment instead of just throwing ASM under the bus as you usually do.

But, to answer your question...I did find TDKR to be a disappointment only because I had such high hopes or expectations for the film. It failed to deliver on those, however, I still found the movie overall to be enjoyable enough that it didn't harm the trilogy. Does that make sense? TDKR is by far the weaker of the three but the DK trilogy is now one of my fav trilogies and a weak-er 3rd entry will not stop me from purchasing the trilogy. Capiche?

See! This is the kind of response that you should have given when you decided to quote my post when I said that I thought TDKR was a disappointment instead of just throwing ASM under the bus as you usually do.

What? I didn't even know you were ever getting TDKR until you just said that.

Give me a break for not being able to see into the future :oldrazz:

But, to answer your question...I did find TDKR to be a disappointment only because I had such high hopes or expectations for the film. It failed to deliver on those, however, I still found the movie overall to be enjoyable enough that it didn't harm the trilogy. Does that make sense? TDKR is by far the weaker of the three but the DK trilogy is now one of my fav trilogies and a weak-er 3rd entry will not stop me from purchasing the trilogy. Capiche?

No, lol. By looking at my Blu-ray/DVD collection, I can't say I own a film that I feel disappointed by or would ruin a trilogy(hence why I don't own the prequel Star Wars trilogy).

Why do I drink soda from one time to another when I see all there is about it is short lived good flavor?

What? I didn't even know you were ever getting TDKR until you just said that.

Give me a break for not being able to see into the future :oldrazz:

I was referring to the post a couple of pages ago when I responded to a video and said that TDKR was a disappointment. Your reply to my post was something along the lines of "what does that make TASM?" It wasn't an appropriate response to my post.

No, lol. By looking at my Blu-ray/DVD collection, I can't say I own a film that I feel disappointed by or would ruin a trilogy(hence why I don't own the prequel Star Wars trilogy).

You misunderstood me. IMO, TDKR did NOT ruin the trilogy and therefore I will be purchasing it.

I was referring to the post a couple of pages ago when I responded to a video and said that TDKR was a disappointment. Your reply to my post was something along the lines of "what does that make TASM?" It wasn't an appropriate response to my post.

I am aware of this, but as I said. Why would I ask why you're still buying TDKR when I didn't know until now? See? As I said, I can't look into the future.

Plus, I ask that because saying TDKR is a disappointment is definitely low brow since you're saying this after a Honest Trailer trailer that doesn't even make sense when they're making fun of TAS-M or Avengers.

You misunderstood me. IMO, TDKR did NOT ruin the trilogy and therefore I will be purchasing it.

I guess I can't wrap my mind on something being a disappointment and not ruining a trilogy.

Spider-Man 3 was a disappointment and ruined Raimi's trilogy, hence why I only own Spider-Man 2(and probably getting Spider-Man pretty soon once again).

Plus, I ask that because saying TDKR is a disappointment is definitely low brow since you're saying this after a Honest Trailer trailer that doesn't even make sense when they're making fun of TAS-M or Avengers.

Have I done anything in the past the would warrant calling me a 'low brow' type poster? I was commenting on the video about TDKR. Simple as that.

I guess I can't wrap my mind on something being a disappointment and not ruining a trilogy.

Spider-Man 3 was a disappointment and ruined Raimi's trilogy, hence why I only own Spider-Man 2(and probably getting Spider-Man pretty soon once again).

I still found TDKR to be enjoyable even though it failed to meet expectations. SM3 is a different story. That movie was a complete disaster. The only reason I happen to own a copy of SM3, as I've said before many times, is because initially when the movies came available on Bluray they were only purchaseable as a trilogy.

Have I done anything in the past the would warrant calling me a 'low brow' type poster? I was commenting on the video about TDKR. Simple as that.

lol. TDKR was a disappointment.

That didn't sound like it was towards the trailer at all except for the 'lol'.

And nor did I say you've done anything low brow; only said THAT remark was low brow.

I still found TDKR to be enjoyable even though it failed to meet expectations. SM3 is a different story. That movie was a complete disaster. The only reason I happen to own a copy of SM3, as I've said before many times, is because initially when the movies came available on Bluray they were only purchaseable as a trilogy.

Hrm, to each their own. I never thought someone could enjoy a film when it didn't meet their expectations. But, as I said, to each their own.

That didn't sound like it was towards the trailer at all except for the 'lol'.

There was a reasoning behind my comment; it wasn't flame based. That could have been resolved much easier had you attempted to qualify my statement. I think it could have been seen as a flame-based or baiting type comment had I targeted you in some way, which I did not.

And nor did I say you've done anything low brow; only said THAT remark was low brow.

For as much crap as you are given on these boards for laying into ASM...I would think you could see fit to give me some leeway when commenting on a video. I still don't think the comment was low brow. That's not my style.

Hrm, to each their own. I never thought someone could enjoy a film when it didn't meet their expectations. But, as I said, to each their own.

Disappointing has various levels imo. There's the utter failure of such movies as SM3 or even the Star Wars prequels as you made mention of (another set of films I do not own). TDKR was still a decent movie despite it's shortcomings.

There was a reasoning behind my comment; it wasn't flame based. That could have been resolved much easier had you attempted to qualify my statement. I think it could have been seen as a flame-based or baiting type comment had I targeted you in some way, which I did not.

But once again, I didn't know you were even getting TDKR as you've already said before you didn't like the film. One usually doesn't get a Blu-ray of a movie they don't like.

For as much crap as you are given on these boards for laying into ASM...I would think you could see fit to give me some leeway when commenting on a video. I still don't think the comment was low brow. That's not my style.

Sure, I could, but as someone who also has a dislike for Honest Trailers in general and someone who replied with that video, one would say something as I did. I even mentioned that I hate Honest Trailers' stuff before.

Disappointing has various levels imo. There's the utter failure of such movies as SM3 or even the Star Wars prequels as you made mention of (another set of films I do not own). TDKR was still a decent movie despite it's shortcomings.

Still confusing, but if you understand your own logic, then kudos, haha. I just have one level of disappointment, lol.

But once again, I didn't know you were even getting TDKR as you've already said before you didn't like the film. One usually doesn't get a Blu-ray of a movie they don't like.

I honestly wish I liked TDKR more but I don't hate it. Far from that actually. It's just not nearly as good as I hoped, thus the disappointment. I still don't own BB nor TDK for that matter and purchasing this upcoming trilogy will be a welcome addition to my collection.

Sure, I could, but as someone who also has a dislike for Honest Trailers in general and someone who replied with that video, one would say something as I did. I even mentioned that I hate Honest Trailers' stuff before.

I didn't know you had a hatred/dislike for Honest Trailers. I can understand why, I suppose, but I don't take it seriously. It's just funny satirical nonsense.

Still confusing, but if you understand your own logic, then kudos, haha. I just have one level of disappointment, lol.

There's various levels of 'dislike' just as there are various levels of 'like.' So, no, it's not confusing to me at all. :cwink:

I honestly wish I liked TDKR more but I don't hate it. Far from that actually. It's just not nearly as good as I hoped, thus the disappointment. I still don't own BB nor TDK for that matter and purchasing this upcoming trilogy will be a welcome addition to my collection.

Another reason why you're probably getting the trilogy box set. I see, lol. So it's not just to get a film that you deem disappointing, haha.

I didn't know you had a hatred/dislike for Honest Trailers. I can understand why, I suppose, but I don't take it seriously. It's just funny satirical nonsense.

I just find them not funny. And to make fun of Batman's "throat cancer" voice in the TDK and TDKR trailers when the voice they use for the trailers feels like nails scratching a chalkboard. Needless to say, I don't find them funny. Even with a movie I didn't like myself(TAS-M), it wasn't funny at all.

There's various levels of 'dislike' just as there are various levels of 'like.' So, no, it's not confusing to me at all. :cwink:

Once again, confusing, lol. I just have 'like' as I have just 'dislike', lol.

I kinda feel you could have Luthor and Metallo in a movie together. After all, they both use kryptonite *Metallo using it a bit more to function*, and it looks like the military are gonna be a bit weary of Supes, so it could work if you do it right.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Man of Steel - Zod

Man of Steel 2 - Lex , Metallo or Brainiac

Justice League - Darkseid , Lex

Man of Steel 3- Doomsday

I'm on your side Webhead! You're still one of the few good posters here.

"Instead of just throwing ASM under the bus as you usually do" really hit the nail there!

Also, there's nothing confusing about having levels of disappointment. A film might not meet ones' expectations but can still be enjoyable. Hobbit is an example of that to many people it seems. A film might have the chance of being a "masterpiece" but ends up being "just good". That doesn't mean the film is unwatchable.

Ya know what other Superman villain I'd like to see? Parasite. Especially if they make him like the Superman TAS version.

story like TAS, design something like this

Parasite.png

I'm on your side Webhead! You're still one of the few good posters here.

"Instead of just throwing ASM under the bus as you usually do" really hit the nail there!

Also, there's nothing confusing about having levels of disappointment. A film might not meet ones' expectations but can still be enjoyable. Hobbit is an example of that to many people it seems. A film might have the chance of being a "masterpiece" but ends up being "just good". That doesn't mean the film is unwatchable.

Is this necessary? UltimateWebhead and I are speaking. No need to say "Oh, you really hit the nail there!" :whatever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"