• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
wolfneworder5.7610.jpg

1U4G1L3l.jpg

vcNwz6xl.jpg

Bethesda has put to an end the guessing games: Wolfenstein: The New Order marks the return of the series since its ignominious last outing in 2009. This time Swedish developer MachineGames is at the helm.

The game will come out for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 – as well as unnamed next-gen systems sometime near the end of this year.

According to details at Gamespot, the game features series' hero B.J. Blazkowicz in a reimagined 1960s where the Nazis have won the war. Exercising their control, the regime has created a robot army and other super weapons in a bid to extend their control across the globe "and beyond." You can head here to check out the trailer.

Gameplay details have not been announced yet, but the initial press release for the title tabs the franchise's first-person shooter heritage while saying that The New Order will be a "reimaging of this franchise."

This is MachineGames' first known game, but the Swedish studio was created in 2009 by some of the founding members of Starbreeze Studios who were the creative team for The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher's Bay.

The developer was acquired by Bethesda parent company ZeniMax in 2010, and appears to have been working on the game since then using id Tech 5.

Source

Last edited:
You called it! :cool:

A week early.

[BLACKOUT]About a different game.[/BLACKOUT]

I only played the original game for the 1st time like a year or 2 ago so it's hard to judge if it was anywhere in the league of the likes of Doom in its day. Is it supposed to be? The Hitler thing was awesome though! :BA

A week early.

[BLACKOUT]About a different game.[/BLACKOUT]
Even better! :woot:

I love Wolfenstein so greatly looking forward to this! But no ID logo anywhere?

I only played the original game for the 1st time like a year or 2 ago so it's hard to judge if it was anywhere in the league of the likes of Doom in its day. Is it supposed to be? The Hitler thing was awesome though! :BA

I assume you're talking about Wolfenstein 3D. There were actually two other games made before that one by a different developer.

Castle Wolfenstein

Beyond Castle Wolfenstein

Also "in it's day" is kind of a funny thing to say because Wolfenstein 3D came out only a year before Doom. Anyway, yeah, Wolfenstein 3D is commonly cited as the first first-person shooter game. (Though there's some debate as there are some earlier examples, two of which were even made by id).

I love Wolfenstein so greatly looking forward to this! But no ID logo anywhere?

id hasn't been directly involved with the series since Wolfenstein 3D. Raven and Splash Damage have been the developers since then.

Not trying to be a game history nazi to anyone (no pun intended), just posting the information so people don't get confused. :)

I assume you're talking about Wolfenstein 3D. There were actually two other games made before that one by a different developer.

Castle Wolfenstein

Also "in it's day" is kind of a funny thing to say because Wolfenstein 3D came out only a year before Doom. Anyway, yeah, Wolfenstein 3D is commonly cited as the first first-person shooter game. (Though there's some debate as there are some earlier examples, two of which were even made by id).

id hasn't been directly involved with the series since Wolfenstein 3D. Raven and Splash Damage have been the developers since then.

Not trying to be a game history nazi to anyone (no pun intended), just posting the information so people don't get confused. :)

Thats true, but they were at least publishers on Wolfenstein and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I miss Raven. :(

Yep, such a great and prolific developer. Now they're stuck making Call of Duty map packs. :/

Ya Raven use to be great. Wolfenstein 3D was the first FPS I ever played, back during it's release it was just stunning.

I like Return to Castle Wolfenstein it was alright. But since then the other one was not as great. However I like this concept, it takes from one of my favorite books ever The Man in the High Castle one of Philip K. Dick's best works.

I have no idea how well it holds up, but I liked Return to Castle Wolfenstein quite a bit.

I haven't played the most recent one, but I kind of want to now.

Castle Wolfenstein

Oh yeah I've heard of those 2. Now I'm not sure, I assume it's Wolfenstein 3D I played but I'd have to check.

Oh I worded that badly. By in its day I meant if I'd played Wolfenstein back when it came out would it have been as great as Doom (which I did play back then). Very hard to judge playing it now. I don't think I knew that Wolfenstein came out before Doom though. Assumed it was derived from Doom. Good to learn some video game history anyway. :woot:

Yep, such a great and prolific developer. Now they're stuck making Call of Duty map packs. :/

They're damn good at it though. I wish we would have gotten a Wolverine 2

They're damn good at it though. I wish we would have gotten a Wolverine 2

And a X-Men Legends 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Jedi Knight IV, Heretic III, and Singularity 2! :p

Now isn't this the kind of game where you would expect multiplayer and it would actually add value?

Yeah, excluding multiplayer seems like an odd decision considering that because of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Enemy Territory especially, the franchise is well-known and well-liked largely because of multiplayer.

However when you look at Machinegames' pedigree you see that they worked on stuff like Escape from Butcher Bay and The Darkness, which weren't at all focused on multiplayer, it makes some sense.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...fenstein--The-New-Order-Screens-March-In.html
Bethesda has released all of the screenshots following the big Wolfenstein: The New Order reveal last week. We jumped the gun and posted several leaked images a few days ago, but now you can view the rest.
There's another five in all, showing the Nazi's stomping war machines and more besides. Set in an alternate reality in which the Nazis won World War II, Wolfenstein: The New Order is a frightening vision of what could have been.
Set to be a single-player only experience with a narrative set in the 1960s, Wolfenstein: The New Order will be releasing BJ Blazkowicz from captivity to kick some Nazi ass on current and next-gen consoles later in the year. Check out the five new shots below.
med_RoW_BFFs.jpg

med_RoW_Gunpoint.jpg

med_RoW_LaserRoom.jpg

med_RoW_StabbyStabby.jpg

med_RoW_Charge.jpg

I'm glad there's no MP because it's always bland, generic MP anyway.

Never played Enemy Territory I take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"