The Amazing Spider-Man 2 With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm late for the party but I read somewhere that the music in the trailer is in fact part of Zimmer's score. :up:

Man of Steel is EASILY my most anticipated film of this year. And that comes from someone who has never liked Superman that much until now (except when I was a little kid, I loved the first Reeves films).

I didn't really like Superman too much. I slightly enjoyed Returns, it's alright. I always thought he was too overpowered. But now I'm really coming around to him, and I'm starting to really like him. I want to read some graphic novels with him.

If you need help finding some good stories to read, head over here:

http://comraderecs.tumblr.com/

There are a lot of lists here that should help you get started reading books of whatever character you're interested in.

It's a shame the last good Superman film was decades ago. While Superman Returns has some amazing scenes(the plane rescue, Lex Luthor and his men attacking Supes on the kryptonite landmass), I just never cared about the movie as a whole, and I just hated Superman III and IV...really hoping Man of Steel places Superman back on top. And I'm just loving everything. The way they're handling Superman, Krypton being a more subterranean planet and the idea that Kal-El is really an illegal child, Zimmer's score that has a great tribal feeling that builds up to something is just monumental and epic and not even trying to rival Williams' work(the same with Zimmer's work on TDK trilogy...some new and exciting that wasn't just to rival Elfman's). Really good stuff :up:

Lol, that entire scene wasn't good, but these two parts got to me:

- Superman starts feeling the effects of the kryptonite everywhere and at one moment Superman is on the ground and one of the guards grabs his head and just drags him and everytime I even think about the scene, it gets to me for some reason. I've never understood why, but seeing Superman being forcefully dragged tugs on my feelings.

- Lex Luthor stabs Superman with the shard of kryptonite and you really, finally, feel for the hero. I did NOT care about him having a son and what not but him being stabbed by a piece of kryptonite was haunting.

Fix the link as it gave me a headache trying to find it, lol. You have two HTTP's.

If you want the best of Superman origins in my opinion read Superman: Birthright and Superman: Secret Origins. Classic hardback books.

I just gotta find a place to buy these comics. My library has some that you can borrow, so that's cool.

Read All Star Superman. Most people come out the other way baptized to Superman's relevance and greatness after reading that masterpiece. And the best part? It's one of the most outlandish versions of the character ever. Superman is at his best when he is at his most powerful, contrary to popular assumptions regarding him.

2407192-19256-am30im1_super.jpg

I'm excited for Iron Man 3, not so much Man of Steel.

I'm excited for both, but I'm definitely anticipating MoS more. It looks so good. That's even an understatement.

Definitely MOS more. IM3 could be great, but I still have my doubts as I'm iffy with how a third installment will be with a new director and I'm still iffy on Sir Ben Kinglsey's approach to The Mandarin. Still, it appears The Telegraph gave IM3 a 4 out of 5 stars, so it may be pretty good. They had given TDKR a perfect score last year, so they know what they're talking about.

I am more excited of what MOS can become though. It's a new beginning, finally a new tale of Superman that I hope will only be a trilogy and not the beginning of some expanded universe.

Definitely MOS more. IM3 could be great, but I still have my doubts as I'm iffy with how a third installment will be with a new director and I'm still iffy on Sir Ben Kinglsey's approach to The Mandarin. Still, it appears The Telegraph gave IM3 a 4 out of 5 stars, so it may be pretty good. They had given TDKR a perfect score last year, so they know what they're talking about.

I am more excited of what MOS can become though. It's a new beginning, finally a new tale of Superman that I hope will only be a trilogy and not the beginning of some expanded universe.

as they did for TASM so , watch out....

But TDKR doesn't deserve a perfect score.. I'd give The Dark Knight trilogy as a whole a 4/5. The Dark Knight being the best one. However, I feel like the trilogy is overhyped, and I get that feeling with Man of Steel as well.. I dunno, I think I have a problem with Nolan's movie tones (barring Inception, that movie is gold), and from the trailers I can feel it bleeding in even though he's only a producer. It might also be because I don't really like Superman (my favorite superheroes being Spider-Man and Batman, with Superman being one of my least favorite).

Iron Man 3 excites me though, I love the new armors, the reception to it is amazing so far, and -- although it has nothing to do with the movie itself -- I love the way the "inspired by" soundtrack has a lot of my favorite bands. That and I love Iron Man and the way RDJ plays Tony.

i'm seeing iron man 3 in approx. 30 hrs!!

for free no less, and before the general public do :D

wouldn't dream of it man. i hate people like that. i've been avoiding spoilers for a while now.

as they did for TASM so , watch out....

Oh...:csad:

Ehhh, I guess I should've been more specific. I'm speaking on CBMs, but also, Skyfall doesn't really count anyways as they always switch up the directors.

But TDKR doesn't deserve a perfect score.. I'd give The Dark Knight trilogy as a whole a 4/5. The Dark Knight being the best one. However, I feel like the trilogy is overhyped, and I get that feeling with Man of Steel as well.. I dunno, I think I have a problem with Nolan's movie tones (barring Inception, that movie is gold), and from the trailers I can feel it bleeding in even though he's only a producer. It might also be because I don't really like Superman (my favorite superheroes being Spider-Man and Batman, with Superman being one of my least favorite).

Iron Man 3 excites me though, I love the new armors, the reception to it is amazing so far, and -- although it has nothing to do with the movie itself -- I love the way the "inspired by" soundtrack has a lot of my favorite bands. That and I love Iron Man and the way RDJ plays Tony.

TDKR definitely deserves a perfect score. A few flaws doesn't take away the bigger picture of what the film was.

i'm seeing iron man 3 in approx. 30 hrs!!

for free no less, and before the general public do :D

Nice :up:

Will you be able to let us know what you think of it or not yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"