The Amazing Spider-Man 2 With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging

Status
Not open for further replies.
IM3 seems like a film who normal guy(non-CB fans) would love but the Comic-book fans may not like because of the way they dealt with 'certain' aspects

MOS looks great with the latest trailer but I would still be cautious.Snyder knows how to cut a great trailer

just got my hard copy ticket to the adelaide premiere of iron man 3. awesome times.

24 hrs baby.

Snyder really has a unique visual style which I love! You can instantly see when he's the director!

Though I hated Suckerpunch, I like 300 and Watchmen and this looks great!

Been watching TSSM alot now lately. Reminds me how absolutely awesome it is! Easily the best treatment Spidey's ever got! It's a crime that it got cancelled!

Anyway, the more I watch it, the more I wish to see something with that exact tone, fun and spectacular action on the big screen! Even though Raimi's action is amazing, I think the ones in TSSM are even better and even more imaginative!

The closest to that on the big screen IMO is The Avengers. Makes me wish Joss Whedon got to direct a Spidey movie :(

I read some spoilers to Iron Man 3 and [BLACKOUT]the "big twist"[/BLACKOUT]

And....
****, I wish I didn't :csad:

Been watching TSSM alot now lately. Reminds me how absolutely awesome it is! Easily the best treatment Spidey's ever got! It's a crime that it got cancelled!

Anyway, the more I watch it, the more I wish to see something with that exact tone, fun and spectacular action on the big screen! Even though Raimi's action is amazing, I think the ones in TSSM are even better and even more imaginative!

The closest to that on the big screen IMO is The Avengers. Makes me wish Joss Whedon got to direct a Spidey movie :(

The Spectacular Spider-Man is definitely the best version of Spidey to date, even surpassing Raimi's first two films which I adore. And just like you, I really hope for a very TSSM-esque series of Spidey later on in life.

Yeah, that IM3 twist. I just gotta see how it's executed, otherwise I don't really like it.

me neither i mean is like showing a bunch of scenes in a trailer that were hinting a big reveal and they never were in the movie...oh wait

Yah, because it's not like they were also trying to make it seem like Kingsley's version was a badass...oh wait...

Last edited:
Woah, Anno. Might want to tag that, you're going into a little bit of detail. Just watching out for others.

Whoopsie. I totally forgot to tag it...hopefully no one saw it that didn't want to be spoiled.

Sorry guise :csad:

So yeah, they tease that Ben Kingsley is gonna be a BAMF as Mandarin and now he's a mother****ing decoy? I am a sad panda.

It's two things that really irritate me:

1.) Kingsley's Mandarin is only a voice to be heard in the promos to Stark and to others, like the President, and never really, truly a threat.

2.) They combined two villains into one, once again in an Iron Man flick with making Killan the Mandarin.

So yeah, they tease that Ben Kingsley is gonna be a BAMF as Mandarin and now he's a mother****ing decoy? I am a sad panda.
i bet more than 50% of the people will end really angry if is not well excecuted and or explained because i mean the promos advertise "THE MANDARIN" as the villain, im really sad

I mean to be fair, Mandarin is still in the movie, but it's not Kingsley and it just feels cheap. The whole thing feels cheap ATM.

Of course Mandarin is in the movie, but now the real version is this suit and tie kind of villain while the decoy was an actor...it's just combining the ideas from BB and TDKR: the decoy(Kingsley's character), the deception of who the real villain is(Talia in TDKR, who for the most part, was a "suit and tie" character), but it's just ten times worse...I mean, at least the decoy in BB died early on and the reveal of the real Ra's al Ghul felt nice and didn't over dramatize things and at least Bane was a real threat in TDKR.

Plus, I mentioned this to someone earlier...how did the Ten Rings become what it is with a scientist backing it up? What are the motives of a doctor creating a terrorist organization? Just so dang confusing.

Oh s*it I saw one of the spoiler tags.

Now.....

130192263083.jpg

Of course Mandarin is in the movie, but now the real version is this suit and tie kind of villain while the decoy was an actor...it's just combining the ideas from BB and TDKR: the decoy(Kingsley's character), the deception of who the real villain is(Talia in TDKR, who for the most part, was a "suit and tie" character), but it's just ten times worse...I mean, at least the decoy in BB died early on and the reveal of the real Ra's al Ghul felt nice and didn't over dramatize things and at least Bane was a real threat in TDKR.

Plus, I mentioned this to someone earlier...how did the Ten Rings become what it is with a scientist backing it up? What are the motives of a doctor creating a terrorist organization? Just so dang confusing.

I guess it's not the second coming of comic book movies as a lot of people, mainly CBM.com users, have been hyping it up to be. It would be kind of ironic if The Wolverine winds up being the most critically acclaimed CBM of the year lol hopefully this'll shut some of the Marvel Studios fanboys up, but I doubt it. They'll probably just defend the movie as say it's "misunderstood" or "underrated". I hope it turns out good, but that twist is pretty disappointing.

Yeah, that twist seems pretty lame, but we'll see how it plays out. I'm still expecting an entertaining movie, but I was never really excited about Iron Man 3 anyways. Man Of Steel is where it's at, followed by Star Trek. Those are my top 2 most anticipated by far.

The Spectacular Spider-Man is definitely the best version of Spidey to date, even surpassing Raimi's first two films which I adore. And just like you, I really hope for a very TSSM-esque series of Spidey later on in life.

Totally!

I mean, everything is so well done and thought out in that series! And I even like the visual design of it alot! It looks unique but still not over-the-top. It fits so well with the tone and humour as well!

It even gets pretty twisted at times with Norman and Harry Osborn and things like that! It's one of those rare shows that don't water things down for children (I'm looking at you, Disney!).

It's awesome how well treated the villains are as well. At first I didn't like that almost everyone originated at Oscorp but now I'm fine with it and it serves the story which is the most important thing. They made Shocker a total badass, Green Goblin was done perfectly, Venom was truly awesome etc. Surprisingly, my favourite villain of the show is actually Rhino. He was so great in this show!! I love the "I hate you...so much!" line haha! The only villains I were disappointed in were Kraven and Mysterio. Other than that everyone was great with the exception of Doc Ock's bright voice.

I really think Joss Whedon would be THE man for Spidey. May sound fanboyish after The Avengers but that film really had a "Spider-Man"-vibe if you ask me.

About that twist in IM3. Yeah that definitely sounds cheap! [BLACKOUT]It sounds like a total rip off of Batman Begins but done badly. Didn't the director say before that he didn't like Mandarin that much? Well, this shows he was meaning it[/BLACKOUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"