Wizard Showdown Part II: Gandalf Vs Dumbledore

TBadora

Sidekick
Reaction score
This is the second science-fiction/comic book cross over match between two powerful wizards. In the first match, it was determined that Dr. Strange (Marvel Comics) was indeed far more powerful that Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter).

gandalf%20vs.%20dumb..PNG

The Ultimate Wizard Showdown: If these two wizards ever battled to the death, using all their wizard magic (and just about anything else imaginable) who'd emerge victorious? Vote the outcome of the battle on the poll, then post a brief description of how you'd see the battle happen (justify your poll choice).

For those who are not familiar who they are: Gandalf is from the Lord of the Ring Series by J. R. R. Tolkien. Dumbledore is from the Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling. Both wizards are said to be extremely powerful.

Seriously?

Gandalf's a friggin' archangel. Of course he beats Dumbledore... and even the cool Richard Harris version.

Does Gandalf do anything in the books? Because from watching the Movies he appears, well, pretty lame.

Does Gandalf do anything in the books? Because from watching the Movies he appears, well, pretty lame.

Word.:up:

The only thing Gandalf would do to Dumbledore is scream at him, then shine a really bright light at him. Lame:down:

Throughout the whole series, from the Hobbit to the Return of the King, Gandalf does very little magic. What magic he does do is very minor or not described. One Avada Kedavra and it's over.

Gandalf wins this one for me.I heard there was a movie out featuring both of them but you can't get it at blockbuster.:cwink:

Gandalf's powers are always left in the background of Tolkien's books. His magick is very unknowable. Dumbledore's magick is all foreground, baby. Plus, he has that oh so stylish kufi cap. Gandalf is notoriously hatless for most of his journey... and when he does adorn his crown with the proper accouterment, it is sadly generic. Dumbledore for the win.

gandalf would wipe the floor with dumbledore .

For gods sake...anyone with any kind of brain would know that G man would win!

For gods sake...anyone with any kind of brain would know that G man would win!

Maybe if he had a fez. Could you imagine how much more awesome that scene where him and Bilbo are smoking their pipes could have been if he had simply had the good sense to wear one of these babies?

turkish%20fez-375.jpg

I'm pretty sure all Dumbledore has to so is use the Imperious curse and he can control Gandalf. Game over. Dumbledore FTW.

One is fictionally gay, the other is played by a gay actor. I go with the gay actor one.

One is fictionally gay, the other is played by a gay actor. I go with the gay actor one.

So basically if their paths were to cross, then they could Theoretically end up just having sex with each other?

Look, when it comes down to it. Sadly we don't really know what Gandalf is capable of. While Dumbledore has busted out some hardcore magic on the main baddy in the story. So for me as it stands Dumbledore would win hands down. He has just shown more magic.

Has anyone considered the fact that Gandalf's universe and his creator are vastly superior and badass to that of Dumbledore? Plus his name sounds like "bumble", so he's sure to screw things up.

Dumbledore. Lord of the Rings is the more trendy in the geek world, so its not suprising to see Gandalf win...but the fact is, it won't be a sword fight or a staff fight. The magic that Dumbledore has shown is far superior to that of Gandalf's.

gandalf grey/white, read other books by tolkien matt. before you make outrageous claims. and time is on the side of Lotr, obviously.

Dumbledore. Lord of the Rings is the more trendy in the geek world, so its not suprising to see Gandalf win...but the fact is, it won't be a sword fight or a staff fight. The magic that Dumbledore has shown is far superior to that of Gandalf's.

Ridiculous, since the appeal of Gandalf is that we never really seen the type of power he can wield.

Throughout the whole series, from the Hobbit to the Return of the King, Gandalf does very little magic. What magic he does do is very minor or not described. One Avada Kedavra and it's over.

Exactly. I'm actually surprised Gandalf is winning this poll by so many votes. Gandalf in both the Rings books and movies does not perform much magic at all. Peter Jackson has said one reason he likes the character so much is because he DOESN'T perform magical feats. Dumbledore could use an AK killing curse or Imperious curse and it would be over. Dumbledore is the most powerful wizard of all time in the HP books.

As far as the actors go Ian McKellen FTW! He is better than Michael Gambon.

Sorry but Dumbledore would kick Gandalfs ass. Gandalf hangs out with ******ed midgets how tough can he be?

Gonna say the won't fight because each is gay and would just have hawt secks with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"