The Wolverine Wolverine 3 - March 3, 2017

No, that's what Yukio is for. She and Wolverine are long-time bang buddies in the comics after all and he did declare herself to be his "bodyguard." :cwink:

Whatever happens, we need Yukio. :up:

I'll bet we get to revisit that deleted scene with the costume, too.

3rd March movie with my favorite comic book character? My birthday are 1st March, this will be good gift.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/fox-sets-david-james-kelly-to-script-next-wolverine/
Fox Sets David James Kelly To Script Next ‘Wolverine’
By MIKE FLEMING JR

EXCLUSIVE: Fox has hired David James Kelly to script the next installment of The Wolverine, the X-Men franchise spinoff that James Mangold will direct with Hugh Jackman reprising his signature role. Kelly is also next set to adapt the Dark Horse graphic novel Mind Mgmt for Scott Free Productions and the original pitch Sentinel for Appian Way and Fox. The studio is eyeing a March 3, 2017 release.

Kelly is repped by WME, LBI and Hansen, Jacobson.

I have no idea who that is. Is he any good?

Excellent news about the sequel, though the March date worries me a little, the likes of 300 have made a lot of money in march. Even the sequel is doing quite well despite being a lesser movie.

So if this is going to be smaller and more contained like the last movie it shouldnt really be an issue. So happy Mangold is back.

Would love it if Wolverine, Yukio, Sabretooth (the Shrieber(sp?) version) and Colossus (with Rogue possibly thrown in as well) have go to Russia to deal with a re-awakened Omega Red.

'The Wolverine 2' forum. I demand it NOW!!! :cmad:

Great news! The wolverine was an awesome movie and one of the best of 2013. It's great to hear that mangolds back. I hope this has Omega red.

This will be fox's 9th x men movie. If I remember correctly they could only make 10. Shame, I always wanted an X men vs arcade movie. They will most likely renew their contract.

There is a silly amount of things I want to see. Obviously, Yukio has to return. I would also love to see Anna Paquin's Rogue join the adventure, since she sort of took the Jubilee/Kitty role in the main films. Would also love to see Liev's Sabretooth and Kelly Hu's Deathstrike again.

This will be fox's 9th x men movie. If I remember correctly they could only make 10. Shame, I always wanted an X men vs arcade movie. They will most likely renew their contract.

That's incorrect. A slong as they keep making films they keep the rights.

The big news some are losing in this Is Hugh jackman IS confirmed to return as Wolverine after DOFP for third wolverine film. It will be his 8th or 9th film as wolverine depending on If he Is in Apocalypse.

I have no idea who that is. Is he any good?

He doesn't really have a track record to look at to. I guess he's still an upcoming writer with few films under his belt. So for that I can't say if he's a good choice or not.

Mangold will be working with the writer and then probably do a draft himself at some point, the writer being inexperienced doesnt worry me for that reason.

If they choose Omega Red will be awesome. I personally like if they wants Yukio again, she was excellent in The Wolverine.

It would be cool if they don't make a movie placed before Days of future past but after. Maybe a movie that forced him to wear his yellow costume for a while :hubba

Rogue? Why not? But, personally, i'd like to see Domino.

Omega Red would be awesome!

Just imagine those carbonadium tentacles in live-action! He also has a healing factor, he can absorb life force and he has ability to secrete pheromones that result in sickness/death. He's like Deathstrike/Silver Samurai/Viper all in one.

But I have a feeling he might not be in the movie because he's an obvious fan choice for this movie.

Yes. Omega Red will be awesome.

As for Domino, i'd like to see her in this movie. As a mercenary. They can set up her for a future X-Force's movie. Maybe in the end she met Cable.

Mariko needs to be back as well. Even if it's too kill her off. I just don't want her to disappear from the universe.

The big news some are losing in this Is Hugh jackman IS confirmed to return as Wolverine after DOFP for third wolverine film. It will be his 8th or 9th film as wolverine depending on If he Is in Apocalypse.

enANuHo.gif

I'll call it Wolverine 2 for the time being.

Mangold and Jackman. I trust those guys more than myself. Watched Mangold's "Cop land" and "3:10 to Yuma" again. Excellent movies. The guy knows what makes a good movie and how to put stuff on screen.

Also, while I'd like to see Yukio back, it doesn't even have to be a mutant film. I'd be totally fine if it wasn't a "Wolverine vs. mutant bad guy" scenario.

Wolverine 2 was called The Wolverine, this is Wolverine 3.

Wolverine 2 was called The Wolverine, this is Wolverine 3.

The next film will not be called Wolverine 3. Either Wolverine 2 or Wolverine: something. The intent of Wolverine was to start (while keeping bone claws/war aspect from Origins) the franchise from a somewhat clean table. You can of course call it The Incredible buttscratcher 4 if you wish!

edit: didn't mean to sound so dickish as it may seem.

Last edited:
On the one hand I think Old Man Logan is a GREAT idea and would be a great send off to the character. But it would HAVE to be an alternate reality/timeline story because in that story Wolvie kills all of the X-men, and let's be honest, if that were canon that would be an incredibly grim way to end the X movies. Then again that's assuming they fully and accurately adapt Old Man Logan and don't change any details.

David James Kelly is writing the script. He's a relative newcomer but very talented. I'm excited. Hope Yukio comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"